Talks under way?

From the DMN:

“The companies noted that there can be no assurance that a transaction will result from these discussions.” I think as AA looks at U's numbers they will see how bad a situation it is.

Reactions: 2 people
i still say aa needs a merger bec if they go it alone and emerge as a stand alone they will be right back at the gate in ch11 i have no doubt that i believe aa needs us to better compete with delta n ual my mother remembers back in the 70s in a miami newspaper reading that one day there would be 3 major airline dl ua and aa i think we are seein that happen

Reactions: 1 person
... one day there would be 3 major airline dl ua and aa i think we are seein that happen

keep in mind that WN is the largest domestic carrier - by number of passengers. They don't generate the revenue per passenger of the big three.

They also are committed to moving into the int'l market with a "special focus" on Latin America.

keep in mind that WN is the largest domestic carrier - by number of passengers. They don't generate the revenue per passenger of the big three.

They also are committed to moving into the int'l market with a "special focus" on Latin America.
Whatever WT . Don't forget that gift certificate ;-)

I wonder if my "hypothetical scenario" call a few weeks ago becomes true:

Horton eventually becomes (non)executive chairman down the road and Parker runs the day-to-day operations. This way, all three (Horton, Parker and APA) "save face". Horton "goes out on top". Parker gets to run AA and the APA can say "we got rid of Horton's management team from running AA".

I still am not "sold" on Parker however.

On my recent AA flight a few days ago, I was speaking with an AA pilot who was sitting to next me (is the term "deadheading" correct?). Needless to say, he mentioned that neither he, nor a "good many" of his colleagues are a fan of Parker either. That being said, it was basically "anything is better than Horton and his management team".

One thing he did agree with me however was on the scope issue-but I wasn't too sure he had an answer for it.

Ironically, he actually felt sorry for Arpey in the end. He felt "Arpey is a good man, but in over his head". Exact quote.

It was an excellent conversation. I think in the end, he and his colleagues want AA to work-someway, somehow.

The pilot was deadheading if he was being paid his hourly pay to sit there, so that he could get to another flight where he was needed to pilot the plane. That's not real common. Otherwise, the pilot was just a passenger. More than likely, he was commuting to or from work (on his own time).

As eolesen has posted a few times, AA has an all-new management team, whether or not the employees want to admit it. At this point, their claim that AA needs all new management is a thinly disguised contempt/hatred for Tom Horton. And if any of them think that trading Horton for Parker is an improvement, then they should be tested.

As eolesen has posted a few times, AA has an all-new management team, with the same old management playbook in regards to the pilots, whether or not the employees want to admit it. At this point, their claim that AA needs all new management is a thinly disguised contempt/hatred for Tom Horton. And if any of them think that trading Horton for Parker is an improvement, then they should be tested.

Fixed it for you FWAAA, you must of left it out by mistake.

AA the parties agreed to check the numbers, I have to wonder how much of U's Caribbean and transatlantic can survive. U Is no longer the stand alone, and we have partner carriers involved who can do a betterjob. Add in the PHX hub as well and you no longer have the largest airline. All of a sudden we are back to number 3 with a lot of new debt and network to try to combine.

I dont know who decided that being bigger is better. The last 2 mergers have only begun to play out. Reality may show us better.

Whatever WT . Don't forget that gift certificate ;-)

talks do not equate to a merger... but even if it does happen, the gift certificate might come in handy when the paychecks you were expecting don't come in quite like you expected.

How much revenue do those partner carriers bring you? How many jobs do they take away? So you prefer for AA's partner carriers who according to you do a better job to do your flying instead of having it done in house?
It's obvious that you are clueless about the US transatlantic network, and its potential as well. Put your bitterness away,,and educate yourself a bit prior to posting such nonsense.

Kind of like your paycheck from Delta? Oh wait you don't get one anymore. I hope that someday you can tell us who's payroll you are on.......

Aa has a history of eliminating competition air cal,reno,midway,twa, Usair?
And that's precisely why AA is where they are today. Had they capitalized on their purchases instead of dismantling them, they wouldn't be looking up at their larger counterparts.

Latest posts