Stick a fork in me, I'm done

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Just FYI (for those who care), I am retiring from American Airlines effective 11/30/17. The walking and balance issues related to the ruptured disc in my neck have not improved. In fact, they seem to be going backwards at times. The neurologist says that scar tissue has formed on the spinal cord itself, and there is no treatment for this except surgery which would simply create additional scar tissue.

As this problem makes me a safety issue on the airplane (I can not run or even walk particularly fast), I've decided to call it a day. Truth to tell, I've enjoyed every minute of it, but it is time to stop. I've met some great fellow employees, and I've received a lot of recognition from passengers with the Above and Beyond certificates.

Best of luck to all of you, FLY SAFE!

Jim

Just FYI (for those who care), I am retiring from American Airlines effective 11/30/17. The walking and balance issues related to the ruptured disc in my neck have not improved. In fact, they seem to be going backwards at times. The neurologist says that scar tissue has formed on the spinal cord itself, and there is no treatment for this except surgery which would simply create additional scar tissue.

As this problem makes me a safety issue on the airplane (I can not run or even walk particularly fast), I've decided to call it a day. Truth to tell, I've enjoyed every minute of it, but it is time to stop. I've met some great fellow employees, and I've received a lot of recognition from passengers with the Above and Beyond certificates.

Jim
Good luck to you hope your health improves and have a wonderful retirement

Reactions: Rogallo
Hey Conehead, who gave you a disagree for wishing someone else good health and a wonderful retirement.

Put it out here so we all know who the schmuck is.

LOL... I was asking myself the same question! Inquiring minds want to know!
Yes Jim, good luck on your retirement and future health too! (Now some miscreant can flame away.)

Great fortunes and health in your new Retirement adventures. Make the best you can out of them and long life.

A very sincere thank you for your years of service. I know you've considered this for a while, and am a little surprised you stuck it out this long all things considered.

We may not agree on much, but I've always enjoyed your presence here. Hope you plan to stick around here at least.

Jim
Don't do it, you will now become the dreaded D2R...just kidding Jim, enjoy your retirement, sir.

Jim
Don't know you, but best of luck in your retirement, hope all is well, prayers for your health, we mechanics need to look out for each other! :)

Jim

Jim, Good luck in retirement and I hope your health improves.

Good luck Jim, and if you are in the Dallas area I'm sure Bob knows of hundreds of massage parlors although none of them are licensed or accredited and probably can't do squat for your neck. A friend of mine actually had a disc in his neck shaved down to relieve the pain but I'm sure you went over all your options. Anyway,Enjoy and feel better