Teamsters filed at USAir for representation

Ask the IBT how much your dues will be and why do they charge more.
Will you have a maintenance local or be merged in with all the other IBT members from all different jobs?
Who will be your IBT ATD rep?
How many members in the ATD division compared to the 1.4 million members?
How many of those members are Aircraft technicians?
Ask the IBT how their pension funds are doing?
Should I continue or is this enough on your plate for now?
Be careful what you get yourselves into with the IBT. They would love to get your pension money. If you know anyone at UAL or CAL ask them what they think about the IBT.
You guys take care of getting AMFA and i will be very happy. As I said above, I WANT AMFA. I don't want the IAM or TWU for that matter.

Most likely, with the new rules, there will be a rerun election anyways since I can't see either the IAM or IBT dominating this vote. Especially, if AMFA or TWU write-in's happen. My hunch is that over 200 vote 'other' given the other unions involved at AMR. I'm surprised there is even a vote at US AIRWAYS MX since I thought the MX there were relatively content with the IAM, especially PIT. Without PIT, it will be tough to beat the IAM, imo. Whatever the case, Prez had some good points, but with a rerun, representation on US AIRWAYS MX may not be determined until 2014. Then after that is determined, another election would seem to soon follow with the AMR merger. regards,

Just a reminder what all the teamsters have done lately:

In the beginning the teamsters promised the AA membership that they WILL reopen their contract; They promised to get them industry leading pay; They have constantly lied about AMFA's record at other carriers (and proven to be wrong); They have lied about AMFA agreeing to outsourcing at UAL and SWA (and again proven wrong); It has been proven at both SWA and CAL that the teamsters have a record of doing "behind close door" deals in the middle of contract talks; They stabbed the TWU in the back by instead of working with the TWU to deflect the AMFA card drive, they decided to "raid" yes "RAID" and steel the AA membership from the TWU thru the back door; The teamsters have been caught red handed with forged and fraudulent cards and when approached, all of a sudden they get very, very quiet; The teamsters only want the US membership for their pensions, they already know they will lose against AMFA after integration, they just want the pensions to try and make up for their pension failures of the past at all airlines including their bred and butter UPS mechanics; And now to date the teamsters have promised to file for a representational election at AA 5-6 times now and never have (I have been corrected). All these lies, mistruths, forgery, fraudulent card collections, complete fabrications of what union did what at other airlines, and just knowing that the teamsters will say and do anything, I mean anything jus to get cards signed. They will spend millions upon millions of their members dues monies to fight off another union instead of pumping such funds into making their current membership stronger and healthier as a whole. Not to mention all the crooked illegal criminal acts that the teamsters have been convicted of in the past as well as current open cases of charges being brought against the teamsters and ibt. Plus look at a teamster/ibt LM forms to see how much membership dues monies they pay officers, as well as their secretaries, and to people that the membership have never heard of. And now the teamsters are raiding the US membership in order just to try and get more cards signed at AA. Another poster on here is correct, your contract will now be on hold (even though there was a request to be released) until after the representational election is done or after the teamsters are told they do not have enough cards. Yet another political move by the teamsters that will affect the membership and they don't care, they are only looking out for their bottom line, dues paying members---Period!!! Trust me, you US air guys do not want the teamsters representing you during integration nego's, just look at how that turned out for the AirTran guys. Hope you guys can open your eyes one day. teamsters are way worse than the IAM or even the TWU, so why would you want to pay more I dues for worse coverage??
Also don't be misled about the outsourcing history of the teamsters. With over 25 years of representation at SWA they let SWA farm out anything they wanted, no grievances won by the teamsters for any farmed out maint. AMFA has brought in 2 heavy lines of heavy maint., and bringing a third one in stating July 1st, brought "C" checks and mod lines as well as back shop work. At UPS the teamsters have agreed to farm out everything from some "B" Checks and above, the only thing UPS mechs do is light checks and over night (over day rather) checks only. At Cal prior to UAL merger also farmed everything heavy out. And soon they will allow UAL to farm out even more in the future, more than what the IAM have already gave up prior to AMFA coming in.
You guys are much better off staying with the IAM. The teamsters will sell you guys down the road just to try and defeat AMFA when the time comes (if they were to win a representational election) during the integration nego's. They did the exact same thing using the AirTran membership as puppets to try and do damage to AMFA, when they in fact did a lot of damage to the AirTran guys instead. Good luck guys, and hope that they (teamsters) are refused an election for now, so you guys can focus on your contract for now, then the integration...

Below is an article that even the news media knows how bad the teamsters will lie and make promises they will not follow thru with as stated in the last paragraph that I have posted below in quotes provided by me;

"The prospect of a union turf war is worrisome for the airlines because it could lead to the competing sides overpromising to try to win votes. That in turn could lead to more difficult negotiations with management as the winning union tries to make good on those promises."

NEW YORK (TheDeal) -- The unions representing ground workers at merger partners US Airways Group Inc. (LCC_) and AMR Corp. said this week that they plan to join forces amid a move by a third trade group to take over representation of the combined company.

The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, which represent mechanics and other ground workers at AMR unit American Airlines Inc., and the Transport Workers Union of America said they have signed joint agreements to represent nearly 30,000 mechanics, fleet services and other workers at the soon-to-be-merged airline.

The two groups will request that regulators hold elections among the combined employees after the close of the American-US Airways merger, expected later this year.

US Airways was gaining 1.5% to $19.10 in mid-morning trading.

"This agreement allows us to use our combined strength and resources on behalf of all our members as we move forward at the new American Airlines," TWU president James C. Little said in a statement. "Both unions have decades of experience representing workers at US Airways and American Airlines and both unions are members of the AFL-CIO."

The agreement comes weeks after the International Brotherhood of Teamsters signaled its intention to try to represent mechanics at the merged airline, a move that could potentially disrupt the airlines' hope for post-deal labor peace. The Teamsters have been working to represent mechanics at US Airways since October 2012, part of a broader ongoing turf war between unions seeking to increase their membership.

The two airlines in February announced plans to combine as part of AMR's emergence from bankruptcy in a deal that would create the world's largest carrier. US Airways worked hard in the months leading up to the announcement to win backing from AMR workers in hopes of ensuring post-deal labor peace.

The prospect of a union turf war is worrisome for the airlines because it could lead to the competing sides overpromising to try to win votes. That in turn could lead to more difficult negotiations with management as the winning union tries to make good on those promises.

Written by Lou Whiteman in New York

Reactions: 1 person
More bad news about ibt pensions

http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwardsiedle/2013/05/13/teamsters-multiemployer-pensions-on-brink-of-collapse-dol-asked-to-investigate/

This is how bad it is at AA with the TWU.
AA gets what they want through the TWU.
IAM pension is gone because the TWU agreed to freeze ours and the IAM pension will not be funded anymore. You can thank the TWU for giving up our Pension and your IAM pension as well.

IAM pension is gone because the TWU agreed to freeze ours and the IAM pension will not be funded anymore. You can thank the TWU for giving up our Pension and your IAM pension as well.

Why exactly will the IAM pension not be funded anymore?

Why exactly will the IAM pension not be funded anymore?

All pensions at AA are Frozen. My understanding is that USAir contributes to the IAM pension. If true then the contributions stop once we are all one big happy company.
If USAir contributes a portion and the rest from the IAM that may be a different situation but yet they want to join alliances (TWU and IAM) so we will see how that works out.

I may be mistaken so if I am please feel free to correct my statement.
I unlike the IAM, TWU and the IBT do not want to mis lead anyone on false or inaccurate information.

NO AMFA file at AA? Its after the 15th of May? What is the hold up now? I would think AMFA would have filed ASAP at AA due to the IBT filing at US or is the card count to low at AMFA at AA? This is not meant to sling mud! This IAM/TWU BS is why the IAM has to go...

All pensions at AA are Frozen. My understanding is that USAir contributes to the IAM pension. If true then the contributions stop once we are all one big happy company.
If USAir contributes a portion and the rest from the IAM that may be a different situation but yet they want to join alliances (TWU and IAM) so we will see how that works out.

I may be mistaken so if I am please feel free to correct my statement.
I unlike the IAM, TWU and the IBT do not want to mis lead anyone on false or inaccurate information.

The contributions will continue until there are negotiated away. The "one big happy company" cannot just decide to stop paying their contributations. It is a contractual item in the CBA. It will go away ONLY if it is given up in negotiations.

The IAM Pension is in the IAM CBA, it will be funded per the CBA unless it is negotiated away in the JCBA, but dont ever count on that happening, you have a 401k match at AA, the IAM has the IAMNPF at US.

What you have at AA has nothing to do with US, if that was the case since all the pensions at US were terminated, does that happen to your frozen pension at AA?

Nope, it doesnt.

NO AMFA file at AA? Its after the 15th of May? What is the hold up now? I would think AMFA would have filed ASAP at AA due to the IBT filing at US or is the card count to low at AMFA at AA? This is not meant to sling mud! This IAM/TWU BS is why the IAM has to go...

IBT filing at USAir has nothing to do with AA and AMFA. We are separate companies until the NMB declares us single carrier status. That won't happen until the end of the year the earliest. Do not panic. AMFA will file in a few weeks. Chill out and relax. It will happen. AMFA does not want to rush things over what is happening at USAir. Issues at USAir and AA are not affecting each other. It will be several months before things start coming together such as seniority integration, contractual, union representation and so on.