Teamsters filed at USAir for representation

Teamsters are desperate for the pension fund contributions. Big no vote for these mobsters.

The MTC group at US just got hosed by the Teamsters in the filing of cards at this time. You will not see a contract now. This is unbelievable. They cost you $$$$$ in this move. Sad day indeed.

Maybe I missed something, is this for MTC. or Fleet ?

Harry

http://www.teamster....tion-us-airways

VIDEO
WE FILED FOR OUR ELECTION US AIRWAYS
Watch the video of US Air mechanics and related talking about our election filing and why they want to become Teamsters during an event on Monday, May 7, 2013 in Charlotte, N.C.

http://www.teamster.org/content/big-news-us-airways-mechanics-file-election-become-teamsters

BIG NEWS! US AIRWAYS MECHANICS FILE FOR ELECTION TO BECOME TEAMSTERS

May 7, 2013

Nice video. Why are they all wearing black? You poor guys that wanted the Teamsters are in for a world of ####. I wonder how many promises they made. How many lies did they tell. I wonder if they even have enough cards to trigger a election. At AA most of us believe the Teamsters filed as a grandstanding effort to get more guys at AA to sign Teamsters cards before AMFA files by end of May. They will do anything to try to get on the ballot including using the AMT's and related at USAir for their own gain. If they are really interested in USAir then why file in the middle of negotiations, in the middle of a major merger and in the middle of mediated talks with a request for a release for self help? This does nothing to help the negotiations. Did the Teamsters promise to pressure USAir management into negotiations? Did they promise to get you released from mediation? Did they use the old mantra that we are 1.4 million strong? You guys know how much more your dues will increase? Will you have your own maintenance locals? Ask the guys at UAL how well things are going over at UAL/CAL. Be careful what you vote for before you get the facts instead of empty promises.

Reactions: 1 person
http://usaamerger.com/2013/05/10/the-truth-about-teamster-representation/

Would laugh if it were not so sad....if the IAM would have put forth as much effort towards its membership "pre-IBT" campaign as now the outcome may would have ended a little different!! I have received more mailings from theIAM the past 6months than the past 20 + yrs.... Going from being told at an IAM roadshow we are close to "boatloads of money" to "insultating offer" by the company in a few short months....And, in the end the IAM will be scratching their heads wondering why they are now on the outside looking in.....

Would laugh if it were not so sad....if the IAM would have put forth as much effort towards its membership "pre-IBT" campaign as now the outcome may would have ended a little different!! I have received more mailings from theIAM the past 6months than the past 20 + yrs.... Going from being told at an IAM roadshow we are close to "boatloads of money" to "insultating offer" by the company in a few short months....And, in the end the IAM will be scratching their heads wondering why they are now on the outside looking in.....

In the end MTC workers at US will be wondering why the IBT filed and screwed them out of a contract now. If the IBT is successful in winning representation, US MTC will not see a new contract until the work groups integrate 2-4 years from now. This will cost MTC employees thousands of $$$$. The IBT could have waited until a contract was reached if they were so confident in their representation abilities. I feel for the members who didn't sign a card and want a contract now and deserve better. IBT should be running organizing campaigns at non-Union work places, not at Unionized work places. I wish good luck to the MTC employees.

P. Rez

Reactions: 1 person
Amazing. I have been gone from the airline for 10 years and I am at my fifth different address since I left. Not once has anyone from the airline or IAM contacted me about "lifetime recall rights". But as soon as this nonsense started, I get stuff in the mail every three or four days. Unreal.

[/color]

In the end MTC workers at US will be wondering why the IBT filed and screwed them out of a contract now. If the IBT is successful in winning representation, US MTC will not see a new contract until the work groups integrate 2-4 years from now. This will cost MTC employees thousands of $$$$. The IBT could have waited until a contract was reached if they were so confident in their representation abilities. I feel for the members who didn't sign a card and want a contract now and deserve better. IBT should be running organizing campaigns at non-Union work places, not at Unionized work places. I wish good luck to the MTC employees.

P. Rez
Completely agree. The disgusting actions of the IBT just set the mechanics back financially for years to come.

[/color]

P. Rez

I believe the intent to file now was so that they could take over while still in section 6, and negotiate the contract they want to. Not that it will work, and yes it will cost the mechanics money, but it doesn't seem the co was offering much money anyways.

By the time a election is called, if it is and a vote is completed and the IBT wins they have to start from scratch to get up to speed. Many months down the road. Maybe by Thanksgiving if you are lucky and the holidays always slow things down until January.
No guarantee the IBT will get you a contract of your liking. Ask the UAL/CAL guys how things are going over there. 3 years and counting????

Then comes the merger finalization. CBA's have to be streamlined for all parties involved. The IBT is using the USAir guys as bait for the big fish at AA.