Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

So true HSS. Great Point! Kind of like a "Rebel with a Lost Cause" so to speak. Informer doesn't give you enough credit in my opinion. You have him beat by miles with common sense, thought power and good judgment it seems, but don't tell him I said that because I think he and I are close to bonding. I'm hoping AMFA will give him a $10 Gift Certificate/Expense account for a business lunch so I can get a free meal. He keeps saying they are close to having enough cards signed so I figure they should start throwing BIG recruitment $money$ at him by way of 5 and 10 dollar certificates :lol: He has to have atleast have 20% locked in.

teamsters_little.jpg

The Dallas Morning News reported that Kelly's letter to Southwest's (NYSE: LUV) employees said that the company must rein in costs if it is to prosper in the future.

Thanks to the great TWU "fight like hell" negotiations and great cave in. We screwed the whole industry and this is just the start of the proof. The TWU just cant help themselves from lowering the bar for the industry. They will all use us as their poster child, proud union members we should be!

How convenient. Good timing. Right after our FIGHT LIKE HELL union allows this LBO to pass the others will follow. The TWU is a sham. A disgrace to this entire transportation industry. We at AA allowed this to happen because we as a group are weak minded and are afraid to step forward and say enough is enough. We as AMT's need to stop the division amongst ourselves and unite. WE ARE AMT's!!! Lets act like one. Do you really want the TWU to continue to represent us and negotiate our next contract? Lets show them the door. Sign a AMFA card today not tomorrow or next week. TODAY! How much more are you going to have shoved down our throats or shoved up our A$$?

AMFA is the only real choice we have today. There is no other.

I understand. And I understand your position and I wish you guys well. But reading Kelly's statement, it appears to be a tough sell.

I know how it looks. And he wants the mechs to look at all his media generated cost savings scare tactics to settle for less. This type of hype comes out everytime we are to open contract talks. It's one of the fist steps the company takes preparing for talks. It's way too hard to sell to the employees when the company is spending like crazy right now. Let's see, 1.4 billion for AT, more than 100 million added for cost to refurbish planes they don't want, huge contruction projects-- 3 story offices with new stores and shipping recieving docks with very, very expensive furnishings inside, constructing added parking will more than double parking, and also starting to demo older building to re-build, yet again, more office spaces as they are adding to the GO building again, not to mention the dispatchers new contract almost doubling their pay by a mediator comparing them to UPS, as well as their humongous signing bonuses (over 50K for some). Yea, GK, we really need to tighten our belts a little. We will not fall for it.

I have read here that the IBT is winning at the O/H facility, lots more cards signed than the AMFA guys have signed in all the drives. That this was done in just a few short months. If you are supporting the IBT show us with proof that they are better than the TWU with facts.

I just would like to know why with all the support that the O/H base has given to the TWU in the Past to support them. Why hasn't the TWU come out with the Help of the AFL-CIO like they did during past AMFA drives. We got flyers and other stuff putting AMFA down from the TWU but I see nothing and have not heard any comment by the TWU Intl that both AMFA and IBT are attempting to disrupt the world they have built. WHY is that do you think?

This TA has put us here at AA back into the stone age. All the money spent on past negotiations just wasted. Why don't you ask Don V or Bobby G. that? Ask them if they get voted out will they take all the money that the union memebers put into the local, and walk away. The answer to that will be yes.
Union dues paid to any union is thier money NOT yours. They will say it was for the representation they gave you and for negotiation of your contract. So compairing AMFA/IBT/TWU and how much money they have in any local when they are voted out is crazy.

Watch and learn folks. More details will be out soon. But I will tell you this, SWA will not have another contract unless we are brought up to or over current UPS wages. BTW; SWA wants this done by the end of the first quarter of 2013. Not saying it will happen by then, but they are in a rush for some reason or another.
AMFA is not promising this as you state. Matter fact I am not promising it either. I am simply making a wager with you, in hopes that we will. No one, AMFA or an individual mech, as myself, could promise anything like that. However the teamsters have at United, as well as at AA while trying to get all you guys to sign a teamster card. Again AMFA has not issued any promises, as you state above, to leap frog UPS's wages. This is all my own verbage about leap frogging UPS's wages, not AMFA. I will still stay with our wager of us falling within the 2 dollars you have previously offered.

First you reply to me claiming that Southwest will NOT have another contract unless you leap frog UPS, then you reply to Anomaly saying that is only your opinion. In one statement you make it sound like SWA is going to pay it or else, but then you claim it's only your opinion, Which is it, higher wages than UPS, or not? Coming within $2.00 of UPS wages is not leap frogging them either.

Reactions: 1 person
First you reply to me claiming that Southwest will NOT have another contract unless you leap frog UPS, then you reply to Anomaly saying that is only your opinion. In one statement you make it sound like SWA is going to pay it or else, but then you claim it's only your opinion, Which is it, higher wages than UPS, or not? Coming within $2.00 of UPS wages is not leap frogging them either.

You honestly cannot seperate that which is an individual's opinion.
And that which Anomaly tried to spin into and claimed was an "AMFA" promise?

Really?

twoface_ibt.jpg

None of us really knows if the TWU gave the address and phone numbers of the aircraft maintenance, facilities, automotive mechanics of AA to the IBT. BUT since thier are members who feel that it was a big deal that the IBT has the money. Well here is an IDEA lets help them spend it. I would assume that until the cards are mailed back to them there will be NO postal charges. Well send them back, write AMFA in them and put it in the mail box

Reactions: 3 people
None of us really knows if the TWU gave the address and phone numbers of the aircraft maintenance, facilities, automotive mechanics of AA to the IBT. BUT since thier are members who feel that it was a big deal that the IBT has the money. Well here is an IDEA lets help them spend it. I would assume that until the cards are mailed back to them there will be NO postal charges. Well send them back, write AMFA in them and put it in the mail box

How do I get cards? We need to save the USPS from their debt. We can do our part by having the Teamsters help out the USPS make money.

You know very well that postings on here are of my own. For all you that try to read too deep I will rephrase it for you.
I will not vote yes for a contract less than UPS's current top out rate. This is me personally.
This does not mean that a contract won't get voted in, and if it does, (this is where the wager part comes in b-tween Anomaly and I) I am simply stating that it will be easily within 2.00 of the current UPS top out wage.
Nice try to try and twist my verbage up. But I think you were reading in to it too deep.

You honestly cannot seperate that which is an individual's opinion.
And that which Anomaly tried to spin into and claimed was an "AMFA" promise?

Really?

twoface_ibt.jpg

They are desperately grasping now. Looking for anything to try and discredit anything or anybody with AMFA.
By doing this, they are looking very deperate, and it's starting to ware on them. Gotta love this stuff man...

The ibt has claimed that they have cleaned up the teamsters. To this day they still are using members dues monies for other than union bus. They just now know how to better hide the proccesses. But just remember, there is always a money trail, and they always follow the money.
200K per year on Lincohn Town cars. WOW!! That sounds like what Local 19 in Dallas was doing, oh wait a minute, that guy was in Dallas, HMMMMMMM...

You know very well that postings on here are of my own. For all you that try to read too deep I will rephrase it for you.
I will not vote yes for a contract less than UPS's current top out rate. This is me personally.
This does not mean that a contract won't get voted in, and if it does, (this is where the wager part comes in b-tween Anomaly and I) I am simply stating that it will be easily within 2.00 of the current UPS top out wage.
Nice try to try and twist my verbage up. But I think you were reading in to it too deep.

I can only dream of saying that I will not vote yes for a contract less than UPS's current top rate, heck I am not even sure that we reached their starting rate. Because, I am simply stating that our new agreement will be easily within $20.00 of the current UPS top out rate. :blink:

I wish you guys luck with raising the bar yet again. Even our "middle of the pack" adjustment has excluded Southwest, because why would we want to have to match salaries with their renegade union that keeps trying to push the bar higher. :eek: But at least we were able to match you guys on outsourcing. :p

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts