SYR TV station retracts news story about B6 runway excursion

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
JetBlue Says Plane Did Not Skid Off Runway

Last Update: 7:06 pm
Print Story | Email Story

Hancock Airport (WSYR-TV) - We have a correction on a story we first reported Monday morning about complications involving a JetBlue flight that landed at Hancock Airport Sunday night.

Nearly two hours had passed between the time flight 660 from Orlando landed to the time it finally reached the gate. Some passengers told us the plane skidded off the icy runway, but JetBlue says that's not true.

A spokesperson says “the aircraft was under control at all times and did not leave the taxiway or the runway at any time.â€￾

A statement from the airline says the captain was having traction problems and requested a tug tow the plane to the gate. JetBlue says the delay was caused by continued freezing rain which reduced traction for the tug as well.

Eventually the plane made it to the gate, and JetBlue says the plane was under control at all times.

http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/story.asp...80-5955b4d78696

So I guess a cellphone call from an irate passenger is considered a reliable source, eh?

"The airline had not made any previous statements concerning the incident."

Um, why would they when there was no "incident"?

I wonder if anyone at WSYR TV went to journalism school.

I wouldn't belive jetBlue totally. They are full of themselves. We should know we are a group of current crewmembers and former crewmembers that have been treated unfairly. jetBlue doesn't take care of there employees anymore nor do they care about the customers as much as they use to.

There alot more but it wouldn't surprise me that the plane went off the run way.
Jetbluecrewmembers dot com

JetBlue Says Plane Did Not Skid Off Runway

Last Update: 7:06 pm
Print Story | Email Story

Hancock Airport (WSYR-TV) - We have a correction on a story we first reported Monday morning about complications involving a JetBlue flight that landed at Hancock Airport Sunday night.

Nearly two hours had passed between the time flight 660 from Orlando landed to the time it finally reached the gate. Some passengers told us the plane skidded off the icy runway, but JetBlue says that's not true.

A spokesperson says “the aircraft was under control at all times and did not leave the taxiway or the runway at any time.â€￾

A statement from the airline says the captain was having traction problems and requested a tug tow the plane to the gate. JetBlue says the delay was caused by continued freezing rain which reduced traction for the tug as well.

Eventually the plane made it to the gate, and JetBlue says the plane was under control at all times.

http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/story.asp...80-5955b4d78696

So I guess a cellphone call from an irate passenger is considered a reliable source, eh?

"The airline had not made any previous statements concerning the incident."

Um, why would they when there was no "incident"?

I wonder if anyone at WSYR TV went to journalism school.

Maintaining the runways and taxiways in SYR can at time be a struggle due to the snow and mixed precipitation factor. If it had skidded it would have been the fault of operations, not pilot or aircraft. If a pilot reports, "Breaking Poor" upon landing or before taking off all other flights are detained until the runway is cleared and tested.

Great job to pilot, crew and airport operations :up:

Never give a statement to the press because they will twist them to suit their purpose. I have lived and learned and seen and heard!

Latest posts