stop the outsourcing?

Kev  is there any idea or clue as to when an election may be called    Are they getting closer to the day they need?  I had read an article a few days ago (forget where.. yahoo??) regarding labor movement in DL  and in particular FAs and ACS

that article was written before the terms of the APFA contract had to be RAISED because of DL's raise and before it became apparent how much APFA had to give away in order to get a contract that still leaves AA FAs far from the industry leading contract they thought they were negotiating.

WorldTraveler said:
that article was written before the terms of the APFA contract had to be RAISED because of DL's raise and before it became apparent how much APFA had to give away in order to get a contract that still leaves AA FAs far from the industry leading contract they thought they were negotiating.
still no comparisons......

southwind said:

Seriously, how long does it take to give the people involved a chance to sign a card......a week, a month or a year and who decides when to count them ?

Doesn't really sound like rocket science.
With all the mis-information people like yourself and WT spread about it takes a while. Fear and stupidity are two very big things in like. 

Reactions: 1 person

With all the mis-information people like yourself and WT spread about it takes a while. Fear and stupidity are two very big things in like.
of course it is all fear and stupidity if it is counter to your message.

If it happens to be the truth, then it hits a little closer to home and the defenses go up.

topDawg said:

Please show me what "Mis-information" I have spread.

WorldTraveler said:
of course it is all fear and stupidity if it is counter to your message.

If it happens to be the truth, then it hits a little closer to home and the defenses go up.
No what is fear and stupidity is picking one point, profit sharing, and harping on it. 

AA's FAs could be getting 16 weeks of vacation and work half the time of the DL FAs and your would still be screaming about the lack of profit sharing. 

you don't know who has a better deal because you have not looked over the TA and the DL rules. It is very possible that AA's FAs make up the profit sharing ground in work rules. 

southwind said:
Please show me what "Mis-information" I have spread.
I don't have the time to find exact post but I have seen you talk more about union dues than anyone on here. 

So people, Southwest for one, pay union dues and still make more than you do. 

but AA employees aren't getting anything that comes remotely close to the 7-8 weeks worth of pay that DL employees will get compared to DL profit sharing.

the simple reason why I am harping on it is because it is such an enormous part of DL's compensation.

to pretend it doesn't matter is sheer ignorance.

AA and the APFA severely underestimated the value of DL profit sharing and because of it will come nowhere close to DL employees in total compensation.

that's not fear - those are the cold, hard economic facts that DL employees will take to the bank and use to pay for winter vacations, remodel houses, increase their 401Ks etc.

You dont get it, Parker negotiated RAISES that equal to the $61 million in profit sharing, how many times does it have to be posted till you get it?

And DL's PS is only a month's worth of pay, not seven to eight weeks.

And you truly need to move on about PS, an extra month of pay wont keep the unions away.

well of course Parker and the APFA agreed to those terms.

AA wanted more language speakers and won anyway.

Doesn't change that there will be foreign language speakers slotted into slots that senior AA FAs used to hold and that AA and the APFA undervalued DL profit sharing.

The fact that AA and APFA agreed to it doesn't change a thing.

If you think that 12-15% more compensation doesn't matter, you truly are out of touch with the way the vast majority of people think about work.

DL isn't a charity operation and I don't want or expect DL employees to accept charity levels of compensation which is exactly what it would be to give up profit sharing.

Latest posts