Skies Are Gray for B6

B6 is a great airline and they have some very nice employees but a declining stock price and loosing some people at the top may make them an attractive takeover target. Now, albeit all airline stocks are tanking with Oil going to absolutely ridiculous prices but if you look at B6 stock its been on a steady decline all year, it peaked in the middle of January and of course in February with the Feb 14 it went down and ket gradually going down I think they started the year around 14.50 and are now around the $7.10 range..... I personally think that might be an undervalued stock but Oil is the key if it stabilizes and goes back down to a reasonable rate like say the 70-80 range or even god forbid the upper 60's the stock would probably shoot back up fast but I think someone might look at making an offer to buy them out and start some consolidation in the airline industry and a low stock price especially if it goes a lot lower makes you guys look that much better for a buy out. A merger with F9 fleet wise would make a lot of sense (I don't know about the engines they might not match up) and there is little overlap on city pairs served but I don't think they are interested in merging - Maybe some fund manager will buy stocks from both airlines and suggest to merge them....I have no idea if that's the way it works but I seem to recal Lorenzo doing stuff like that...I hope I don't get banned for using his name, it's kinda a bad word in the aviation industry. (Anyway a B6 and F9 combo would do little for the consolidation thing...the same capacity would still be in the market place.)

Just hope and pray a Big six doesn't get any ideas about trying to buy you guys out....that would surely be bad for the B6 employess; would be like TWA all over again..... Now I know some AA'er might get mad at me for saying that cause I don't work for them now (I used to work for AMR ticket counter for AA in a small city years ago but left) but living in STL and being a travel agent I work with a lot of travel agents who are ex-TWA and they all miss their airline and equate the merger with AA as the end of their airline and that's all I was trying to say....

Latest posts