Skylink Airways

justajim67

Aug 12, 2004
I have a interview on the 5th of April in Washington for a F/A position with Skylink Airways. Does anyone have any info on this company? The rumor is a base at JFK. Thanks

Hey justajim..I have an April 5th interview with Skylink, as well. From what I have read, the base will be BWI and all flying international with 15 planned destinations on 4 different continents. It will be a low-cost international carrier. They want to partner with the likes of Southwest and Airtran for connecting passengers and BWI is a great choice for that because Southwest and Airtran are the two largest airlines there. Here is a link that gives a lot more explanation. http://www.frommers.com/articles/2632.html I'll see you Tuesday! Good luck!! :-D

toddtravels said:
Hey justajim..I have an April 5th interview with Skylink, as well. From what I have read, the base will be BWI and all flying international with 15 planned destinations on 4 different continents. It will be a low-cost international carrier. They want to partner with the likes of Southwest and Airtran for connecting passengers and BWI is a great choice for that because Southwest and Airtran are the two largest airlines there. Here is a link that gives a lot more explanation. http://www.frommers.com/articles/2632.html I'll see you Tuesday! Good luck!! :-D
[post="260300"][/post]​

toddtravels said:
[post="260300"][/post]​
Todd, how did the interview go ? I had to pass with hopes of a future interview. Any info would be great. Kimberly at ALA made it seem that JFK was their base choice. Thanks

justajim67 said:
Todd, how did the interview go ? I had to pass with hopes of a future interview. Any info would be great. Kimberly at ALA made it seem that JFK was their base choice. Thanks
[post="260557"][/post]​

Hey justajim...sent you a pm about Skylink. :)

Looking at the job listings on the Skylink site, I find it quite obvious that they have their eyes on JFK. IMO, it is the better choice, because a low-cost carrier has to focus primarily on O&D traffic, which is higher in NYC. And as added gravy, Jetblue could provide transfer passengers. Banking on Southwest for connecting traffic is risky. If SWA wanted to get into international traffic, they would most likely use ATA as their carrier of choice. As a matter of fact, ATA already had detailed plans for scheduled transatlantic service beginning this year - until the bankruptcy put them on halt. But I am sure once ATA has recovered (and I am sure they will), these plans will be pulled out of the drawer again.

PHX Flyer said:
Looking at the job listings on the Skylink site, I find it quite obvious that they have their eyes on JFK. IMO, it is the better choice, because a low-cost carrier has to focus primarily on O&D traffic, which is higher in NYC. And as added gravy, Jetblue could provide transfer passengers. Banking on Southwest for connecting traffic is risky. If SWA wanted to get into international traffic, they would most likely use ATA as their carrier of choice. As a matter of fact, ATA already had detailed plans for scheduled transatlantic service beginning this year - until the bankruptcy put them on halt. But I am sure once ATA has recovered (and I am sure they will), these plans will be pulled out of the drawer again.
[post="261168"][/post]​

You're right, Skylink will be using JFK as their base of operation. They will being as charter and hope to being commercial service by the end of the year. It sounds like a very interesting idea. The first flight attendant class will begin April 18th and will be conducted by Delta Airlines' training department in Atlanta. Pay is $20/hr with 70 hour guarantee and $38/day per diem, regardless of domestic or international. After the first class graduates, they will be helping to certify the 767 and SkyLink by doing proving runs and mini-evacs. They will then continue doing charter flights and will perform IOEs and Check Rides for new graduates. The Standstead base will perform the majority of the scheduled service with JFK providing ready reserve support to the UK base.

Hope this helps any of you out there who are interested. I don't quite know what they are looking for in their candidates, so even if you think you don't match their idea of a perfect candidate, go to the interview session anyway...ya never know! And good luck!

Back