Southwest A/C Mechanics?

Last I saw we had a little under 2400 on the seniority list.  Southwest has hired mechanics every single month this year so we could be over the 2400 mark by now.  Hope this helps you out...

No it's not. And it never has been. Lean and Mean is how SWA likes to run the mechanics ranks.  We have the same amount of A/C as other airlines and even more in some cases, and have the lowest headcount out of all of them. Some say we are paid what we are paid because we have the lowest headcount per A/C.  But, with that said, SWA also outsources the most of any passenger airline. Ok with me but will not allow any more outsourcing from here on out including this current contract negotiations being conducted.

No it's not. And it never has been. Lean and Mean is how SWA likes to run the mechanics ranks. We have the same amount of A/C as other airlines and even more in some cases, and have the lowest headcount out of all of them. Some say we are paid what we are paid because we have the lowest headcount per A/C. But, with that said, SWA also outsources the most of any passenger airline. Ok with me but will not allow any more outsourcing from here on out including this current contract negotiations being conducted.

It's sort of hard to scrape up all of the worms and jam them back into the can. Outsourcing happened and became prevalent in MX a looong time ago. To put your foot down over the issue now is going to be a tall order.

It's sort of hard to scrape up all of the worms and jam them back into the can. Outsourcing happened and became prevalent in MX a looong time ago. To put your foot down over the issue now is going to be a tall order.
When you've had enough, it's enough. The entire membership is very united about the outsourcing, very united. Which is more than likely why we are the last group still without an offer of a contract to vote on...

Latest posts