If they listened to Patton, the Russia threat (which focused on China) would be a non issue.

If MacArthur had his way, we would have attacked China as well.

There seems to be a growing attitude withing this country to defer to the judgement of the generals and admirals. There's an inherent danger in this because it assumes that they will make the right decisions. You only have to look at the Cuban Missile crisis to know the folly in this.

There seems to be a growing attitude withing this country to defer to the judgement of the generals and admirals. There's an inherent danger in this because it assumes that they will make the right decisions. You only have to look at the Cuban Missile crisis to know the folly in this.
Normally I say you are correct but with this president we might be better off with Generals. Hopefully none are pounding their fists on the table asking for the codes. What I would do is ask for the expertise of XUT he has the entire "MASH" box set and and a Samsung TV. Oh and he loves Korean BBQ

Reactions: Zom JFK
Sounds like South Korea might include North Korea too, soon. The DMZ could be a beach

I was thinking in similar terms. I was thinking SK will no longer be a penninsula but become an island.

But recent history shows that while we have always had the fire power, we would rather put our soldiers in mortal danger, show off the devestation of certain weapons on CNN to drive up sales of weapons to other countries. It's how we balance the trade deficit and increase stock prices and the gdp.

The judgement of the establishment class politicians hasn't been anything to write home about either.

I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is that this attitude that seems to have taken hold on this country of just let the generals/admirals make the call has dangers of it's own.

I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is that this attitude that seems to have taken hold on this country of just let the generals/admirals make the call has dangers of it's own.

They have been constrained by politicians who keep adding coumadin to the diet in an attempt to 'fix' the continuing crisis.

Normally I say you are correct but with this president we might be better off with Generals. Hopefully none are pounding their fists on the table asking for the codes. What I would do is ask for the expertise of XUT he has the entire "MASH" box set and and a Samsung TV. Oh and he loves Korean BBQ

Thanks Albert, you never cease to make me laugh at your stupidity.
I have a friend here that may post a picture of a Korean BBQ.
:D

Thanks Albert, you never cease to make me laugh at your stupidity.
I have a friend here that may post a picture of a Korean BBQ.
:D
No need I work in Queens NY, I see it everyday.Better start fixing up that basement you might have some relatives staying with you pretty soon.

Love always

Al

Last edited:
They have been constrained by politicians who keep adding coumadin to the diet in an attempt to 'fix' the continuing crisis.

Like they were constrained by JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis? The Joint Chiefs wanted to bomb Cuba from one end to the other then send in the troops. With thousands of Soviet advisers there how do you think that would have played out.

If you're going to make the argument that if only the military had been given a free hand in Vietnam things would have turned out different. Truth is we should never have been there in the first place. And giving the military a free hand would not have changed the outcome.

Like they were constrained by JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis? The Joint Chiefs wanted to bomb Cuba from one end to the other then send in the troops. With thousands of Soviet advisers there how do you think that would have played out.

If you're going to make the argument that if only the military had been given a free hand in Vietnam things would have turned out different. Truth is we should never have been there in the first place. And giving the military a free hand would not have changed the outcome.

Cuber? I can't remember because I was hiding under my desk in school.

It's called exercised constraint. Cuber and Nam are two entirely different issues.

Nam we were helping a NATO Allie if I remember. Yes if politicians had let the military do their job, things would have been quite different today.