Southwest considers discontinuing USAIR agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2007
I heard from a very reliable SWA employee, (who used to be a USAIR supervisor) that SWA is holding a special meeting on WEDS. to discuss the possibility of ending it's non rev relationship with USAir. Apparently there was some brawl at a gate in PIT between USair flight attendants demanding the SWA use the UsAir boarding system when clearing stand by's.

lolly

Do you mean they were trying to force SWA to use their LCC seniority to determine boarding order of the non-revs? Not cool. As near as I can tell from my own commuting experience on SWA--nothing but good--it is strictly first-come, first-served except SWA employees always go ahead of other airline employees.

You mean my seniority at LCC means squat on another carrier? Say it isn't so. You mean I can't cause a brawl at another airline's gate because someone junior to me got there first and they are getting a seat and I am not?

I hope LUV sends LCC the names of any folks who allegedly caused trouble there.

That is screwed up. We have alot of US west F/A who commutes from LAS to PHX and uses Southwest alot. We have a good relationship with SW over here on the west and for PIT F/A to screw up the agreement would be a tragedy! I hope the rumour is false!

this incident happened a few months ago in pit. there were a few usairways f/a's trying to get to phl and the more senior f/a's were getting mad that the more junior usair f/a was getting on before they were. they caused a stink at the gate area. from what i understand they were blacklisted from riding free on sw. i hope this is the incident your talking about because if another incident just recently happened i would be really pissed at the f'n pit f/a's who think they are entitled to anything and are messing it up for all the usairways f/a's in the system. GROW THE F UP!!! your base is closing . sw is the only thing you have to get you between pit-phl. would be a shame if because of some all get penalized.

That is screwed up. We have alot of US west F/A who commutes from LAS to PHX and uses Southwest alot. We have a good relationship with SW over here on the west and for PIT F/A to screw up the agreement would be a tragedy! I hope the rumour is false!
it's not about west or east . it's about all 8,000 usairways f/a's based in phl,phx,clt,pit,lga,las,bos,&dca. this affects all of us if true.

Well folks there MUST be some element of truth to this considering there was an E-line or CBS about this a few months back correct? I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about it. Maybe it was an email sent to me but I did read something. To think that someone would expect ANOTHER carrier to honor YOUR carriers boarding priority is insane. That's almost like saying a K-mart employee should DEMAND their discount at Target. MORONS....pure nitwits.

Well folks there MUST be some element of truth to this considering there was an E-line or CBS about this a few months back correct? I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about it. Maybe it was an email sent to me but I did read something. To think that someone would expect ANOTHER carrier to honor YOUR carriers boarding priority is insane. That's almost like saying a K-mart employee should DEMAND their discount at Target. MORONS....pure nitwits.
couldn't agree with you more travelpro.

Just another reason why I don't like FA's! I can totally see the argument: Ummm... Ex-CUSE ME B*TCH, I was here FIRST!

When I was a gate agent, we would always get the rude FA's who thought they called the shots. Walking up at -75 thinking they could get the leg up on the other FA's who wanted to jump too. NOT fair.

One time my room-mate didn't accept a jumpseat form because the RULE is -60, and then by senority, and this guy totally got in his face about it. I wouldn't have taken that, I would have gotten his employee number and wrote his goiter-neck up!

BUT... SW doesn't accept other passengers, their bags, or does anything international, maybe they don't want to accept OAL non-revs either because it's a big headache. I agree with their decision.

I know we are supposed to be one group, but if I were west AFA and this really happened, I would ask WN to consider maintaining it's agreement with the west group.

It never ceases to amaze me how juvenile and stupid some of our F/As can be. I can't imagine how some of these people would manage life in any other type of job.

The incident is true and we will have to wait and see if this current rumor is true.

SOUTHWEST (SWA) RECIPROCAL CABIN SEAT AGREEMENT REMINDER

It has been brought to the Union’s attention there may be some confusion with the procedure regarding the Reciprocal Cabin Seat agreement with Southwest Airlines. This confusion has apparently caused several incidents between US Airways Flight Attendants and SWA Customer service agents in the SWA gate areas.

As with all of the other agreements, travel on SWA is on a "FIRST COME FIRST SERVED" basis. Seniority is not a factor in determining boarding priority. Furthermore, the SWA agreement only allows exemption from the "one bag plus one personal item rule" if a Flight Attendant is in uniform.

The Reciprocal Cabin Seat agreements are not set in stone. The agreements are not contracts between the two carriers. They are agreements that were entered into upon mutual consent between two carriers. In other words, they don’t have to remain in effect if one or both carriers decide to discontinue their participation.

The Union and the Company both worked very hard to secure these agreements. These agreements will provide a very tangible benefit for our members who commute and for those who are traveling for pleasure. I would be remiss if I did not take this opportunity to remind everyone to be courteous and follow each carrier’s respective procedure. I would be further remiss if I did not remind everyone that each carrier has the right to their own policies and procedures and can and, in one case, already has denied boarding US Airways Flight Attendants. Each carrier has their own airline to run and will not sacrifice their operation to sort out boarding disputes among US Airways Flight Attendants.

As with any new procedure, there exists a learning curve. If you experience a problem with another carrier participating in the reciprocal cabin seat agreements the proper channel to address the problem would be to contact your supervisor or your local AFA office.
http://www.afausairways.org/Eline/aug28_07.htm

I know we are supposed to be one group, but if I were west AFA and this really happened, I would ask WN to consider maintaining it's agreement with the west group.

How would they tell be able to tell us apart? I thought all our IDs were the same now?

Status
Not open for further replies.