Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

unionguy1,
What you stated you heard true, but there's more. Speaking from experience, yes our generics can run between 4-7 bucks depending on the medicine. Name brands can run from 10-25 plus totally dependant of the medicine and/or if it is a maintenance drug at that. So there is a wide margine depending on the drugs you are buying, however the lowest is 4 the highest may in fact be higher than I have posted. The reason I say this is because I would think cancer meds run much higher. Hope this helps.

Just curious SWAMT, do you have any premiums for medical? At UAL in SFO, many of us on an HMO have zero payments. Meds, like yours, have different costs.

The costs and plans are different in other stations even within UAL however, mostly depending upon the availability of HMO's or health plans in that area. Also the price I posted is for sub UAL employees only. Former CO employees work off a different plan for now. Theirs can be expensive with high monthly premiums.

it won't get fixed because union's, corporate america, and politicians are incahoots against the working man. They put on a great show.....like the TWU that "we're going to fight like hell" only to roll over and play dead.....all the while bamboozling everybody they represent. It's a big sham. The union and company are at work destroying the working man.

You are a real sucker for the kool-aid strikeforce. Swallow that crap by the bucket. The unions ARE the working man. are you saying amfa is not a union? I agree, but to blame the plight of us on the unions, when we make up the unions, is exactly what is wrong with our society. Everyone including you is willing and ready to blame the working man.

With that said, what does the FAA have anything to do with how your bargaining agent views the profession they represent?? I said that AMFA believes SWA amt's are worth as much as UPS mechanics. That's why they go into negotiations and get top dollar for their amt's.

Wrong again. amfa gets top dollar for those REMAINING amt's and will sell out others within our craft. amfa started its sordid history excluding everyone but line mechanics. Eventually, they began to take on the rest of the skills, including welders, that make an airline run, but this definitely was not part of Dells original plan. He wanted to represent all LINE mechanics believing this was the real power of the 'highly skilled aircraft mechanics unions'. Just check out some of the contracts of the airlines they represent. amfa won high dollar contracts at SWA ONLY, but the price was high and paid by limiting growth of the craft at the airline and allowing foreign outsourcing. Alaska is still quarely in the middle and just below UAL.

There isn't a union on the planet that will stop the outsourcing of good paying MX jobs.......why not try and get top dollars for the remaining jobs? That's something the TWU failed in getting. They failed because they're incahoots with AA. I tend to believe that somehow AA paying TWU's legal fees had something to do with the outcome.

Bingo! I agree with your first sentence. This would include associations as well. Face it, the demise to the industry is ourselves. Long ago we chose to fight each other instead of taking on the corporations who are taking our jobs and sending them to low cost states. Not always low cost countries, low cost states.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes493011.htm
the state with the highest number of aircraft mechanics is Texas, but they are one of the lowest paid states in the nation. Third party maintenance centers will continue to errode our craft, and states like Texas will help them fight the unions by providing a steady streamof low cost labor.

amfa, with it's measly presence and narrow views, will not help. Complaing all you want about the Industrial Unions, but quite frankly, they are our best hope for coming out of this ballt in tact. We can do this only if we stop fighting amoungstourselves and select ONE union to focus on and support. The IBT is way ahead of amfa in this race, and has the resources and name recognition to boot. Ask your neighbors of they have heard of Jimmy Hoffa, then ask them if they have heard of Louie Keys.

Strikeforce, you should take some time to learn the history of amfa. This is not the case at all. amfa is for line mechanics period. They have little desire to represent ALL mechanics. Just go back and take a look at their past contracts and see who gets thrown under the bus first.
You're right. And, that's because Line MX is an everyday necessity for airlines. Delle Femine saw opprotunities in Line MX......not so much in OH. sorry. He was right, wasn't he.

You are a real sucker for the kool-aid strikeforce. Swallow that crap by the bucket. The unions ARE the working man. are you saying amfa is not a union? I agree, but to blame the plight of us on the unions, when we make up the unions, is exactly what is wrong with our society. Everyone including you is willing and ready to blame the working man.

Wrong again. amfa gets top dollar for those REMAINING amt's and will sell out others within our craft. amfa started its sordid history excluding everyone but line mechanics. Eventually, they began to take on the rest of the skills, including welders, that make an airline run, but this definitely was not part of Dells original plan. He wanted to represent all LINE mechanics believing this was the real power of the 'highly skilled aircraft mechanics unions'. Just check out some of the contracts of the airlines they represent. amfa won high dollar contracts at SWA ONLY, but the price was high and paid by limiting growth of the craft at the airline and allowing foreign outsourcing. Alaska is still quarely in the middle and just below UAL.

Bingo! I agree with your first sentence. This would include associations as well. Face it, the demise to the industry is ourselves. Long ago we chose to fight each other instead of taking on the corporations who are taking our jobs and sending them to low cost states. Not always low cost countries, low cost states.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, http://www.bls.gov/o...t/oes493011.htm
the state with the highest number of aircraft mechanics is Texas, but they are one of the lowest paid states in the nation. Third party maintenance centers will continue to errode our craft, and states like Texas will help them fight the unions by providing a steady streamof low cost labor.

amfa, with it's measly presence and narrow views, will not help. Complaing all you want about the Industrial Unions, but quite frankly, they are our best hope for coming out of this ballt in tact. We can do this only if we stop fighting amoungstourselves and select ONE union to focus on and support. The IBT is way ahead of amfa in this race, and has the resources and name recognition to boot. Ask your neighbors of they have heard of Jimmy Hoffa, then ask them if they have heard of Louie Keys.
You can sit there and defend the industrialized unions all you want, but I see them, along with many others including my neighbors, as taking your money and doing very little for the working man. I gave over $12K in union dues over 22 years, only to get sucked into giving AA over $200K in concessions over 9 years. How can you possibly sit there and defend the industrialized unions?? They suck, dude!
Oh, I see, you happen to be in the INTL......making a six-figure income, six-figure pension, driving fancy cars, and flying first-class on AA's dime and our dime......I would defend them too!

Reactions: 2 people

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, http://www.bls.gov/o...t/oes493011.htm

So, you're agreeing that OH is a dying breed....Delle Femine was right all along, and that's why he went after the Line MX part of aircraft maintenance. He wasn't saying that Line mechanics are better than OH mechanics.....airlines need line mechanics at the gate.....they don't necessarily need OH mechanics from Tulsa to do OH. And, I agree, mechanics should focus on ONE union.....and if you want top dollar, GO AMFA!

Reactions: 1 person
You can sit there and defend the industrialized unions all you want, but I see them, along with many others including my neighbors, as taking your money and doing very little for the working man. I gave over $12K in union dues over 22 years, only to get sucked into giving AA over $200K in concessions over 9 years. How can you possibly sit there and defend the industrialized unions?? They suck, dude!
Oh, I see, you happen to be in the INTL......making a six-figure income, six-figure pension, driving fancy cars, and flying first-class on AA's dime and our dime......I would defend them too!

anomaly is in the International?

He doesn't have to work anything but his mouth and fingers.

He won't have to live on the contract that the twu pushed on their members.

He won't get layed off.

Unless AMFA gets voted in. (can you imagine the heart rending squeals from the twu international?)

Priceless!!

Never balmed it on the working man. re-read my post. I blamed union leadership for the demise of the working man. Union leadership like the TWU.....that has a cushy and friendly relationship with management. It's easy for union leaders to act tough in front of their members " when they don't have skin in the game". But, if their salary was based on a percentage of the amt wage.....I gaurantee "they would have fought like hell", but they don't have to when your immune from concessions.

Strikeforce, you should take some time to learn the history of amfa. This is not the case at all. amfa is for line mechanics period. They have little desire to represent ALL mechanics. Just go back and take a look at their past contracts and see who gets thrown under the bus first.
you need to read my post.......What I said was AMFA believes their amt's should be paid comparable, and leading wages.....whether that amt is fixing cargo or pax. planes. I can only compare the TWU's philoshophy......and they NEVER use cargo amt's as a basis for negotiating wages. AA has never used cargo. I'm with AMFA.....does it really matter if you work on cargo or pax. planes.....we're both amt's with an A&P license.

Third Party OH maintenance will continue to errode our craft. Not so much on the Line Maintenance side. You can fly the airplane to any state or country for OH......very hard to do when the bird is broke at the gate with steaming pax. breathing down your neck. And, that's where AMFA saw the opprotunity for top wages. UPS, FED EX, SWA....and even JetBlue are willing to pay top dollar for LINE MX because those trips mean revenue. They can care less about a plane sitting in a hangar for 20 or 30 days.

Some airlines are willing to pay top dollar, if they're allowed to offset OH. And, the TWU & IAM aren't willing to give up the dues machine for top wages. It's that simple dude!

The ibt, with all their supposed power and resources, couldn't stop the outsourcing of maintenance at Horizon Air- A REGIONAL CARRIER- What hope do they have dealing with American?

You're right. And, that's because Line MX is an everyday necessity for airlines. Delle Femine saw opprotunities in Line MX......not so much in OH. sorry. He was right, wasn't he.

Tell that to the MRO industry that is now a several BILLION dollar business. Nice going Dell.

Third Party OH maintenance will continue to errode our craft. Not so much on the Line Maintenance side. You can fly the airplane to any state or country for OH......very hard to do when the bird is broke at the gate with steaming pax. breathing down your neck. And, that's where AMFA saw the opprotunity for top wages. UPS, FED EX, SWA....and even JetBlue are willing to pay top dollar for LINE MX because those trips mean revenue. They can care less about a plane sitting in a hangar for 20 or 30 days.

Some airlines are willing to pay top dollar, if they're allowed to offset OH. And, the TWU & IAM aren't willing to give up the dues machine for top wages. It's that simple dude!

Are you living under a rock? There ARE many airlines that outsource line maintenance to vendors. Don't find fool yourself with the amfa rhetoric that we are irreplaceable and can control the airline with our skill. That act did not play out so well for NWA did it?

So, you're agreeing that OH is a dying breed....Delle Femine was right all along, and that's why he went after the Line MX part of aircraft maintenance. He wasn't saying that Line mechanics are better than OH mechanics.....airlines need line mechanics at the gate.....they don't necessarily need OH mechanics from Tulsa to do OH. And, I agree, mechanics should focus on ONE union.....and if you want top dollar, GO AMFA!

Thanks you for proving my point. AMFA DOES NOT WANT OVERHAUL MECHANICS. THEY ONLY WANT TO REPRESENT LINE MECHANICS.

twoface_ibt.jpg