Very good article on NK from living there to their views on successful nuclear war.
It is very long but well worth the time.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/09/18/the-risk-of-nuclear-war-with-north-korea
Pretty good assessment. I don't agree with all of it but by and large it's spot on.
The problem is Merika's consistently inconsistent foreign policy.
Like I have stated previously, If they listened to Patton, the Russia threat (which focused on China) would be a non issue.
The 'Allies' split Korea giving the North to China/Russia control.
When NK attacked SK we intervened and kicked them back to NK and were advancing.
When China (backed by Russia) became involved, we had our a$$ kicked.
If MacArthur had his way, we would have attacked China as well.
Oh Well, Our inconsistent policies have caused this mess, and NK doesn't think we have the tenacity for war.

I still do not believe in a preemptive strike, like we did in Iraq.
Hell, Saddam was our allay until he found out we were sending weapons to Iraq during their war.
I don't blame him for being distrustful and pissed. Would you?
How do you trust people like that?

So, my 2 cents, NK will not do a preemptive strike.
They will threaten and posture but will not pull the trigger.
But, this is just my opinion. If NK does, we have little choice but to smoke them.
I just hope my in-laws will survive,

B) :cool: xUT

Like I have stated previously, If they listened to Patton, the Russia threat (which focused on China) would be a non issue.

If we had listened to Patton there more than likely would have been open rebellion not only within the ranks but here at home as well. I can only imagine the reaction from guys who just survived the meat grinder of places like Normandy, Bastogne, Anzio etc that they were not going to get to fight the Soviets. Or the reactions of their families at home.

Quick look up 27 billion dollar trade deficit with S Korea. Guess he's acting like a business man instead of a diplomatic politician we are used to. Do you run your leather goods "chaps the specialty" business in San Fran to benefit the consumer only or perhaps you'd like to make a little profit

This is not business. This is international relations and Trump seems to thing we are the only game in town. We are not. We can see that with Mexico cozying up to China and Russia.

Very good article on NK from living there to their views on successful nuclear war.
It is very long but well worth the time.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/09/18/the-risk-of-nuclear-war-with-north-korea

Interesting article. If war were to break out on the Korean Peninsula conventional or otherwise it would be a blood bath of epic proportions. The danger now is a miscalculation on our part or theirs that could send things spiraling out of control.

The Cuban missile crisis is a good example. One little blunder and there's a good chance none of us would be here to talk about it. The only thing that prevented a Soviet sub from firing a nuclear tipped torpedo at US ships was one officer who vetoed it. Scary stuff.

If we had listened to Patton there more than likely would have been open rebellion not only within the ranks but here at home as well. I can only imagine the reaction from guys who just survived the meat grinder of places like Normandy, Bastogne, Anzio etc that they were not going to get to fight the Soviets. Or the reactions of their families at home.

I agree, but that was then and it would have been an unprovoked/preemptive attack.
People thought differently then, now, apparently not.
Kinda of like attacking Iraq.

Interesting article. If war were to break out on the Korean Peninsula conventional or otherwise it would be a blood bath of epic proportions. The danger now is a miscalculation on our part or theirs that could send things spiraling out of control.

The Cuban missile crisis is a good example. One little blunder and there's a good chance none of us would be here to talk about it. The only thing that prevented a Soviet sub from firing a nuclear tipped torpedo at US ships was one officer who vetoed it. Scary stuff.

Hopefully, lil Kim will not do anything 'more' stupid than he does now.
Anyone who thinks he makes his own technology, rocket fuel, uranium refinement, etc...
Is, IMHO, very ignorant.
China, Russia, Pakistan, etc... is giving them all they need.
UN sanctions are not working because his supporters still supply him with what he wants.
No matter that most people starve, placed in camps, or outright executed, lil Kim will do what he wants.

He thinks he is a living god, and so do his people, or they will die.

Too bad he is surrounded and protected by the NK elite as the best scenario is for an internal overthrow, but that's not going to happen. If you are suspect, he will terminate you.
Hell, he killed his uncle and brother, how many others, we don't know.

Maybe, (just hypothesizing) if Bush had attacked NK 'as the axis of evil' instead of Saddam, this would be a non issue.

Time will tell.

JMHO&PO

This is not business. This is international relations and Trump seems to thing we are the only game in town. We are not. We can see that with Mexico cozying up to China and Russia.
In the end it will be about business because China is going to have to step in.True they don't want a Democratic unified Korea but they also like the business relationship with the US. There is a game of Russian roulette going on and t both leaders better tone it down before something very bad happens.

I was reading about that officer on Wikipedia just the other day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov

In case anyone is interested.

Hopefully, lil Kim will not do anything 'more' stupid than he does now.
Anyone who thinks he makes his own technology, rocket fuel, uranium refinement, etc...
Is, IMHO, very ignorant.
China, Russia, Pakistan, etc... is giving them all they need.
UN sanctions are not working because his supporters still supply him with what he wants.
No matter that most people starve, placed in camps, or outright executed, lil Kim will do what he wants.

He thinks he is a living god, and so do his people, or they will die.

Too bad he is surrounded and protected by the NK elite as the best scenario is for an internal overthrow, but that's not going to happen. If you are suspect, he will terminate you.
Hell, he killed his uncle and brother, how many others, we don't know.

Maybe, (just hypothesizing) if Bush had attacked NK 'as the axis of evil' instead of Saddam, this would be a non issue.

Time will tell.

JMHO&PO
Sounds like one step beyond the Clinton Crime Syndicate.

Too bad you don't know as much as you think you do.
Which is 'nothing'! in regards to lil Kim and NK.
You might know something else, but, clearly not this.
(BTW, Clinton is not POTUS, or do you need help?)
Hey, if you want to turn a blind eye to the crimes the Clinton family have committed that's on you.