Southwest suspends 737 MAX flights until August!

Yep, I can totally see a work action after SWAPA's lawsuit gets no response from Boeing and thrown out of court for lack of standing.

Seriously, there will be a lot of posturing and saber rattling if there's something to be gained by organized labor at Boeing's expense here. But there's not.

Don't want to fly the Max? Bid away from it or find another job that doesn't require flying.

Pilots agree about looking other manufacturers as noted before. Just wondering if the merger rumors for an AB airline will pick up more. SWA looking into, purchasing, and bringing new AB orders into the fleet, I believe would take too long, possibly years. If they really want them quickly and in a hurry a merger would make sense. The big question is which airline???

Southwest pilots union agrees the airline should explore 'non-Boeing aircraft'

Pilots agree about looking other manufacturers as noted before. Just wondering if the merger rumors for an AB airline will pick up more. SWA looking into, purchasing, and bringing new AB orders into the fleet, I believe would take too long, possibly years. If they really want them quickly and in a hurry a merger would make sense. The big question is which airline???

Southwest pilots union agrees the airline should explore 'non-Boeing aircraft'
As far as pax goes, for the right price it will attract pax. People tend to forget aviation tragedies over time. Pretty soon a 737 will be just another Boeing twin engine commercial jet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_the_Boeing_737

Reactions: swamt
So the Max 10 gets a quiet roll out. I say SWA should get some Max 10's. Heck with what 50 plus more seats, SWA could add slightly to the pitch and maybe go with a 220 seat config instead of 230. This could be a great addition to the new bus fares SWA is working on for the bus travelers and maybe Hawaii??? Just toosed that out there not even knowing for sure if the Max 10 would have the range or not.

Business GeekWire
With grounding still in force, Boeing gives 737 MAX 10 jet a low-key rollout in Renton

Hope you guys don't make the same mistake that AA made with the 737. AA originally configured the 737 with 152 seats which meant filling those extra 2 seats didn't even pay for the additional flight attendant required.:eek::D (AA corrected their mistake by configuring 160 seats on the plane.Yes, there was little leg room. What's your point?:rolleyes:)

My point was to better cater to the bus travelers as they fly all the time, not just 1-3 times per year. Since the new M10 will hold up to 230 seats I was suggesting SWA enlarge the seat pitches for a certain amount to help cater to the Bus travelers or anyone else who would want to pay a small fee for the larger pitch seats. I mean what is the average seat pitch? 30, 31, 32"? Probably closer to the 30 if that, but 31" seems to ring a bell in my head. Maybe adjust some rows to 33-34" just not all of them. And maybe even throw in some wider seats as well with only a couple across instead of the triple rows for say 6-10 rows. Bus travelers are very picky about comfort and no doubt they should be as most live on planes between living in hotels and meeting rooms. We'll see what SWA's new bus model looks like when they roll it out in 2020.

Back on the topic of MAX groundings...Did anyone else hear the announcement on tv that the FAA administrator said that the MAXes would not be released from grounding until after the first of the year?

Back on the topic of MAX groundings...Did anyone else hear the announcement on tv that the FAA administrator said that the MAXes would not be released from grounding until after the first of the year?
I did.
My post above was about the Max groundings as it was a partial settlement for 2019 over the groundings. Not sure if there will be further settlements into 2020 or not.

OK, I need the EXPERTS responding here.

Question. IF the MAX Never fly's again, what does WN due ?
Yes eventually they'll be compensated, BUT where do they get 737 A/C ? What happens to possible Canadian flying ? I would imagine that with Hawaii flying, that WN has already been stealing an aircraft here and there, ultimately reducing service at different points on the network.