Some FA's don't know they got a pay raise.

I don't think it has to be 3% above TOS. It just has to be industry average when adding in their new contract. Of course AFA only posted the good items, but it does seem that there MAY be a small increase in pay coming our way. No one knows until all the details come out. The good and the bad. Plus APFA is trying to get the Hard 40 removed as well, but the company wants something back as well. Maybe they'll roll that into any sort of averaging methodology. In the end, I'll be more than happy to take some extra $. Anything that helps my 401K grow faster is appreciated. I'm really curious how good their F/A specific medical plan is. Hopefully it really is better and it is something we can strive to get next contract or an offset for it in extra pay.

IORFA said:
I don't think it has to be 3% above TOS. It just has to be industry average when adding in their new contract. Of course AFA only posted the good items, but it does seem that there MAY be a small increase in pay coming our way. No one knows until all the details come out. The good and the bad. Plus APFA is trying to get the Hard 40 removed as well, but the company wants something back as well. Maybe they'll roll that into any sort of averaging methodology. In the end, I'll be more than happy to take some extra $. Anything that helps my 401K grow faster is appreciated. I'm really curious how good their F/A specific medical plan is. Hopefully it really is better and it is something we can strive to get next contract or an offset for it in extra pay.
I very much doubt you'll get that hard 40 removed without giving up something in return for it. Your group fought like crazy to get it removed in the first place and then you voted no. It was a tactical mistake on the members part. And the reason I don't believe the company will change it again for free is because it would make management look like pushovers if they did.

Sorry but that's my two cents about it.

Reactions: 4 people
I find it amazing that the FA's are about 2 years into their contract, 4 raises and some still don't know they got a decent pay raises or unscheduled pay raises. This FA was complaining that she has only gotten an additional $10 per pay check raise. There's being unhappy about your contract and being ignorant of your compensation. I hear so many whiners on the airplanes. You're making $60 an hour which is about $10 more an hour then you were making before all the raises you have gotten, and don't whine to a mech who is STILL working under bankruptcy contract and didn't get the 4% raise all the other employees got, and we didn't get a 6.5% raise because DP felt that another airline was taking too long to negotiate a contract. 

No offense intended for the FA's that don't complain and act professionally on a daily basis.

Reactions: 3 people
bigjets said:
I find it amazing that the FA's are about 2 years into their contract, 4 raises and some still don't know they got a decent pay raises or unscheduled pay raises. This FA was complaining that she has only gotten an additional $10 per pay check raise. There's being unhappy about your contract and being ignorant of your compensation. I hear so many whiners on the airplanes. You're making $60 an hour which is about $10 more an hour then you were making before all the raises you have gotten, and don't whine to a mech who is STILL working under bankruptcy contract and didn't get the 4% raise all the other employees got, and we didn't get a 6.5% raise because DP felt that another airline was taking too long to negotiate a contract. 

No offense intended for the FA's that don't complain and act professionally on a daily basis.

And I think the FA's will get another bump up on their wages if the new AFA TA gets voted in.

WeAAsles said:
And I think the FA's will get another bump up on their wages if the new AFA TA gets voted in.
Yep. Meanwhile the unelected association languishes in negotations. Costing it's members hundreds, if not thousands of dollars each month.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
...and unless we get a "bonus", a lot of money we will never recoup. I know, the delay is getting us more money!

From the book of the number after 699, "You do realize" with each passing day, that delayed raise has less and less spending power.

AANOTOK said:
From the book of the number after 699, "You do realize" with each passing day, that delayed raise has less and less spending power.

This belongs on the Fleet thread. You know what's going on and I've asked this before. Do you want our negotiators to just take whatever else the company wants to offer us?

Like I said if that's what people want and our negotiators agree we could probably finish and have a TA in about a week.

And 700 has stayed off the Fleet and Maintenance threads lately. So why are you trying to antagonize him?

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
This belongs on the Fleet thread. You know what's going on and I've asked this before. Do you want our negotiators to just take whatever else the company wants to offer us?

Like I said if that's what people want and our negotiators agree we could probably finish and have a TA in about a week.

And 700 has stayed off the Fleet and Maintenance threads lately. So why are you trying to antagonize him?
Again, W, stop speaking for the number after 699, you are not his or my mentor...secondly, I'm behind the Association, Pilots, Mechanics and F/A's...but I can voice an opinion and disagree with them at any junction I feel it necessary. What are you the number after 699 replacement or the Association bouncer?

Reactions: 2 people