Ta Dah! New Paint Job

nycbusdriver said:
I like the new paint scheme.  It looks "refreshing."

The retro liveries are GREAT!

So, where's the EMPIRE and MOHAWK airplanes?  If you're gonna do it, do it right and include EVERYBODY!
[post="291218"][/post]​

I am guessing that maybe it has something to do with the branding rights??????
US Airways still owns the rights to PSA, Piedmont, Allegheny and soon to be America West. Maybe US Aiways doesn't own the branding rights to Empire or Mohawk Airlines???? Just maybe..... Anyone???

Here is the heritage circle.

As far as the overall design. I like it well enough.
The one thing everyone needs to keep in minds cost was the deciding factor not styly. On reason the stylized flag and U.S AIRWAYS remained the same. Also why mostly white, also why stripes don't cover the Radome. Clean, simple and effeciant.

Exciting entroducing a new look huh? I think it looks pretty good. Not crazy about the way the cheatline curves down in the front but I think parts of the new livery look really great.
I also like how USAirways is recognizing ALL of the airlines that came together to form the new airline. Much success to you all!

Thanks TWskyliner, we'll need it!!!

I agree, about the cheatline. Maybe if the white line was removed, it wouldn't stand out so much. The 'Retros' are a nice touch and refreshing in todays environment.

UPNAWAY said:
Here is the heritage circle.

As far as the overall design. I like it well enough.
The one thing everyone needs to keep in minds cost was the deciding factor not styly. On reason the stylized flag and U.S AIRWAYS remained the same. Also why mostly white, also why stripes don't cover the Radome. Clean, simple and effeciant.
[post="291278"][/post]​

Good point. If you notice the cheat line is well below the door and the radome is only one color. This lessens the likelyhood of misaligned paint stripe in the event a door or radome have to be replaced. I also noticed that the logo is not on the engine cowling. Same theory. If you look at some pictures of AWA airplanes, you can see the logos are misaligned or only partially there due to a cowling replacement. Seems to me that it was a good move on their part.

MMW -
Good points. While it might look good to have the logo on the cowling, it looks very bad when it's been replaced and doesn't line up. Same for the radome. Looks like those AWA folks are actually thinking in smart, efficient, practical terms! If this kind of thought goes into all aspects of the operation, then there's some real hope for US in the future.

A DM email being sent out. Somebody must think I still care.........

Today, America West and US Airways unveiled our new aircraft paint scheme that will be used when we join together this fall to create the world’s largest low-fare, full-service airline. And you’re among the first to get a peek at the new look!

The stylish, modern paint scheme incorporates an important new element: A symbol near the front of the body of the airplane that pays tribute to each of the airlines that have joined together over the years to make up the new US Airways:

Allegheny Airlines
America West
Pacific Southwest Airlines
Piedmont Airlines

In addition to this symbol that celebrates the combined heritage of the new airline, several aircraft will be painted in the classic paint schemes of these airlines to pay tribute to each of them and their important role in the creation of the new US Airways.

Learn more about the look of the new US Airways and get answers to frequently asked questions such as:

How much does it cost to paint an airplane?
Did employees contribute to the new look?
Why is the new airline going with a new look if the name will still be US Airways?
In the coming months, we will be unveiling more exciting news about the new US Airways service, frequent flyer program, and other important information. Click here for the latest news and updates as we progress with the merger.

N924PS said:
The Smile is Back. If only on one airplane, a welcome reminder of happier days.

They should apply the PSA Retro livery to a B757 0r A321. It looks particularly good on a long body aircraft.
[post="291268"][/post]​

Here, Here N924PS!

My vote would be the fleet thats going to stay around awhile (airbus?).

What about B767/A321 for Piedmont?
How about B737/A319 for Allegheny (closest thing to DC9)?
A320 is perfect for America West!