Smoke in cabin on AA plane at LHR (passengers evacuated via emergency slides)

FrugalFlyerv2.0

Veteran
Oct 29, 2003
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3660742/American-Airlines-passengers-evacuated-Heathrow.html

Passengers have been forced to evacuate an American Airlines flight in London today due to smoke in the cabin.
The incident happened at 12.30pm at Heathrow Airport's Terminal 3, with around a dozen people having to use the emergency slides to get out of the plane. 
Emergency services have been called to the scenes as the passengers made their way to safety.

35AF094000000578-3660742-Smoke_could_be_seen_coming_from_the_rear_of_the_aircraft_forcing-m-62_1466945199645.jpg

35AF04EC00000578-0-image-a-50_1466943599014.jpg

1AA said:
More Airbus junk. Did you notice the 3R door evacuation slide deployed and the end of the slide was still off the ground?
The irony of thst is that the L3/R3 doors are EMERGENCY EXITS ONLY...not entry or service doors.

1AA said:
More Airbus junk. Did you notice the 3R door evacuation slide deployed and the end of the slide was still off the ground?

MetalMover, on 27 Jun 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:
The irony of thst is that the L3/R3 doors are EMERGENCY EXITS ONLY...not entry or service doors.

That's typical.  Anyone with even a passing knowledge of evacuation slides would know that.  The smaller slides (the ones that are not slide/rafts) are light enough that it takes no more than a slight breeze to raise them off the ground when EMPTY, you rhymes-with-Enron!

nycbusdriver said:

That's typical.  Anyone with even a passing knowledge of evacuation slides would know that.  The smaller slides (the ones that are not slide/rafts) are light enough that it takes no more than a slight breeze to raise them off the ground when EMPTY, you rhymes-with-Enron!
Yes thanks for the explanation, I am more than aware of evacuation doors and slides... My post said IRONY.......as in "isn't it a coincidence that the EMERGENCE ONLY exit door has the slide not reaching the ground." And also thanks for explaining the wind effects on objects. 
Next time I'll spell out the entire humor dissertation  of it so people like you don't feel the need to correct the less intelligent likes of us. 

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
with around a dozen people having to use the emergency slides to get out of the plane. 

This is the part I have a beef with.  The email sent to FAs by the union and by the company said three slides were deployed, 3R apparently by a passenger.  The rest left the aircraft in an orderly fashion through the boarding door.  The phrase "having to use" implies it was their only way off.  I doubt it.

Sloppy reporting.

MK

MetalMover said:
Yes thanks for the explanation, I am more than aware of evacuation doors and slides... My post said IRONY.......as in "isn't it a coincidence that the EMERGENCE ONLY exit door has the slide not reaching the ground." And also thanks for explaining the wind effects on objects. 
Next time I'll spell out the entire humor dissertation  of it so people like you don't feel the need to correct the less intelligent likes of us. 
 I understand irony.  Your post was lacking that, and simply ignorant.

noun, plural ironies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning:
the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Literature.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
Socratic irony.
dramatic irony.
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
the incongruity of this.
an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.

nycbusdriver said:
 I understand irony.  Your post was lacking that, and simply ignorant.

noun, plural ironies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning:
the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Literature.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
Socratic irony.
dramatic irony.
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
the incongruity of this.
an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.

This about describes you.

Full Definition of condescending

1. :  showing or characterized by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others

condescendingly
 play\-ˈsen-diŋ-lē\ adverb

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts