Southwest says 5-6 months to get all MAX aircraft on line

With the 34 we already have, the 7 now determined to be delivered by end of 2019, and the 72 expected next year will all be well over 100 aircraft delivered in one year. SWA will be very busy next year getting these aircraft online and flying again. We will see numerous added flights and cities next year. Combined with all that,we will be finally retiring some 700's. All this is all based on Boeing getting release approval so we will see.

Do you think 5-6- months is too ambitious for ALL 737/MAX's to get airborne? The article mentioned additional training for cockpit crews and technical staff.
For all 100 plus? Yes, I do. But, if SWA is only referring to the grounded current ownership of the Max 8's then no, should not be a problem at all even with the added 7. If they are referring to all 100 plus then it will be balls to the wall O/T and we will do the best we can with what we got and probably will even make it happen, but mechanics will be working their arses off to get it done. Just hope they will all get the pat on the backs for a job well done. They usually do though so, we will see.

I remember Real AA taking delivery of a new plane every two or three days on a sustained basis. That included the time to do acceptance checks, but also the time needed to run pilots thru the schoolhouse.

If there's no supplemental rating for the Max, then it looks doable within 5-6 months. If there's additional training, that becomes the bottleneck more than what the mechanics need to be doing.

I was referring to the required maint. to the a/c that has been sitting idle for almost a year, not just taking the deliveries, a combo of both. We'll get thru it, we always do.
We are still hiring new mechanics currently so that will help with the increases in overnighters to get ready for flight when the time comes. The hiring will continue into 2020.