Stay Safe and Stay Healthy Out There

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
To all my friends at AA and anyone in this industry,

Just a note to wish you all good health and that you may stay safe and stay well during this unprecedented crisis.

My daughter works for NYC Emergency Management, and is relatively high up on the food chain there....she is working 16 hour days in less than ideal conditions.

Please take all necessary precautions and stay safe everyone!!!

To you and your family, the very best. My oldest niece is on staff at Princeton. It feels like she is in the middle of things these days. She worked in the medical field for over 12 years; so, I know she knows what to do and will do it. Doesn't stop me from worrying. You know, worry works. About 95% of what I worry about never happens.

Is the Tulsa maint. base still open?
They shut us down, closed, until April 17th. Been closed for a couple weeks now and will open in one more week.
Sad news to hear.
Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Sad ... and sadder still...probably not the last..

The company has not been providing the tools necessary to get us through this mess.

Basic ppe, gloves, masks, cleaner.. hard if not impossible to find.. How about sanitize airplanes after trips? Doubtful...

Protect yourselves people.. your life matters more then this job...

Reactions: robbedagain
Is the Tulsa maint. base still open?
They shut us down, closed, until April 17th. Been closed for a couple weeks now and will open in one more week.
Sad news to hear.
Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Yes it is open, anyone wanting to self quarantine are allowed to use vacation, sick leave or timecard leave to do so.
Are SW people being paid for the shutdown?

Yes it is open, anyone wanting to self quarantine are allowed to use vacation, sick leave or timecard leave to do so.
Are SW people being paid for the shutdown?
Yes full pay.
Reason being due to the covid-19 test being positive to some guys, and they were in contact with too many others so they just shut down all hangars and shops within the hangars until, I think April 17th.

Reactions: 2ndGENAMT
Yes full pay.
Reason being due to the covid-19 test being positive to some guys, and they were in contact with too many others so they just shut down all hangars and shops within the hangars until, I think April 17th.
SWA sounds like a great place to work. At AA if your a mechanic at the base you have to use your own accumulated sk, vc, or just take off without pay. We have non union folks getting time off with pay and not using any vc, sk. Discrimination suit I’m thinking.

Swamt. Hope you all stay safe n healthy bro n that goes for everyone no matter
Thx robbed, and you do the same. Stay healthy and stay safe, first and foremost.

SWA sounds like a great place to work. At AA if your a mechanic at the base you have to use your own accumulated sk, vc, or just take off without pay. We have non union folks getting time off with pay and not using any vc, sk. Discrimination suit I’m thinking.
I understand what you are saying, but there are parameters that AA will have to follow due to the fact they are taking the financial aid, help, bail out. You may be correct.
If anyone has a fever of 99.6 or higher is sent home with pay, until better. Anyone sent home after being in close contact by some that has been diagnosed a positive with the Covid-19 are also sent home with full pay until tested and cleared to come back (usually after the full 14 days)
If any employer taking the aid decides to pull their own discrimination of who do or do not want to pay they will get extreme harsh results from the gov. if they are found to be doing anything other than the parameters outlined by the gov. for them to receive and "accept" the financial aid packages. If violated they could be forced to pay it all back instead of being grants, AND endure very heavily weighted fines and fees as well.
You might ask your co. some questions and see just how quickly they might backpedal a bit once they know you've been following the CDC and the osha workforce detailed outlines and recommendations on this Covid-19 procedures and policies.

From swamt: "Yes full pay.
Reason being due to the covid-19 test being positive to some guys, and they were in contact with too many others so they just shut down all hangars and shops within the hangars until, I think April 17th."

I believe you will see this kind of policy at other airlines as well, but, not here at AA. You have to use your own time if you want to be paid. Bunch of freakin arsehats.

But, look at the upside, maybe you can get into an admirals club for your free mask!!!