T-RUMP wants to Buy GREENLAND !

I seriously doubt it by the way you run around in a panic frenzy. You most likely have been a serial mooch living off any and all government cheese you can get your hands on.
Nope. Just decided that at 62 I could enjoy life more. I haven't been disappointed. Keep working hard and you can retire too. I go to bed when I want. I wake up when I want. I ride bikes with a bunch of others enjoying retirement. But....I'm willing to watch them cut Social Security...and even though I'm on it, I'd LOVE for them to make any cuts that are enacted to be applied to EVERYBODY....even the old farts who voted for Republicans to cut it. I want them to be able to be a part of making America great again.

Nope. Just decided that at 62 I could enjoy life more. I haven't been disappointed. Keep working hard and you can retire too. I go to bed when I want. I wake up when I want. I ride bikes with a bunch of others enjoying retirement. But....I'm willing to watch them cut Social Security...and even though I'm on it, I'd LOVE for them to make any cuts that are enacted to be applied to EVERYBODY....even the old farts who voted for Republicans to cut it. I want them to be able to be a part of making America great again.

You say one thing but act another. So you’re either a compulsive liar or a serial hypocrite.

Or both.

Unfortunately, your wish will never come to fruition. There has never been a member of Congress in either House who had or has the political guts to cut benefits for people who are already on the rolls. Every plan to "reform" or "save" Social Security has been to some extent based on the idea that "current benefits will not be cut. However, for those of you who will be retiring in 2025 or later, Bend Over!" As a current recipient of Social Security, I must say I like that plan.:rolleyes: It show a lot of sensible fiscal responsibility on the part of Congress.;)

Unfortunately, your wish will never come to fruition. There has never been a member of Congress in either House who had or has the political guts to cut benefits for people who are already on the rolls. Every plan to "reform" or "save" Social Security has been to some extent based on the idea that "current benefits will not be cut. However, for those of you who will be retiring in 2025 or later, Bend Over!" As a current recipient of Social Security, I must say I like that plan.:rolleyes: It show a lot of sensible fiscal responsibility on the part of Congress.;)
I get it. But I AM a little concerned for my kid and my grandkid. That's why it disheartens me to see people in their early to mid 70's running for president. They'll make damn sure that they don't alienate the "senior voter" who claims to love their kids and grandkids as they vote for people who want to insure that their offspring will never come close to being able to do what they did.....retire. We didn't give up a nice house. We didn't give up a nicer car. We didn't give up very many vacations. Because when WE retired, we had a pension and social security to help us out. The money that WE put into a 401K was simply icing on the cake. That was our "fun money"...because between the pension and social security, we weren't really going to need to dig into that savings in retirement. THEY won't have a pension. THEY won't have social security. Whatever they have will be in their 401K. THEY won't have Medicare. They are going to have to save like hell today if they have any kind of hope of retiring when they hit their 60's.

I guess the bleeding heart in me hopes that La and Tony are in that group that is "grandfathered". If they aren't, well....you get what you vote for.

Go ahead and vote Republican....
Thanks for your permission.

then get ready to retire at 80...if at all.
Trying to use fear to influence me there KCFlyer? How very left of you. Hopefully I will retire before 80.That is why I PREPARE for retirement, not depend on a fund the government REQUIRES me to pay into but tells me will be insolvent before my retirement age because the government robbed the people blind and replaced the money with IOU's and extended benefits outside of the original scope of Social Security..

Just dismiss and don't think.
If you recall I asked you to post links to media sources supporting your claims and I would read them. I kept up my part of the bargain. It's not my fault your link lead to a bunch of blogs and opinion pieces based in hyperbole instead of fact. I simply asked you to bring something more substantial to the table, which by the way you failed to do. If you don't want me to dismiss then don't send me trash and present it as fact. You accuse me of not thinking, I was willing to entertain your claims which as far as I know is a hell of a lot more open mindedness and consideration than you ever showed me.

That's why you vote Republican.
Oh is that why I vote Republican KCFlyer?

Is it really?

You've got (somewhat ) of a point there La Li Lu Le Lo.
By me proclaiming the following, won't be a guarantee, but I do believe you'll get your SS, but not at present age 67.

You're right. La seems to dismiss that Trump 1.0 was on record SEVERAL times in 2016 saying he would NOT cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Trump 2.0 is saying that his "second term projoect" would be to cut Social Securty, and "gutting Medicare would be a fun second term project".

And I don't know how old La is, but I'm going to agree with you- I don't think he'll be able to start taking it at 62...it most likely will be 66, and full retirement most likely won't happen until around age 72 to 75. And what he DOES get will be about 60% of what he thinks he'll get.

Latest posts