Steenland pushing for DAL merger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Steenland didn't like the idea of losing his golden parachute. It will be a hell of an uphill battle to pull this off without the support of labor.

I guess Steenland didn't like the idea of losing his golden parachute. It will be a hell of an uphill battle to pull this off without the support of labor.

Oh..it's not just Stealin, it's that X Hedge Fund flunky Bostock (NWA Chairman). I think he has realized that running an airline the likes of NWA is no walk in the park and he wants OUT!

If they push this through...it will be WW III even BEFORE there is a merger. All the DIRTY laundry of NWA management over the past 5 years will be hung out to dry in full public view!

I prefer this link vs. the one above...it has less to do with the mythical pay raise that is coming from Delta (when it is REALLY our money that would be paying for it).

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/nort...mp;siteid=yhoof

Certainly, DL can NOT be blamed for this "chapter"

RED TAILS, ..........forgive me for saying ...What you already know.

# 1,

You know you CANNOT count on the "GD" pilots,.....BUT,...with that said, ....you F/A's/ESE's/Agents/Res. and whatever AMT's are left, NEED to align with Oberstar, Pawlenty, and the IAM and F/A's union, and TELL that RAT A$$ED faced BASTARD, that you all will ..."WALK" , and MEAN IT !!!!

A nice coordinated SICK(day) OUT, for starters.
Those miserable pricks in EAGAN, need to know..."BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT" that "their" endeavor, will COST them DEARLY !!

You know, Anderson does'nt want MSP !!

I watched AA dismantle "3" hubs, right before my very EYES(RDU/BNA/SJC), while all the while, making hollow promises to all 3 cities !!!!

You guys MUST...hit them HARD/FAST and meaningfull, before "80" years of true global service "goes out the Window", and perhaps with ..."NO"..."ZERO"...."NADA", union representation to boot !

You know you CANNOT count on the "GD" pilots,.....BUT,...with that said, ....you F/A's/ESE's/Agents/Res. and whatever AMT's are left, NEED to align with Oberstar, Pawlenty, and the IAM and F/A's union, and TELL that RAT A$$ED faced BASTARD, that you all will ..."WALK" , and MEAN IT !!!!

ROFLMAO...walk? Yeah, the only walking the IAM knows how to do is across another unions picket line. Sadly what we learned in 1998/1999, 2001/2002, and again for the final time in 2005 is that the vast amjority of the IAM members were born without balls. Sadly I'll even lay the blame mostly at the feet of the COPFS book, most of them only know how to reach for their ankles and ask if Vasoline can be used to ease the pain, pretty please.

Sorry, but this work already proved several times that they'll just whine, ####, moan, complain, and still take it.

ROFLMAO...walk? Yeah, the only walking the IAM knows how to do is across another unions picket line. Sadly what we learned in 1998/1999, 2001/2002, and again for the final time in 2005 is that the vast amjority of the IAM members were born without balls. Sadly I'll even lay the blame mostly at the feet of the COPFS book, most of them only know how to reach for their ankles and ask if Vasoline can be used to ease the pain, pretty please.

Sorry, but this work already proved several times that they'll just whine, ####, moan, complain, and still take it.

The union employees will have no say in this merger. They all gave up that right on 8/20/05 by showing up for work.

They will take whatever is left and like it.

They have proven that they will roll over on command. :shock:

Oh..it's not just Stealin, it's that X Hedge Fund flunky Bostock (NWA Chairman). I think he has realized that running an airline the likes of NWA is no walk in the park and he wants OUT!

If they push this through...it will be WW III even BEFORE there is a merger. All the DIRTY laundry of NWA management over the past 5 years will be hung out to dry in full public view!

I prefer this link vs. the one above...it has less to do with the mythical pay raise that is coming from Delta (when it is REALLY our money that would be paying for it).

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/nort...mp;siteid=yhoof

NxNW, you know I appreciate you and look forward to your posts. But I have to speak up. I've grown tired of you saying "it is really our money that would be paying" for pilot raises. WE at Delta also got hosed. WE at DL have also taken pay cuts, had our insurance premiums raised and the like. You guys are not the only ones. I have several FA friends at NW and just from a pay perspective, the cuts were almost identical. (Note to anti union lurkers: I said PAY rate, not duty rigs or other factors.) Just had to get that off my chest.

NxNW, you know I appreciate you and look forward to your posts. But I have to speak up. I've grown tired of you saying "it is really our money that would be paying" for pilot raises. WE at Delta also got hosed. WE at DL have also taken pay cuts, had our insurance premiums raised and the like. You guys are not the only ones. I have several FA friends at NW and just from a pay perspective, the cuts were almost identical. (Note to anti union lurkers: I said PAY rate, not duty rigs or other factors.) Just had to get that off my chest.

You are absolutely correct Luke in that they ARE identical...except our pilots got hosed a lot more, and we have a lot less debt to pay off. So, my point is, that extra money would be coming back to all of us@NW vs. pilot raises and paying debt for the "new" company or going to parachutes for the thieves at the top hoping to cash out.

I do not say this to take away from the VERY REAL pay slash and burn Delta employees went through. All of this was coordinated. Roy Bostock,NWA Chairman since 2005, has NEVER worked at a company he didn't like seeing sold. He is the one behind this working in favor of his Hedge fund pals. He will learn, the airline biz is NOT the advertising biz.

Instead of arguing the "dead horse" topic of who got hurt most in BK, why not start thinking along the lines of either
A. What can we do to make sure this merger does not go through?
or
B. What can we do to make sure this merger is as advantageous to us as possible and actually works; so that 2-3 years from now we don't have 2 airlines flying under one name, a la LCC?

Seems to me those are your two viable topics. (Of course, since I don't have a dog in this hunt, I can be objective and dispassionate. :lol: )

Instead of arguing the "dead horse" topic of who got hurt most in BK, why not start thinking along the lines of either
A. What can we do to make sure this merger does not go through?
or
B. What can we do to make sure this merger is as advantageous to us as possible and actually works; so that 2-3 years from now we don't have 2 airlines flying under one name, a la LCC?

Seems to me those are your two viable topics. (Of course, since I don't have a dog in this hunt, I can be objective and dispassionate. :lol: )

And your subjectivity is spot on!

(I forgot how Delta retirees had their legs chopped off at the knees)

The union employees will have no say in this merger. They all gave up that right on 8/20/05 by showing up for work.

They will take whatever is left and like it.

They have proven that they will roll over on command. :shock:
The AMFA asked for no help. They said that their skill would see them through. Many of the "unskilled", as the AMFA called us, were ready and willing to help. Go it alone you said.

Mr. Bostock...take a cue. IF...you think this is the dainty crowd of the Advertising world, ask Dasburger, and Stealin:

This is from a former NW manager:

"I worked for NW during the bankruptcy and he (steenland) wouldn't even venture down to the cafeteria a few weeks after the bankruptcy because people kept heckling and asking him questions he didn't want to answer. At NW in the exec office, you have your own bat-elevator to take you to the exec bat-cave parking garage so he can come to work all day and never even step outside his exec office."

This man is so despised people spat on the ground he walks on...BEFORE he steps. Good luck to his family. I hope they "enjoy" their blood sucking filthy scum money, earned by their "honorable" leader. He often travels via private Jet vs. NWA. He has body guards... LOL

Bostock will learn... apparently the hard way. This is a rough crowd, with a VERY long memory. (Lorenzo's family uses fake names, moves CONSTANTLY) Nice life.

FYI...the most VIOLENT, DEADLY labor clash in American history occurred in Minneapolis. http://libcom.org/history/1934-minneapolis-teamsters-strike

Americans had backbones then...they stood for what they believed in, just like SOME of the ... Founding Fathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.