teamsters file at us air

iluvaa

Veteran
Mar 22, 2007
http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2013/05/teamsters-file-for-representation-election-of-us-airways-mechanics.html

I hear that USAir has lifetime recall rights. Does USAir have any AMT's on recall and did they get cards from them? Makes you wonder if the IBT really has enough cards and did they really think this out.

Teamsters see $$$$$$$$

They will go after the Pension money the IAM has been managing for the AMT's for years.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iam-teamster-raid-endangers-us-211100792.html

So why isn't this posted on the US Air site yet?

Is it more important here?

Could be legit, or it could be strategic.

Lets say they really dont have enough cards at US, does it really matter? The AA group in the end will determine what Union prevails over both.

So lets say you are the IBT, you believe that AMFA is to file the end of May, you have just two weeks from when AMFA files if you want to jump on the ballott, you need something to push the cards. So you file at US and hope that the news drives more mechanics at AA to sign cards. Even if they dont have enough cards at US, by the time anyone finds out they didnt have enough it would likely be past that two week window to file. If this gets them to to 50% +1 at AA then they lose nothing by filing too early at US because they have a shot at getting on the AA ballott, then if they won at AA they would get a free shot at US again, if it doesnt they still lose nothing because if they cant get on the AA ballott and they have to go head to head with AMFA (if they waited to file at US and won there) they would likely lose. If they dont do something and AMFA has the cards AMFA will likely win at AA, and then they would likley beat the IAM as well and the IBT will have lost both with no shot for at least a year. An AMFA win at AA could destabilize the IBT at UAL. For the IBT they had to do something (they could have pushed at UAL a little harder but nah, why fight the company? I havent seen anything from the IBT that would lead me to believe that they think we are grossly underpaid, all they talk about is overseas outsourcing, thats why they never talk about UPS to passenger airline mechanics.)

So whether they have enough cards or not really doesnt matter because nobody would find that out until late June or July, after the two week window for filing.

Reactions: 3 people
Did anybody else notice that the highest paid mechs are represented by AMFA. I hear from the old timers that AMFA isn't a union, but an association, and then they scuff. I don't car if it's an association, they get results, and not just for the very senior mechs.

Reactions: 6 people
Did anybody else notice that the highest paid mechs are represented by AMFA. I hear from the old timers that AMFA isn't a union, but an association, and then they scuff. I don't car if it's an association, they get results, and not just for the very senior mechs.

Actually they are IBT at UPS. The thing is the IBT is not offering passenger airline mechanics what the UPS guys have. At UPS all of them are in one Local and they are the only people in that Local, they are not mixed with other industries or spread out between many locals like they plan to do with us and did to CAL and UAL. Therin lies the problem with what they are offering and what we have.

Reactions: 1 person
Could be legit, or it could be strategic.

Lets say they really dont have enough cards at US, does it really matter? The AA group in the end will determine what Union prevails over both.

So lets say you are the IBT, you believe that AMFA is to file the end of May, you have just two weeks from when AMFA files if you want to jump on the ballott, you need something to push the cards. So you file at US and hope that the news drives more mechanics at AA to sign cards. Even if they dont have enough cards at US, by the time anyone finds out they didnt have enough it would likely be past that two week window to file. If this gets them to to 50% +1 at AA then they lose nothing by filing too early at US because they have a shot at getting on the AA ballott, then if they won at AA they would get a free shot at US again, if it doesnt they still lose nothing because if they cant get on the AA ballott and they have to go head to head with AMFA (if they waited to file at US and won there) they would likely lose. If they dont do something and AMFA has the cards AMFA will likely win at AA, and then they would likley beat the IAM as well and the IBT will have lost both with no shot for at least a year. An AMFA win at AA could destabilize the IBT at UAL. For the IBT they had to do something (they could have pushed at UAL a little harder but nah, why fight the company? I havent seen anything from the IBT that would lead me to believe that they think we are grossly underpaid, all they talk about is overseas outsourcing, thats why they never talk about UPS to passenger airline mechanics.)

So whether they have enough cards or not really doesnt matter because nobody would find that out until late June or July, after the two week window for filing.

Bob, I agree with your opinion here. The teamsters are desperate as all get out right now. And yes, they do realize what it will do over at UAL once AMFA gets in at AA and also get to represent the new AA after merger. I still believe after AMFA is in at AA and no matter what union is at US, AMFA will prevail. If the teamsters actually pull off a win at US (by some kind of mirical) then the teamsters will be devistated once again after the SWA guys fired them in a record card drive, the failure of the teamsters to get in at AA, OR, if they do get on the ballot they will lose yet again to AMFA, and then when AMFA prevails over the US air guys, hey 3 strikes and your out. All of these failures by the teamsters will just kill their ego's big time. The teamsters will do anything they possibly can to crush AMFA, including having insiders sabbataging internally to try and tear apart the AMFA once they take over at AA as well as at US. They tried doing it here at SWA after AMFA took over, but we were all expecting it and very quickly sent them all away with their tails between their legs. One more thing the teamsters are still steaming over with AMFA, the integration nego's with SWA and AT. The teamsters attorney's took a very embarrassing beat down from the entire AMFA nego team and attorney's. It was so bad at times some of us started to feel bad for him, but that went away rather quickly. Your scenario is right on the money.

I wonder which rocket scientist within the twu brain trust came up with this laughable idea.

The teamsters claim they have a majority of signed teamster authorization cards at AA and will file for an election. Not once but twice! Still no filing at AA. So, the twu's plan for the teamsters to prevent an AMFA filing at AA has fallen down hard. Panic sets in within the appointed halls of the industrial unions with each unaccountable "officer" looking at each other thinking of another idea for preventing AMFA from getting in at AA.

Suddenly someone comes up with the idea of having the teamsters "file" at USAir. "Brilliant!" shout the unaccountable sellouts! "We're saved!" shout out the self serving appointed ones!

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! teamster card signers at AA are signing AMFA cards. The farce created by the twu/teamsters has run its course and the final result is a filing at USAir? So the twu and teamsters are both going to be the laughing stock within commercial aviation.

Go AMFA!

I wonder which rocket scientist within the twu brain trust came up with this laughable idea.

The teamsters claim they have a majority of signed teamster authorization cards at AA and will file for an election. Not once but twice! Still no filing at AA. So, the twu's plan for the teamsters to prevent an AMFA filing at AA has fallen down hard. Panic sets in within the appointed halls of the industrial unions with each unaccountable "officer" looking at each other thinking of another idea for preventing AMFA from getting in at AA.

Suddenly someone comes up with the idea of having the teamsters "file" at USAir. "Brilliant!" shout the unaccountable sellouts! "We're saved!" shout out the self serving appointed ones!

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! teamster card signers at AA are signing AMFA cards. The farce created by the twu/teamsters has run its course and the final result is a filing at USAir? So the twu and teamsters are both going to be the laughing stock within commercial aviation.

Go AMFA!
And AMFA supporters are signing teamsters cards, anything to get rid of the TWU.

And AMFA supporters are signing teamsters cards, anything to get rid of the TWU.

If they are then the Teamsters would have filed by now. I do not even think the Teamsters have enough cards at USAir. This is probably a head game to see if more guys at AA will sign Teamsters cards since AMFA will file in the coming weeks at AA.

What the teamsters did with their filing at USAirways was the worst thing that could have happened. The IAM was in talks for a new contract. That was put on hold until a representational vote at US takes place. This is exactly what Dougie and the gang in Tempe want... mechanics fighting amongst themselves.

What the teamsters did with their filing at USAirways was the worst thing that could have happened. The IAM was in talks for a new contract. That was put on hold until a representational vote at US takes place. This is exactly what Dougie and the gang in Tempe want... mechanics fighting amongst themselves.

No sir. The contract was not put on hold for the representational election. The contract talks were put on hold because your current union, the IAM, asked to be released. As much as I would love to blame the dumb-asss teamsters for the contract discussion stoppage at US, I cannot. Again, it was not due to this announcement of a representational election by the teamsters that stalled your contract talks.

Latest posts