Sully make the cover of New York Magazine

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
Sully is on the cover of the lastest issue of New York Magazine. The 5 page (long) article is attached for those who would like to read. Following the article on Sully you can click on two interesting short articles on Al Haynes of UA 232 fame and on Al Slayder the FO from UA 811, the 747 that limped back to HNL after an explosion riped a huge hole in the fueslage. I think many if you will enjoy the article.

http://nymag.com/news/features/53788/

Regards

LGA777

Jack Stephan just proved beyond a doubt that he's an idiot.
Can you please elaborate sir. Your post seems out of place.

Your quote below your posts; "Saving the world, one clue at a time." How do you feel your latest post or previous posts have saved anything besides ignorance on your part?

Your post in December 2008 below, what were you referring to sir?

"I don't think you guys want to go there. Even if we assume that HP Pilots were flying coke in Australia, they were at least managing to keep those aircraft out of Sydney Harbour (unlike, say, Flushing Bay).

Dumb line of thinking."

Can you please elaborate sir. Your post seems out of place.

Only to those lacking (deliberately or otherwise) the acumen to understand why tossing every pilot under the age of 57 or 58 under the bus is a particularly stupid (and incorrect) postulation.

Your quote below your posts; "Saving the world, one clue at a time." How do you feel your latest post or previous posts have saved anything besides ignorance on your part?

Hey genius--if they've "saved" ignorance on my part, it implies that said ignorance was not displayed. Care to try again with the snappy one-liner, gramps?

I do appreciate your proving that Stephan is an idiot, however. Obviously, not all "experienced" US pilots have quite the mental acumen as Captain Sullenberger.

Your post in December 2008 below, what were you referring to sir?

"I don't think you guys want to go there. Even if we assume that HP Pilots were flying coke in Australia, they were at least managing to keep those aircraft out of Sydney Harbour (unlike, say, Flushing Bay).

Dumb line of thinking."

You wrote:

nostradamus said:
Neither of their sides went to another country and crossed a picket line or had management pilots that flew drugs.

To which, Tiger 1050 said:

Tiger 1050 said:
Okay! That's it. I am now convinced that I am in fact living proof that deja vu actually exists!!!!!! To prove my hypothesis I expect to read this same statement by Nostadamus in the near future...

To which NYCBusdriver responded:

Funny how truth keeps creeping back into the argument.

To which I responded with the quote above. The point, of course being that while you were busy bashing America West pilots for their sins, you were (presumably are) a member of a pilot group with a record (at the time) of planting aircraft in Flushing Bay at a very high rate in comparison with your peers.

At this point, you (being a very poor hit and run artist) are trying to imply something else. I'll give you your due--Captain Sullenberger and FO Skiles have now improved the East pilot's record to 1-2 with NY waterways. Good for them.

A 5 year old can take stuff out of context. I suggest before you continue to do so that you consider the wisdom of showing up a gunfight armed with a knife, gramps.

Captain Sully is a tangible and much needed reminder of the rare pleasure of being around a great and professional pilot.

I hope that the 4 meglomaniacs that I had the misfortune of sharing a van ride with this morning will take the time to read this extensive article.

If their attention spans and adolescent insecurities can take it, they need to read the whole thing and rethink their own embarrassing posturing and conduct this morning.

This article says what I could not. Gentlemen and especially Gentlemen Geeks are the pilots that everyone prefers to work and fly with.

Folks,

Stop the personal sniping and attacks NOW.

Next personal jab gets the thread closed and time off....

What Jack Stephan said or did not say is irrelevant to this discussion. Stay on topic.