"SPECIAL." Especially for RE-PLUGS and FOX NEWS Fans!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NewHampshire Black Bears, Jul 19, 2020.

1. KCFlyer

KCFlyer Veteran

They did. Today they are called "Republican".

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. NewHampshire Black Bears

LOOOO - UIE Gohmert.

It's a close-call-toss-up, as to who is the DUMBEST SOB, in TEX - ASSS. LOOOOO-UIE, or Greg Abbot !!!

3. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

If we want that bar to stay open...

If we want to go to football games again...

If we want our kids back in school...

If we want to stop the needless dying of fellow Americans...

Then we have to collectively agree on short term sacrifice. We have to agree that this is common ground worth coming together over. We have to collectively agree to wear masks. We have to agree to limit gatherings for now. And yes, we have to agree to support that bar/shop/whatever (AND their employees) until we get to the other side.

4. delldude

delldude Veteran

That is what caused the recent spike here and globally. Cooped up for four months then throw caution to the wind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

*Stay open in the general sense (as in not close forever).

6. NewHampshire Black Bears

I Concur, my OLD Grouchy FRIEND !! :mad: :mad:

7. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

I might be more comfortable with a forced shut down provided the local community offered financial relief (to be approved by tax payers) to those small businesses affected.

However that is NOT what we are seeing. We are ONLY seeing government support for large corporations.

I mean you have to laugh at the absurdity of the government financing payroll for airline employees the airline says it does not need but letting small businesses that provided services to he community fall one after the other. Seems like a misalignment of resources to me.

8. NewHampshire Black Bears

Right Again, La' !!

9. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

The CARES Act should've been much more focused on people, rather than companies. For businesses, aid should've gone on an inverse sliding scale (smaller businesses helped first, and need based). I had some hope that this next version would be different, but seeing the GOP quibble over the $600/week piece to UI tells me it'll be more of the same.

10. NewHampshire Black Bears

WELL fellow 'cooler' folks, the unquestionable results are in, as to WHO is the Dumbest S O B in Tex-asss, between LOOOOOO - IE Gohmert or Greg Abbott.

It's LOOOOO - IE, "I got COVID", Gohmert !!!

11. Insp4

Insp4 Veteran

Bears!...... Get your finger out of your nose! [​IMG]

12. lineguy43

lineguy43 Veteran

Wow glad you made it out ok...I am high risk so I take it seriously. Do you mind me asking your age and if you had any pre exisiting conditions? Trying to gauge if this is survivable to people like me 56 years old with diabetes asthma and heart disease and overweight

13. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

#43 La Li Lu Le Lo, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    I am mid 40's and besides being overweight (which I am currently working on a weight loss program) I have no preexisting conditions.

2 issues I see with the information you gave are

#1 Asthma: COVID attacks the lungs. If you have asthma I could see that putting you at extreme risk.

#2 Heard Disease: I was and still am suffering from Tachycardia (Tachycardia is the medical term for a heart rate over 100 beats per minute) since I got sick. If you already have heart disease I can see this putting stress on your heart. This is a common symptom of COVID patients.

That being said lineguy43 my wife showed no more than very light cold symptoms. In fact COVID hit her no worse than having light summer allergies. You just don't know and some people show no symptoms at all, that is what makes COVID so dangerous.

You being high risk I want to repeat some info for your benefit. If you are not wearing a mask that is properly rated you are wasting your time. In fact while in the COVID ward they told me to just throw my mask in the trash and not even bother wearing one because it was ineffective anyway.

Now one should not take that to mean that masks in general are not effective in preventing the spread of COVID but here is the difference. Other masks prevent the wearer from SPREADING the disease but an N95 protects you from CATCHING the disease from others. That is the difference.

With you being high risk I HIGHLY recommend you not wear anything but an N95 rated mask. In fact with you being high risk you may even consider wearing a face shield on top of that. This serves 2 purposes, it provides yet another layer or protection, and secondly it keeps you from touching your face.

Please note lineguy43 this precaution from the FDA regarding N95 masks.

People with chronic respiratory, cardiac, or other medical conditions that make breathing difficult should check with their health care provider before using an N95 respirator because the N95 respirator can make it more difficult for the wearer to breathe.

Just be careful OK?

14. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

N95 Respirators, Surgical Masks, and Face Masks

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...n95-respirators-surgical-masks-and-face-masks

General N95 Respirator Precautions
    • People with chronic respiratory, cardiac, or other medical conditions that make breathing difficult should check with their health care provider before using an N95 respirator because the N95 respirator can make it more difficult for the wearer to breathe.
    • Some models have exhalation valves that can make breathing out easier and help reduce heat build-up. Note that N95 respirators with exhalation valves should not be used when sterile conditions are needed.
    • All FDA-cleared N95 respirators are labeled as "single-use," disposable devices. If your respirator is damaged or soiled, or if breathing becomes difficult, you should remove the respirator, discard it properly, and replace it with a new one. To safely discard your N95 respirator, place it in a plastic bag and put it in the trash. Wash your hands after handling the used respirator.
    • N95 respirators are not designed for children or people with facial hair. Because a proper fit cannot be achieved on children and people with facial hair, the N95 respirator may not provide full protection.

15. lineguy43

lineguy43 Veteran

Thanks for getting back to me....Believe me I am being about as cautious as you can get I have been on a ventilator I have no plans on ever going back on one.