Southwest expands Mexico even more

Yea, me too robbed. I figured Canada would have been started before Hawaii. Actually thought Canada would have been right after Mexico was up and running. Not sure now when Canada will happen, but I do know the main focus is Hawaii now and maybe with Island Air now going (gone as of today) away they may try to speed things up a bit, but we all know how the feds work.

Reactions: SharoninSAT
true bro so true though from the article you sent it appears that Island Air was profitable.. but they must of had one helluva bad leasing deal with Wells Fargo which I believe was going to repo 3 planes not sure how many they actually operated but at least in my opin from the article that the bank was playing hard ball and Island Air shuttered As for Canada I suppose itll be a waiting game :) SW is pretty profitable in Mexico I believe theyre the largest at Cancun is that accurate

Yes SWA is the largest with most flights.
Island Air was losing money. I read in another article that they have lost money (didn't say how much) every quarter for the last 4 1/2 years. Not sure of their fleet size either, I may look it up later just out of curiosity. I'm a little skeptical that SWA can get in there fast enough to reap the rewards of IA vacating their spot. I don't see us in there until at least late 2018 if not 2019, unless there was another purchase for quick rout and plane ownership.

Reactions: robbedagain
Yes SWA is the largest with most flights.
Island Air was losing money. I read in another article that they have lost money (didn't say how much) every quarter for the last 4 1/2 years. Not sure of their fleet size either, I may look it up later just out of curiosity. I'm a little skeptical that SWA can get in there fast enough to reap the rewards of IA vacating their spot. I don't see us in there until at least late 2018 if not 2019, unless there was another purchase for quick rout and plane ownership.
Well I know this Swamt we have finally something with this ETOPS and with the max maintenance, we should have a deal this spring or summer, but I am sure AMFA knows the deal will pass, so the probably want to get it right.