Skywest pilot steals plane, kills self

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
<mods: I placed this in the DL forum since 00 is primarily a DL feeder; feel free to move to the regional forum)

http://www.sltrib.co...george.html.csp

SkyWest worker causes &lsquo;incident&rsquo; at St. George airport, kills self

Officials &raquo; Airline says it is cooperating with the FBI, TSA.

A SkyWest employee is responsible for the unspecified "ground incident" that closed St. George airport Tuesday....

Another report states he was wanted for question in connection with the death of his girlfriend:​

This is not good at all, but at least he did not manage to take off. I was reminded of the incident in Botswana where a an Air Botswana pilot took an aircraft and crashed it into parked planes, destroying tiny airline's fleet. Sadly, there have been a few of incidents of commercial pilots deliberately crashing over the years. (EgyptAir, Silk Air, the JAL DC-8 in the 80s) Until now, none in this country.

<mods: I placed this in the DL forum since 00 is primarily a DL feeder; feel free to move to the regional forum)

http://www.sltrib.co...george.html.csp

SkyWest worker causes &lsquo;incident&rsquo; at St. George airport, kills self

Officials &raquo; Airline says it is cooperating with the FBI, TSA.

A SkyWest employee is responsible for the unspecified "ground incident" that closed St. George airport Tuesday....

Another report states he was wanted for question in connection with the death of his girlfriend:​

Until now, none in this country.

Partially true. I seem to recall a Delta mechanic in Tucson stealing a 737 after finding out the maintenance station was closing and he was having marital issues. He was cutting doughnuts on the runway before cops shot out main landing wheels. He Wasn't a pilot and noone was killed but the potential was still there.

There might have been an incident averted earlier this year when the jetBlue captain was removed from the flight deck and restrained by passengers. Had he not been locked out of the flight deck, who knows what might have happened?

Latest posts