Teamsters filed at USAir for representation

More bad news about ibt pensions

http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwardsiedle/2013/05/13/teamsters-multiemployer-pensions-on-brink-of-collapse-dol-asked-to-investigate/

And the teamsters have the following verbage on their front page of the teamsters @ US airways web page:

IMPORTANT PENSION INFORMATION

With a strong track record of fighting for and winning safe, stable pensions, the Teamsters are our best choice to secure a retirement plan at the new combined carrier. Get the facts on our pension at US Airways. Click here to read the factsheet.

And this was posted after Hoffa has put out his letter that he was going to restructure the benny pay-out to a reduced amount that is barely over the amount they would all receive from the government if they were to take it over. You guys at US will be complete idiots if you bring the crooked teamsters in, and say good-buy to your pensions.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW, can you give us an update on what happened in IAM local 1976, i.e., how the Federal government found that the Local officers teamed up with company assistance in those officer elections? I was reading the DOL compliance reports and all it said was that the IAM agreed to a new election of union officers in that local due to getting assistance from the company. This latest IAM scandal couldn't have come at a worse time since the IBT is just days away from getting a representation election ordered. regards,

I am not a member of 1976 nor ever was, it was a Local Lodge issue I presume, not the International conspiring.

Anything else you want to post to feed the apathy and make the members not care?

And if they did something wrong, it would be in the report from the DOL.

Reactions: 2 people
And there is nothing on 1976's web page about running another election the election results were from Dec 2012.

700UW, can you give us an update on what happened in IAM local 1976, i.e., how the Federal government found that the Local officers teamed up with company assistance in those officer elections? I was reading the DOL compliance reports and all it said was that the IAM agreed to a new election of union officers in that local due to getting assistance from the company. This latest IAM scandal couldn't have come at a worse time since the IBT is just days away from getting a representation election ordered. regards,

Tim,

I dont understand you sometimes. Interesting that you research so much to discredit but then want to somehow help ?

Im not quite understanding you.......

Voluntary agreement.

On May 9, 2013, the Department entered into a voluntary compliance agreement with Machinists Local Lodge 1976 (located in Moon Township, Pa.), concerning its December 5, 2012 election of officers. Local Lodge 1976 agreed to conduct a new election for president, vice president, recording secretary, grievance committee chair, two grievance committee positions and two trustees under OLMS supervision on or before October 31, 2013. The OLMS investigation of the challenged election established that employer equipment and supplies were used to produce campaign literature that promoted the incumbent slate of officers in violation of section 401(g) of the LMRDA. The agreement follows an investigation by the OLMS Pittsburgh District Office.

Civil Enforcement:

On October 19, 2012, in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, Western Division, the Department filed suit against International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 848 (located in Covina, Calif.). The lawsuit seeks to nullify the union’s December 1, 2011 election for president, vice president, recording secretary, secretary-treasurer, and three trustee positions and seeks a new election under OLMS supervision for those officer positions. The lawsuit alleges the union violated the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) when the local subjected the complainant and her slate to a pre-election trial for campaign speech; failed to ensure the removal of a posted election committee decision from union bulletin boards which cast a negative view on the complainant and her slate following an international union decision reversing and voiding the penalties imposed; and by failing to adhere to voter eligibility requirements set forth in the union’s constitution and bylaws resulting in ineligible members being permitted to vote. The lawsuit follows an investigation by the OLMS Los Angeles District Office.

Criminal Enforcement:

On November 8, 2012, in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Ryan Forbes, former Secretary-Treasurer of Teamsters Local 1129 (located in Cartersville, Ga.), was sentenced to eight months in prison, three years of supervised release, and was ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $35,952.57. On August 28, 2012, Forbes pled guilty to one count of embezzling union funds, in violation of 29 U.S.C. 501(c). The sentencing follows an investigation by the OLMS Tampa Resident Investigator Office.

Voluntary agreement.

Civil Enforcement:

Criminal Enforcement:

Your first example dated May 9, 2013; Is the exact same thing that happened at SWA with the National officers Elections. Some of the running officers used company time, company materials, as well as companies copiers and tools. They were also campaigning on company time. As you have pointed out above, it will not be tolerated by law. Only when it happened to us, all the non-AMFA supporters were claiming that AMFA National was calling for a new election because they did not like who was voted in. This is not true at all. They were following the rule of law, as you see above at the IAM. If the IAM or AMFA allowed the elections to stand knowing these practices were used, the union would be facing fines, fees and possible further action.

Your 2nd and 3rd examples above dated Oct 19, 2012 and Nov 8, 2012 are just more examples of how the teamsters are always fraudulently using members union dues to "pad" their own pockets or accounts. This is the real and true representation you will get with the teamsters. They did it at SWA and CAL and they will continue to do so. It's in their blood, they can't quit...

20120927111_HOFFA.jpg

Tim,

I dont understand you sometimes. Interesting that you research so much to discredit but then want to somehow help ?

Im not quite understanding you.......
There is no "understanding" Nelson! He is completely schizophrenic when it comes to his love/hate relationship for unionism! If you go to the fleet thread… he has chosen a conciliatory stance, and seems to be supporting the 141 in both Fleet Negations, and the Coalition.

Click to another thread… and he is lambasting everything IAM-- The dude needs meds!

Nelson, what happened to your complaint with the DOL regarding the DL141 officer election last year?

The IBT and Outsourcing at UAL

[background=transparent]During bankruptcy at UAL under AMFA there was language added to the contract to audit the company every year to make sure the company would not exceed the 20% outsourcing agreement. Fast forward to 2008 when the IBT became our union. The IBT lost the 20% outsourcing grievance but supposedly continued the audit process. At least that’s what they said. Fast forward again to the present. Under our new contract there would be an outsourcing committee organized with “appointed” committeemen that would meet with the company to review outsourcing.[/background]
[background=transparent]I asked my local IBT officers about who was on the committee and have they met with the company. I asked for any updates on their meetings. I also asked about our 20% outsourcing audit that was supposedly in progress. I also asked about our B757′s being outsourced to AAR in Indianapolis and our B737′s to Mexico. The response?[/background]
[background=transparent]The response by those IBT Airline Division officers were, we were not aware of the outsourcing of those aircraft and no response about who is on the “committee” and when or if they have met with the company. Also, they stated that after five years of IBT representation the 20% outsourcing audits are null and void and the audit company the IBT hired will now have to start over.[/background]
[background=transparent]So long story short, the IBT has no idea how much work is outsourced and appears not to care. In fact they are ignoring the membership’s request for information on this issue.[/background]
[background=transparent]Is this a union you want to lead you through bankruptcy and to fight against outsourcing? I would think not. Don’t make the same mistake we at UAL have made. Go Craft Union.[/background]
[background=transparent]Go AMFA![/background]
[background=transparent]GT Davis, Denver Mechanic, Denmm[/background]

Sure we are not talking about the IAM at USAir? I would love to see a copy of the IAM's audit of the 50% billable hours at USAir, but so far all requests have been ignored................Thinking 142 has a "no email reply policy"....