Survey for Cultural Training at Airlines/LODO

When I first joined the Lod/o program, Iwas concerned, on how i was going to evacuate one of those 90% non-english speaking flights, if an emergency were to arise. I went to the company to see if evacuation commands were printed and approved for our use, in the event of an evacuation. Their response was, "you are only a service item, therefore, no, you are to speak english commands in those cases." Can you imagine doing a cabin prep under those conditions! Also with the decrease in Lod/o positions, and crew sched's ability to remove the Lod/o and assign them to another non-lod/o trip, just goes to show you the company's commitment to customer service in regard to cultural differences. "Welcome Aboard USAirways. You're going or coming to AMERICA so you better learn some ENGLISH!"

ok, I've got my rose colored glasses on.

Having said that, cant AFA negotiate some lodo/o language? With the time they are saving from doing NOTHING for the rsv issue, maybe they could put something together for lod/o (I too hate that term)

Im confused....what exactly DOES AFA do for f/a's?

IIRC it was an AFA seniority grievance that started the whole thing.
Yes you are absolutely correct. Seems like ( as i recall ) the Burgers were mad because they couldn't fly every position to Frankfurt. Now you know CULTURALLY diverse and aware the Burgers were/are ( sorry it's the truth ). :lol: And to make a long story short thats what the MEC fought for - cause remember it was all about the BURG for years- and they controlled EVERYTHING with AFA. Isn't it ironic how things have changed. :shock:

Now back on the subject, YES indeed it is time for AFA - in their infinite wisdom- to address the concerns of flying Int'l and probably/hopefully the future of US. Time to get some new faces, with fresh ideas for negotiationing the concerns of F/A group . IT IS LONGGG OVERDUE!

Yes you are absolutely correct. Seems like ( as i recall ) the Burgers were mad because they couldn't fly every position to Frankfurt. Now you know CULTURALLY diverse and aware the Burgers were/are ( sorry it's the truth ). :lol: And to make a long story short thats what the MEC fought for - cause remember it was all about the BURG for years- and they controlled EVERYTHING with AFA. Isn't it ironic how things have changed. :shock:

Now back on the subject, YES indeed it is time for AFA - in their infinite wisdom- to address the concerns of flying Int'l and probably/hopefully the future of US. Time to get some new faces, with fresh ideas for negotiationing the concerns of F/A group . IT IS LONGGG OVERDUE!
Per FAA the air space is ENGLISH speaking so it is not a mandate. WE have proposed to the company many,many times if you choose to do internatinal flights you need to have people who actually speak it. Not only is it a nightmare when you are the only lodo on a 330 and doing the forms and trying to accomadete families but when someone is sick everyone is depending on you and only YOU to fix it. If you do the extra mile YOU (lodo) are the one who is stuck staying back in customs/immigration. do we get paid? no. The company does not
appreciate it nor does the company understand from just a customer service viewpoint how much there is to be made from europen market. USAIRWAYS if you are international then you need to follow the lead of the major carriers. They actually put lodo's on their flight for emergency and customer service.

USAIRWAYS if you are international then you need to follow the lead of the major carriers. They actually put lodo's on their flight for emergency and customer service.

But you see flightattend21, US Airways has no intentions whatsoever of following the major carriers. We are a LCC! :down: We are the worst no matter which way you look at it. We have a bunch of classless bozos who are trying to run this airline. Actually Bozo the clown has more class than our mgmt. They think everyone should speak English since they are on a US carrier. They just don't get it. Furthermore, it isn't cost effective to have to pay the extra money to staff a lodo. After all, every penny counts since it is lining their pocket. They think cheap, and only cheap. They simply do not get it and they don't care that you are working your LODO arse off. They don't care that you stayed three hours after the flight to help a pax. They don't care that you have to handle emergencies all yourself. They don't care that you have to spend hours on forms on an A330. More work for less pay is precisely what they are after. But those people should all speak English anyway, right?

Don't expect much help from the union if what others is saying is true. The way they see it, it isn't fair for a junior lodo to take the spot of a beloved blockholder who has put in 40 years. After all, they've done their time and they deserve it dammit! In 30 more years you will have earned the right to that position. Until then, tough sh!t for you and everyone else.

But you see flightattend21, US Airways has no intentions whatsoever of following the major carriers. We are a LCC! :down: We are the worst no matter which way you look at it. We have a bunch of classless bozos who are trying to run this airline. Actually Bozo the clown has more class than our mgmt. They think everyone should speak English since they are on a US carrier. They just don't get it. Furthermore, it isn't cost effective to have to pay the extra money to staff a lodo. After all, every penny counts since it is lining their pocket. They think cheap, and only cheap. They simply do not get it and they don't care that you are working your LODO arse off. They don't care that you stayed three hours after the flight to help a pax. They don't care that you have to handle emergencies all yourself. They don't care that you have to spend hours on forms on an A330. More work for less pay is precisely what they are after. But those people should all speak English anyway, right?

Don't expect much help from the union if what others is saying is true. The way they see it, it isn't fair for a junior lodo to take the spot of a beloved blockholder who has put in 40 years. After all, they've done their time and they deserve it dammit! In 30 more years you will have earned the right to that position. Until then, tough sh!t for you and everyone else.
you always make my day god forbid if im here in 30 years how in the hell would i hold my bags of cheese ( icould ask one of the more senior people how they do it i guess) LOL

Back