Southwest Going Back To Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess,

CAPT is right, what a stupid post! UniTED hasn't put Frontier out of business in the 12 years we have operated here, what makes you think that SWA has that intention. They are more likely seeing an opportunity to fill in the gaps that UniTED has created with their reductions here is all. Competition is good, but Frontier will ALWAYS be DENVERS HOMETOWN AIRLINE period. Our employee base is every bit as dedicated as the employees at SWA to see that Frontier thrives and survives. It's amazing that they haven't even stated what they're business intentions are, and people like you think that its the end of the world for UniTED and Frontier AMAZING!

Well,since Frontier's stock dropped 29% yesterday just from the annoucement and United can't seem to get itself out of bankruptcy, I guess we will see just how stupid my post was in a few months.

Princess,

The stock drop was a given, that's the way the stock market ticks. Myself I went home that afternoon and had my broker get me an extra 1000 shares of Frontier Stock at $7.61 a share. So when it goes back up to $14+ I can double my money :up: Who do you work for Princess, just curious????

Well, I guess when Frontier's stock drops to a dollar after January you'll be raking in the dough. Frontier doesn't have chance against Southwest. Frontier's only chance to survive will be a merger with another LCC. Jetblue or maybe Airtran. It's not that Frontier is a bad airline. They just don't have the brand name or route stucture that Southwest has. You have to remember most people who don't live in Denver have never heard of Frontier. United's biggest problem is that Denver is one of their major hubs and now they have two LCC's to contend with there just when United may come out of bankruptcy in Febuary. The fare war that is fixing to erupt in Denver could really put the hurt on United.

SWA is going to offer 12 to 15 flights to start, most likely. F9 has how many a day in Denver, 100? To start, SWA will not have that tremendous an effect on F9. Now if SWA does grow to get 5 or 6 gates, that is another story. F9 will keep expanding and has a couple of more gates on the way as well as some more international flying. The int'l flying will help them diversify and keep them from overlapping to much of their route structure with SWA. Just my thoughts..............

You have to remember most people who don't live in Denver have never heard of Frontier.

You tickle me. Frontier may be a more regional airline but I do think that people have heard of all of the airlines that fly in this country. At one time Southwest was a very regional airline that managed to expand itself across this nation.

Don't think that people are that dumb.

BTW.........dont' you work for AA?

Princess you Putzzzzzzzzzz! Read our finacials A&*%e, "Frontier becomes profitable again". This profitability was and will continue to be expected now that our transition to an all Airbus fleet comes to an end. We had to take an awful lot of charges on getting rid of our 737's and we are down to our final aircraft that will go back to the leasing company next week. Frontier has been going head to head with UniTED, TED, AA, Delta, NWA, ATA, not to mention all the commuters here and we are still surviving there Princess. No doom and gloom here :up:. You never answered my question, were do work? Isn't it NWA, or USAIR? Now if I were you I'd be the one that is worried :shock: ! We are all loving it here at Frontier DENVERS HOMETOWN AIRLINE, today, tomorrow, and many years to come. No matter how big SWA gets here, which no one here expects to be to big. We'll always be the hometown airline in!!! I think they are really just filling in for ATA (code share) because they quit flying in here months ago.

We are all loving it here at Frontier DENVERS HOMETOWN AIRLINE, today, tomorrow, and many years to come. No matter how big SWA gets here, which no one here expects to be to big. We'll always be the hometown airline in!!!

Fish, uh, I mean Mister Fish:

I think your carrier has done a good job preparing for the arrival of competitors. And just for debate, I think it will make interesting dynamics when WN's DEN passengers (currently connecting through MDW) become the feed for your Alaska, Mexico, and smaller-city flights. Maybe it isn't so much WN coming in to compete with UA and F9 as much as the possibility of WN/F9 ganging up on Theodore (TED)?

I've taken Frontier between SMF and DEN several times. I generally like the service though the inflight entertainment was less than admirable. It hasn't been working half the time. Thus, I wonder if it's better to promise IFE and have it not work or to simply promise nothing -- and deliver 100%! I also think the new video iPod may mark the beginning of the end for expensive carrier-provided IFE systems. For the price, it doesn't take too long for the ultra-portable and multi-functioning iPod to be more economical than buying IFE movies/TV.

corl737,

Yes the LIVE TV is a product that I wish OUR maintenance department had more contro over. It is under contract with LIVE TV for maintenance and reliability. And for those of you who don't know LIVE TV is souly owned by Jet Blue, so that is why it is free on their flights. I think that if our OUTSTANDING maintenance personel were taking care of LIVE TV in house the dependability would be much better. I never us it myself, I carry a PC that I use for my IFE. But when I see people who have paid for the service and they are not getting what they pay for I tell them to ask for they're money back.

Thanks for your support corl737, we aren't perfect just like all the other carriers SWA incuded. But we do try hard to make anyones travel as hassle free and fun as we can.

Princess says "They just don't have the brand name or route stucture that Southwest has." What do you mean no brand name? Obviously you don't know anything about the past or the future of Frontier Air Lines. Perhaps you were to young to remember that once upon a time Frontier used to be the USAIR of the west! I don't know where you live, but all the folks in the 46 U.S. cities & the 7 MEX destinations were we fly to have seen the great Frontier commercials. NO BRANDING ARE KIDDING ME! SWA was unkown to most 20 yrs ago as Frontier is to markets that we don't service YET! It takes time to build a brand name and show people that you can give them quality service for a reasonable fair. SWA took 30+ years to get were they are with the cheap seat and cattle car service. SWA is just any other airline like all the rest, they aren't anyone REALLY SPECIAL! Haven't you EVER watched the show AIRLINE before????

TRVLR64,

Not trying to start an argument here, but we ARE NOT just a regional carrier. Frontier was given flagship status from the DOT with flying rights not only to 46 cities in the lower 48. But we also serve 7 destinations in Mexico, flights to Alaska, and have been given permision for flights to Hawaii. I don't know if and when we'll do that from DEN, but we might in the future you never know.

Frontier will die in two-three years if it doesn't merge with another LCC to expand it's system network. Southwest is like the Bird flu. By the time Frontier figures out that Denver is infected, it will be too late! That's a fact Jack!

I've been in the airline industry for years and I just saw my first Frontier plane 2 weeks ago. BIG Fonts! So no, everyone hasn't seen the commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts