Southwest suspends 737 MAX flights until August!

That's a bit interesting. UAL has signed an agreement to receive these 19 700's from GECAS, which they are receiving from us (SWA) for lease returns. Maybe within the agreement the time frame is put off for a set time frame, who knows???
I would think it would be a little hard to ask Boeing for Compensation, and keep shrinking your fleet, by your own choice. Just My two cents. On my way to do a double at work. Got my second bonus, it was a little more than I thought, didn't hit me as bad in taxes. Have a great weekend, Swampy! :)

Reactions: swamt
And Airbus with their A321 models keep chugging away. Boeing is stuck on a 1960's restoration upgrade while Airbus took it to the next level a few years ago.

Boeing has nothing to offer in the narrowbody market.
Yeah the morons refused to update the 757, you could have done the Leap engines, and 787 avionics, and No MCAS to make it not stall. The 717-was more advanced then the 737 Max, sad! :)

I would think it would be a little hard to ask Boeing for Compensation, and keep shrinking your fleet, by your own choice. Just My two cents. On my way to do a double at work. Got my second bonus, it was a little more than I thought, didn't hit me as bad in taxes. Have a great weekend, Swampy! :)
Great! Glad to hear you got your retro. Haven't checked for mine as of yet but will do some time today. Did you check on your new hourly rate?

I have asked the moderators to move the shooting posts from this thread to a new thread in the Water Cooler. They really don't have any reason to be in this thread. Let's try to stay on topic. (I'm one of the guilty who posted before paying attention to the thread topic.)

That's fine jim. NP when someone just casually mentions some news that happened during the night or day doesn't bother me any. I never go to water cooler. Too much other BS in there.

Southwest will not re-brand the 737MAX fleet when it is approved to fly. (i.e., instead of 737MAX-7 becoming 737-no-this-is-not-the-one-that-crashes, it will remain 737MAX. Southwest knows its customers better than we. They (WN) evidently don't foresee PR problems.

https://simpleflying.com/southwest-no-737-max-rebrand/

Jim. Just wait until some new 737-7 max, hits severe turbulence, with a full load, and that sucker Drops like a ROCK (like we've all experienced), and someone captures it on film, with pax's bouncing off the ceiling, then we'll see !

Hopefully, as these articles indicate below, we will get back to flying high again with the stock. My numbers are just now getting back the way they were before the Max's were grounded. But with only about 10K above where it was I hope to see some bigger increases as we go forth with the Max's being released and flying again next year. Also will need to pump up Hawaii some more, and replace the 800's doing the Max's flights for now.
I believe 2-3 airlines have cancelled the Max orders they had, hopefully we picked them all up. It will be interesting seeing the big increases of our Max fleet going into 2020...

Southwest Airlines Climbs on Macquarie Upgrade to Outperform

When 737 MAX Flies Again, So Will LUV

Well,well, well, maybe Southwest will entertain scooping up another airline. ALK would be great, still not sure if that would get blessed. JB seems would be easier as far as getting blessed AND JB is still looking for a merger partner since they were the last left out of the last round of M&A's. There some other airlines out there to look at besides ALK and JB. I would think they would be more partial to another airline with a better match of aircraft and a route system that would make great sence. Let the rumors continue...

Southwest buying another airline? Carrier downgraded on M&A speculation