Southwest makes it official

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines/Airtran Airways' started by jimntx, Nov 9, 2019.

1. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

Southwest has announced that they have grounded the 737MAX until March 6,2020 making WN the first to ground the a/c for 1 full year. (AA followed suit. United did not.) Move was to assure that no flights have to be cancelled between now and then because FAA has not yet certified the a/c type.

https://simpleflying.com/southwest-737-max-1-year-grounded/

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. swamt

swamt Veteran

I just posted that in the Max cancellations thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

I posted it first! LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. swamt

swamt Veteran

LOL. That was funny.
    I was kinda making a point that we already had a thread started on the cancellations.
    Guess I gotta quit sleeping in so late.

5. swamt

swamt Veteran

Great. Just what we need right now. I actually disagree with using "contractors" to be going through foreign paperwork for the airworthiness of our a/c. This should be done by veteran staff that really knows what they are looking at and for.
    Another question is where were these repairs performed? This is the biggest reasons why the mechanics are so against foreign outsourcing. Now SWA has to jump through hoops to verify, approve and or repair 38 more a/c.
    I can't believe that someone dropped the ball on these. Wonder how many will have to get re-repaired???