Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

How do I get cards? We need to save the USPS from their debt. We can do our part by having the Teamsters help out the USPS make money.
1AA

In the package that the IBT is sending out is a card since they are sending to us like I suggest write AMFA on it and send it back. Lets help the usps cut debt and save jobs with the help of the teamsters money.

I can only dream of saying that I will not vote yes for a contract less than UPS's current top rate, heck I am not even sure that we reached their starting rate. Because, I am simply stating that our new agreement will be easily within $20.00 of the current UPS top out rate. :blink:

I wish you guys luck with raising the bar yet again. Even our "middle of the pack" adjustment has excluded Southwest, because why would we want to have to match salaries with their renegade union that keeps trying to push the bar higher. :eek: But at least we were able to match you guys on outsourcing. :p

Keep in mind that the Wage adjustment is only that-wage. Our contract is bottom of the industry in EVERY measure, its even inferior to Non-union terms of employment. Just the Holidays alone leaves us with around the equivelent of 100 less hours pay per year, if the average is $38/hr, then thats around $3800 a year less. So lets say in three years UAL is making $38, USAIR is making $37.75 and Delta is making $37.50, the adjustment would bring us up to USAIRs Wage of $37.75, but we really wouldnt be making anywhere near what USAIR would be meaking as far as total compensation, just the Holdays alone knocks us down by around $1.80/hr behind them in this possible example, then add in a weeks less vacation at all steps , that knocks it down around $ .75 an hour, then the sick time, 5 days with the first at half pay, and thats not even counting the workrules and the overpriced Medical which will likely cost you around $10,000 out of pocket if you or a family member need any sort of an operation or has a serious illness (it could be even more since there is no longer any out of pocket max).

Keep in mind that the Wage adjustment is only that-wage. Our contract is bottom of the industry in EVERY measure, its even inferior to Non-union terms of employment. Just the Holidays alone leaves us with around the equivelent of 100 less hours pay per year, if the average is $38/hr, then thats around $3800 a year less. So lets say in three years UAL is making $38, USAIR is making $37.75 and Delta is making $37.50, the adjustment would bring us up to USAIRs Wage of $37.75, but we really wouldnt be making anywhere near what USAIR would be meaking as far as total compensation, just the Holdays alone knocks us down by around $1.80/hr behind them in this possible example, then add in a weeks less vacation at all steps , that knocks it down around $ .75 an hour, then the sick time, 5 days with the first at half pay, and thats not even counting the workrules and the overpriced Medical which will likely cost you around $10,000 out of pocket if you or a family member need any sort of an operation or has a serious illness (it could be even more since there is no longer any out of pocket max).

Seems we are not alone in increased premiums and out of pocket expenses.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/11/usa-healthcare-insurance-idUSL2E8K7FRV20120911

Bob that was a choice you told members to take by leading the no vote since 2010. You have cost many AA union brothers many thousands of dollars, there is good and evil which side are you on.

Bob that was a choice you told members to take by leading the no vote since 2010. You have cost many AA union brothers many thousands of dollars, there is good and evil which side are you on.

Mark

I told them to vote NO in 2003 as well.

The only ones that cost us money are those who voted to give everything away, such as yourself.

I voted my conscious and I do not know any mark.
btw I voted no on LBO I and LBO II.
But not because of your rhetoric it was the right thing to do after this company lied and deceived its employees and continues to do so but our members do not see it.

But not because of your rhetoric it was the right thing to do after this company lied and deceived its employees and continues to do so but our members do not see it.
So if you voted NO why are you making this a personal issue with Bob? You should read what you post before you post. You sound like a _______. You can fill in the blank.

Reactions: 1 person
It isn't personal with bob he wants to be a leader then he needs to lead.
are you one of his ass wipes. Let Bob defend himself.

Riddle me this;

when has the TWU ATD international ever told us to vote "NO" on any concessionary contract?

so if you want to talk about leading, The international blames everyone else for their failure to secure us a respectable contract to vote on. The company dictates the negotiations and the International just passes it on to the negotiating committee. If that is what they consider fighting like hell no wonder we arein bad shape! If you were listening duringthe so called negotiations, we were told over and over there was no negotiations and our leadership of the TWU sits on the sidelines and tells the negotiating committee "what ever you guys want to do". "you guys" like they are seperate from us. oh thats right they are, our concessions do not affect our international officers.

Reactions: 2 people
You know very well that postings on here are of my own. For all you that try to read too deep I will rephrase it for you.
I will not vote yes for a contract less than UPS's current top out rate. This is me personally.
This does not mean that a contract won't get voted in, and if it does, (this is where the wager part comes in b-tween Anomaly and I) I am simply stating that it will be easily within 2.00 of the current UPS top out wage.
Nice try to try and twist my verbage up. But I think you were reading in to it too deep.

You back peddle fast.

Let me help you out here. Current contract with last raise on 8-16-12, and without bonus coming next month, a dayshift line (or hangar) mech, as we are treated the same in AMFA, is currently at 43.87, eves is at 44.45, graves is at 44.50. Add 6% to base for leads and inspectors, and add another 6% for lead inspectors. Just want you to have all the info before wager is set. I'm still in. Are you?
AMFA is not promising this as you state. Matter fact I am not promising it either. I am simply making a wager with you, in hopes that we will. No one, AMFA or an individual mech, as myself, could promise anything like that. However the teamsters have at United, as well as at AA while trying to get all you guys to sign a teamster card. Again AMFA has not issued any promises, as you state above, to leap frog UPS's wages. This is all my own verbage about leap frogging UPS's wages, not AMFA. I will still stay with our wager of us falling within the 2 dollars you have previously offered.

I still say there is no way this can be done by an association with almost zero real negotiating experience against a hostile airline. At UAL, when up against an un-friendly management, they failed miserably. There are those who excuse this with the bankruptcy, but still, shouldn't you expect more from your union? Isn't the that trouble with AA mechanics now? We expected more from amfa at UAL. They did not know how to deliver.

Traditionally, amfa has always chosen the easiest and least expensive avenue for negotiations. Extend when ever possible. My prediction is your association will settle either for an extension, or you will be asked for some type of concessions. I base this look in to my crystal ball on the recent sound bites coming from various news sources on higher than expected costs at SWA.

Of course I am still in.

As for your numbers, you claim hangar and line are treated the same. But in all honesty, reviewing the details of your last few stock holder reports, SWA aircraft maintenance model system wide is based on a theory of line maintenance. To be fair, you are not anything like AA who still does major hangar work and overhauls. SWA aircraft maintenance in general is more of a glorified line maintenance system. Be honest, you have no real overhaul categories even at your base, am I correct?

twoface_ibt.jpg

You know very well that postings on here are of my own. For all you that try to read too deep I will rephrase it for you.
I will not vote yes for a contract less than UPS's current top out rate. This is me personally.
This does not mean that a contract won't get voted in, and if it does, (this is where the wager part comes in b-tween Anomaly and I) I am simply stating that it will be easily within 2.00 of the current UPS top out wage.
Nice try to try and twist my verbage up. But I think you were reading in to it too deep.

I don't think I read to much into your post. Your post #133 plainly states "Watch and learn folks. More details will be out soon. But I will tell you this, SWA will not have another contract unless we are brought up to or over current UPS wages. BTW; SWA wants this done by the end of the first quarter of 2013. Not saying it will happen by then, but they are in a rush for some reason or another".

The way I read it is that there is no way SWA will get out of paying UPS wages.

It wasn't until later you said that was your opinion, and you would vote against anything unless is was equal to UPS wages. Which was probably a correction/update to your other post.

I hope that AMFA will be a lot stronger than our TWU is, good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 person