stop the outsourcing?

And again I will state, even though some heavy work has been outsourced, DL Tech Ops actually insources work from other company's and makes a profit for the company, instead of just breaking even or worse.

Sounds like a good business model to me, outsource the work that is costing money to operate and insource work that will make money for you.

WorldTraveler said:
first, excellent summary of the AM partnership. You have said it before and I don't disagree with your assessment.

but your fears of them taking over work hasn't been validated even by your own statement because the maintenance JV is still doing a fairly small amount of work; other MROs are still doing work they have been doing. They are a long distance from taking work that you all do now.
it hasn't be validated today, but that doesn't mean tomorrow it wont be. It is completely possible that Delta says 
"oh the AM guys are doing alright with the 88 work they have now, we could dump more hangar bays in MSP if we went a head and sent the 88 PSVs down there too" 
Nothing says they have to wait for the current outsourced work to go to Mexico before they ship out even more in-house work. 

you believe them, good for you. I don't. I believe Delta will end up trying to send more current in-house work to Mexico. I believe Delta is going to try and dump the majority of hangar space in MSP. Have a few bays for drop in work and overnight stuff and call it a day. 
It would also appear that the slow pace means that DL and AM both want to make sure they are producing a quality product before they try to sell it; we can recheck in a couple years and if DL and AM are not doing any outside work, then I think your point can be accepted as valid. We just aren't there yet.
It doesn't work that way. IF they were an MRO then they would be doing MRO work. period. 
They may end up doing some limited work but I will be glad to bet that the vast majority (75-80%) will be DL/AM work. Unless DL pulls out and changes vendors again. 
I am not against your union views, dawg. I do question how you can be as cynical and distrustful about mgmt. and their intentions and stay at DL. If it really bothers you as much as you make it sound, then I would never want to work for any company or organization and harbor those feelings.
because my life isn't nearly as simple as you make it sound? 
Delta would have to really cut before I got sent to the streets. My fight against outsourcing is for the craft and for the younger guys. Same deal with the 5th week of vacation. (which they finally gave back) 
second I want to live in Atlanta. Who else am I going to work for? Not only that but I'm just suspose to start over? I love my job, love what I do, love who I work for. 
but Delta has its issues and I want to see them change. 
once again, I respect you and what you do. I don't expect you or anyone else to blindly accept what is handed to you; but I would also hope that you can find some things about what DL is doing that are good and positive. can't be the pay, The insurance is pretty good. I love the idea of turning TechOps into a profit center, and I like who they are bringing in to help with the MRO. 
​The outsourcing is my only big problem. I mean the lies in the past piss me off, but I was smart enough not to believe them and bet my future on them. Sadly Delta broke up a lot of families and not a single person in management gives the smallest amount of care about it. Tony is sitting at his house rich and happy while guys are commuting in from Dallas every day. 

Reactions: 1 person
true... and it still doesn't change that DL's percent of outsourcing today is almost identical to an average of the outsourcing that DL and NW that DL and NW had at the time of the merger.

I could doubt a lot of things. I just choose to accept what is presented to me until I see reason to believe otherwise.

there are a lot of things that COULD happen but I can't spend my life worrying if they will.

and I absolutely want to see DL's maintenance operation and with it your job as well as Kev's and every other DL employee - today and in the future - secure and prosperous.

in fact, I can't think of a single person that I know that I would not want the same thing.

Kev3188 said:
And the employees at every other company can choose to work for change in their workplaces if they so desire...
So are you saying that F/As and Ramp peeps are not getting the opportunity to sign a card, at DL?

Kev3188 said:
And the employees at every other company can choose to work for change in their workplaces if they so desire...

Your words, not mine. 

Now, do you and others have the right to sign a card, in order to change their workplace?

Is DL absolutely forbidding you to sign those cards?

Kev3188 said:
I know what I write, thanks.

Still baffled that this is what you reply with...

Probably shouldn't be, but still...

Obviously, critical thinking is not his strong suit. 

Kev3188 said:
Really? That's the conclusion you've come to? 

OK, then please explain how "you" can not choose to work for change in your workplace, since you referred that employees at "Every" other company can do so, as they desire.

Latest posts