Struggling American Airlines To Shutter Air Passenger Service To Focus On 'American Way' Magazine

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
Very funny. Gotta love the Onion.

FORT WORTH, TX—Claiming the drain on time and resources involved in operating an airline was preventing them from pursuing their true goals as a publisher, officials at American Airlines announced Tuesday they would discontinue air service in order to concentrate on writing and editing American Way magazine.

http://www.theonion....r-passen,30458/

Considering some of the Lilliputian food we are serving in F/C these days, I thought we were going to concentrate on being a really expensive restaurant where 3 snow peas artfully arranged on a plate would sell for $19.95 as an appetizer. You all know the kind of restaurant I mean... like up in the Napa Valley. :lol:

American Way seems about 25-30% thinner than it was two years ago... I suspect the only reason they don't scrap it is that they'd still need to do something about the 20 pages of customer information it has (maps, customs form instructions)... 30 or 40 pages of ads covers the cost, but I suspect it's getting harder and harder to sell those ads.

Back