Ta Dah! New Paint Job

I like the new livery as well, and especially the retro designs. I just hope we keep the current HP theme planes (Suns, AZ, Dbacks, etc), and of course expand to include things like PA, NC, Eagles, etc.

Anybody heard anything about that?

Don't forget the Panthers, they fly US, The Eagles fly NWA and the Steelers fly US.

The livery looks much better in person, many will agree when their turn comes, here is one of my photo's from this morning in PHL, not spectacular but I don't think of any of us expected that. It will grow on most of us !

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=529687

You have to give Doug and Travis and the other's in Tempe credit for not spending millions and millions to some other company to design something that might be a lot worse, they did it themselves. I respect that a lot and I am sure many on this board will agree. I like the Heritage Circle but when Joe Q. Passenger see's it in the jetway as he boards he may not reconize the Allegheny logo or speedbird. The word Allegheny should be under that logo and Piedmont under the speedbird. Your comments on this are welcome.

As a serious airline/airliner enthusist and photographer the whole idea of the retro schemes is TOTALLY AWESOME, and to me it speaks volumes about the mind-set
of our new leaders in Tempe.

LGA777

StewGuy86 said:
Thanks, MOC. The "heritage circle" is pretty sharp. I'm glad they didn't put in the old 1980s US Air logo with the fat, rusty letters! :D
[post="291318"][/post]​

Yeah, too bad. That "rusty" paint job was here when the airline was very profitable and we made very good salaries. Guess they wouldn't want that look back now that it is LCC. Sigh...

700UW said:
Don't forget the Panthers, they fly US, The Eagles fly NWA and the Steelers fly US.
[post="291347"][/post]​

I listed "etc" instead of every team. It's not the idea of which teams fly HP or US, they should have theme planes for each team in the hub cities.

If the team does not fly the airline, why promote them?

Makes no sense to me.

700UW said:
If the team does not fly the airline, why promote them?

Makes no sense to me.
[post="291389"][/post]​

Team-theme planes and city planes are not the way to go. Too expensive and they always end up looking ratty especially if engine cowling etc is removed. Eg. our Arizona plane with reguler HP livery engine cowling or nose cone. Ugly. The only city plane I want to see is the City of Pittsburgh.

Latest posts