Since SW hub is MDW, what lounges are there?

If you mean you are looking for a bar, I'm sure you can buy alcoholic beverages at any number of the food vendors. If you mean an airline-sponsored lounge/club, I don't remember that there are any at MDW. The only airline that serves MDW that has that sort of amenity anywhere is Delta, and that would be at ORD, not MDW. Southwest has never offered that type of airport amenity at any airport that I know of. Remember Southwest is the primary low-cost carrier in the United States. Low-cost is maintained by not offering that sort of "frills."

P.S. IF you are looking for booze, be careful you don't overindulge. Easy to do when you have a long sit like that. You might be denied boarding by SWA if you smell of alcohol.

If you mean you are looking for a bar, I'm sure you can buy alcoholic beverages at any number of the food vendors. If you mean an airline-sponsored lounge/club, I don't remember that there are any at MDW. The only airline that serves MDW that has that sort of amenity anywhere is Delta, and that would be at ORD, not MDW. Southwest has never offered that type of airport amenity at any airport that I know of. Remember Southwest is the primary low-cost carrier in the United States. Low-cost is maintained by not offering that sort of "frills."

P.S. IF you are looking for booze, be careful you don't overindulge. Easy to do when you have a long sit like that. You might be denied boarding by SWA if you smell of alcohol.

I was looking for a lounge like Delta, or the airport lounges like MCO in orlando. It doesn't look like they have any. That surprises me as I would consider MDW a fairly busy terminal but I guess not.

It's not a question of how busy. It's which airlines serve that airport. Southwest does not nor has it ever had airport membership lounges in any airport that I know of.
Nor does Spirit, Frontier, Porter (airline I've never heard of until just a few minutes ago, but it serves MDW), or Airtran (which I think is part of Southwest now).

Low cost airlines stay low-cost by not offering things like airport lounges. By the way, I looked up the cost of a 1-year membership to Delta Sky Club. Executive membership is $795/year. Regular membership is $495/year. (However, I doubt that Delta has a Sky Club at MDW.)

American doesn't even show what the cost is for AAdmiral's Club. They just say the easiest way to join is after you have accumulate 50,000 miles in the AAdvantage program. (If you have to ask, you can't afford it as the old saying goes.)

The clubs are not there for the once-a-year vacation traveler. They are for the frequent flyer who flies in excess of 50,000 miles per year.

Last edited:
Per Lounge Buddy there is a USO lounge in terminal C, airside.

While we can't expect a Southwest lounge, it's strange that MDW does not have a lounge operated by a third party.

However, use of USO lounges is highly restricted to military personnel only. I don't think the OP fits that category. He would have already known about the USO lounge because he would know to ask an agent if there was a USO lounge in the airport. (My brother is retired Army Colonel. His son is in Army Intelligence (just got back from his 5th deployment to Afghanistan. His daughter is a Dr. Major in the Army Medical Corps. The army doctors always put the title in front of the rank. lol)

Also, according to the MDW Info page, the only airline serving Concourse C is called North Sky Airline (another new name that I never heard of before). Southwest uses gates in Concourses A & B. All other airlines use gates in Concourse A.