Special Announcement!

Kyle

Senior
Aug 18, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Well, after the lights came back on early this morning I was finally able to put the final touches into the new forums. We are alive and well. Lots of features, please explore. I will write more soon describing some of the features.

Enjoy!

Good work Kyle.

This is not a critic is just calling your attention to a few things that, as you said, need some fine tuning

- The older smilies are not there, just a link that leads nowhere.
- In most messages a lot of blank space in between lines that did not exist previously.
- In the main Forum page, the name of the last member to post in some messages does not match the last post.

All the best
RP

Yes, the old smilies are gone. They are in an old location and will not be referenced. I am lookinginto building a script that will delete all of the old references to them.

With the blank space, this is most likely from the conversion. Any new posts should be fine.

I am seeing the Last Post correctly. Are you using your back button? If so, then the page would not be refreshing to show your most recent post.

Let me knwo and thanks for the comments.

Awesome Kyle, excellent looking site.

FWIW - I also see the last post and the last post differently.

Question: What is the 'Warn Level'?

The problem that you are seeing with the last topic is most likely because there has not been a new post in that forum since the migration to the new system.

For the "Warn" level, it is a method that allows the moderators to monitor members and allows them to report on them. You only see your own warn level, no one else's, likewise, no one can see yours.

Forum looks good Kyle. :up:

Especially like the Next oldest/next newest buttons. (missed them from that "other" board).

See the interest is also picking up. End of summer must be coming.

you going to try a chat site or not?

Greetings Kyle!
Nice web site. I've been "lurking" for some time now, and have been a regular visitor - but this is my first post!

Since the upgrade, I have had a minor, but irritating occurence when accessing the fourms. I have bookmarked "www.caaviation.com", and after reading the most recent news, click on the "Forums" link found on the left margin. I am then taken to a page that says:

"Our new forums are open.
Click HERE to view them.
Please Update your bookmarks!"

After clicking on the link, I am taken to the forum area. I can't figure out what bookmark I need to update!! Since I always access the forums through the 'front page', and it's the website's link that takes me to the forum, shouldn't it be your link that gets updated?
:wacko:

Thanks for looking into this for me!
The Real Batman
:up: