Southwest wins bid, 27 more flights DCA

as expected, a good haul for WN.
With B6's 12 flights and WN's 27, about 75% of the slot sales are now accounted for.

just for perspective, AA had a little over 50 slots and WN will have 44 but by using all mainline equipment, WN's share will very likely exceed the about 12% of seats from DCA that both AA and DL had after the slot swap.

B6 will have 30 flights/day from DCA.

combined, B6 and WN alone will bring more than 5000 new seats per day to DCA flown by low fare carriers.

Reactions: 5 people
WorldTraveler said:
B6 will have 30 flights/day from DCA.

combined, B6 and WN alone will bring more than 5000 new seats per day to DCA flown by low fare carriers.

It'll be interesting to see what destinations will get the new WN + B6 service from DCA

my guess..   when the wright ends   wn will probably add hou dca flights,  
itll be interesting to see what other cities are added 

just 4 or 5 slot pairs are left now according to an article on either usatoday or anthr source  i forget which one

robbedagain said:
my guess..   when the wright ends   wn will probably add hou dca flights,  
itll be interesting to see what other cities are added 

just 4 or 5 slot pairs are left now according to an article on either usatoday or anthr source  i forget which one
I think you mean DAL getting DCA flights.

Robbed, I too read that article about the 5 other slots still out there.  It said something about carrier not announced yet.  Still wondering who it might be. it also said that Virgin was wanting some slots, so maybe it is them, dunno...

we are still close to 50 new flights/day from DCA operated by LFCs which will add as much as 7500 seats/day. That is about half of the capacity that US operates today.

The dynamics of DCA will absolutely change. If the DOJ wants to look out their windows and see 1/3 or more of the seats at DCA operated by low fare carriers, they will be happy.

It is also worth noting that neither AA nor US have anywhere close to as much of a low fare presence in any hub as they will have at DCA.

History can be the judge but it very much appears that the price for AA/US to get approval for their merger was to give up DCA as their highest margin hub.

Reactions: 2 people
So where is the lawsuit you said Delta will file since they didn't ge any slots?

Oh wait, you are not a Delta employee, nor are you privy to the confidential dealings they have, yet you threaten Kevin about performance data.

Maybe you aren't aware of Delta's policies of not posting private info, oh wait, you are just lying again.

Reactions: 3 people
Where did I say that DL was going to file a lawsuit?

Careful so we don't have to have an English lesson about verb tenses.

would you like to tell us how long it will be before AA walks away from DCA as a hub in the face of the onslaught of new low fare carrier seats from DCA?

Reactions: 2 people