Southwest takes top spot!

Ok, Swamt. You were congratulating Alaska Airlines the other day. Here's one for you.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...gs-traditional-carriers-close-budget-airlines

Yes. And Thanks.
We tied with JB and AA is quickly gaining as well. Are we losing our edge? I hope not, I think it has to do with bad weather this year, the mechanics spat over a contract, and of course the Max groundings. But, I also think it has a lot to do with us being so big now too. When I hired on we had 200 a/c now we have over 750 and soon will be 800 (after Max fix).
Maybe we can gain a bit back next year after everything is ironed out.

Yes. And Thanks.
We tied with JB and AA is quickly gaining as well. Are we losing our edge? I hope not, I think it has to do with bad weather this year, the mechanics spat over a contract, and of course the Max groundings. But, I also think it has a lot to do with us being so big now too. When I hired on we had 200 a/c now we have over 750 and soon will be 800 (after Max fix).
Maybe we can gain a bit back next year after everything is ironed out.
When I started we had 175 aircraft, Swampy. Our maintenance tracking system is going to totally change Wizard will be going away. Maintenex will be taking over the 700s. Guys beter be used to using their ipads. Have a great weekend.

When I started we had 175 aircraft, Swampy. Our maintenance tracking system is going to totally change Wizard will be going away. Maintenex will be taking over the 700s. Guys beter be used to using their ipads. Have a great weekend.
Funny you mention the pads. The other day I received an email claiming I have not been connected for the 2019 year. This was false, I have been connected so don't know where that email derived from.
Training in Dallas has already started for the new system. Were scheduled but forget the dates we are going. Everything (they say) will be done on the I-pads with the new Maintenix system coming. Some guys will not be happy about it, but most are of the old school type that just don't like the change or are so non computer literate it will just drive them crazy.
Driver, I can only hope I am retired before we hit the big 1000 a/c, but if SWA revamps and speeds up the new a/c arrivals like we are hearing tidbits about, I may very well still be here to see the 1000 reached. Maybe one more contract, as long as Kinder can get us an extension next time as he indicated, not going through this crap again I can assure you. Would like to see a 3-5 year extension next time, but Kurt mentioned maybe a 2-3 year extension next time around. Maybe we could all hint to him of a possible EO package next time around, not attached to the vote, of course, but as an added bonus for the fellas wanting to leave within a couple years of that extension. Just some thoughts...