Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

Thanks you for proving my point. AMFA DOES NOT WANT OVERHAUL MECHANICS. THEY ONLY WANT TO REPRESENT LINE MECHANICS.

You are so full of sh#t. AMFA cares about all mechs. Line, O/H, hanger, gse, plant maint, ect.. Does not matter with AMFA, they treat ALL mechs the same guys. Anomaly has "0" credit out here. This is just yet another of his many many lies to try and steer all the Tulsa guys away from AMFA. So tell us Anomaly, why did it take an outsider union, AMFA, to represent an AA "OSM mechainic" represented by the TWU to get his job back with full back pay and allattorney fees paid??? How pathetic, and this is not the first time, AMFA has done this for other mechs at AA represented by TWU. This speaks volumes. What says you about these issues Anomaly??? Stick to the topic question only...

Anomaly is worried about losing his International position or he is sucking up to get one in the near future. Either way he is sucking up to the TWU. His judgment is cloudy. He needs to reset and start over again. I hope most of these TWU stooges will give up their fight for a International position and come to terms that the TWU is on its way out.

You are so full of sh#t. AMFA cares about all mechs. Line, O/H, hanger, gse, plant maint, ect.. Does not matter with AMFA, they treat ALL mechs the same guys. Anomaly has "0" credit out here. This is just yet another of his many many lies to try and steer all the Tulsa guys away from AMFA. So tell us Anomaly, why did it take an outsider union, AMFA, to represent an AA "OSM mechainic" represented by the TWU to get his job back with full back pay and allattorney fees paid??? How pathetic, and this is not the first time, AMFA has done this for other mechs at AA represented by TWU. This speaks volumes. What says you about these issues Anomaly??? Stick to the topic question only...

amfa is a union made up by what the members want, at least that is what you claim. My statement that you so vehemently disagree with; Thanks you for proving my point. AMFA DOES NOT WANT OVERHAUL MECHANICS. THEY ONLY WANT TO REPRESENT LINE MECHANICS, was a simple summation of the following posts by your fellow amfa supporter STIKEFORCE.

You're right. And, that's because Line MX is an everyday necessity for airlines. Delle Femine saw opprotunities in Line MX......not so much in OH. sorry. He was right, wasn't he.
Third Party OH maintenance will continue to errode our craft. Not so much on the Line Maintenance side. You can fly the airplane to any state or country for OH......very hard to do when the bird is broke at the gate with steaming pax. breathing down your neck. And, that's where AMFA saw the opprotunity for top wages. UPS, FED EX, SWA....and even JetBlue are willing to pay top dollar for LINE MX because those trips mean revenue. They can care less about a plane sitting in a hangar for 20 or 30 days.

Some airlines are willing to pay top dollar, if they're allowed to offset OH. And, the TWU & IAM aren't willing to give up the dues machine for top wages. It's that simple dude!
So, you're agreeing that OH is a dying breed....Delle Femine was right all along, and that's why he went after the Line MX part of aircraft maintenance. He wasn't saying that Line mechanics are better than OH mechanics.....airlines need line mechanics at the gate.....they don't necessarily need OH mechanics from Tulsa to do OH. And, I agree, mechanics should focus on ONE union.....and if you want top dollar, GO AMFA!

Maybe he just knows the truth about amfa and who they REALLY represent? AT SWA, you are more satisfied with sending overhaul to South America in return for wage improvements for line maintenance. At Alaska, hangar maintenance and overhaul stations have been willingly given up in return for guarantees for line maintenance. At Mesaba.....well that is just a sad sad story all the way around. amfa unceremoniously just walked away from them.

You are just upset because your supporters can not keep up your veiled cloak of fake support for overhaul.

Tell that to the MRO industry that is now a several BILLION dollar business. Nice going Dell.

Are you living under a rock? There ARE many airlines that outsource line maintenance to vendors. Don't find fool yourself with the amfa rhetoric that we are irreplaceable and can control the airline with our skill. That act did not play out so well for NWA did it?

And why haven't the Teamsters organized that industry instead of the about face raid here? If there's so much opportunity there why hasnt the Teamsters had much success?

Lets face it, you arent saying anything new here. Sure, plenty of airlines outsource some of their line maint, but nobody outsources all of it. Peoples Express tried that, they became known as Peoples Distress. Airlines have been outsourcing line maint as long as I've been in this industry. They arent going to staff every city they fly into with mechanics, there arent enough available to do that anymore even if they wanted to.

And why haven't the Teamsters organized that industry instead of the about face raid here? If there's so much opportunity there why hasnt the Teamsters had much success?

Lets face it, you arent saying anything new here. Sure, plenty of airlines outsource some of their line maint, but nobody outsources all of it. Peoples Express tried that, they became known as Peoples Distress. Airlines have been outsourcing line maint as long as I've been in this industry. They arent going to staff every city they fly into with mechanics, there arent enough available to do that anymore even if they wanted to.

A very good question. I have been asking them the same thing. I wish the Teamsters would focus some of their energy on the MRO's. Nobody else seems to want to.

A very good question. I have been asking them the same thing. I wish the Teamsters would focus some of their energy on the MRO's. Nobody else seems to want to.

Turnover, people dont stay at MROs, the A&Ps go there to get experience (and there's fewer and fewer of them) and the Non-A&Ps simply leave for other industries. Its hard to organize when there's a lot of turnover. By the time you file, a big chunk of the workforce that signed is gone.

AA already had the ATD sign off on doing away with an experience requirement. Right in the middle of negotiations as the company said no the TWU-ATD said Yes (and to supprting anti-trust immunity as well). The Airlines will be recuiting directly from the Schools, AA will become the training ground for the rest of the industry, like they were in the late 80s until EAL went under and freed up a lot of experienced guys and AA used the Flex Rate to fill their ranks.

Turnover, people dont stay at MROs, the A&Ps go there to get experience (and there's fewer and fewer of them) and the Non-A&Ps simply leave for other industries. Its hard to organize when there's a lot of turnover. By the time you file, a big chunk of the workforce that signed is gone.

AA already had the ATD sign off on doing away with an experience requirement. Right in the middle of negotiations as the company said no the TWU-ATD said Yes (and to supprting anti-trust immunity as well). The Airlines will be recuiting directly from the Schools, AA will become the training ground for the rest of the industry, like they were in the late 80s until EAL went under and freed up a lot of experienced guys and AA used the Flex Rate to fill their ranks.

FX is already doing that with their MTP program(maint training program) guys right of school reinstated from years past. Their goal was to get younger guys in on the ground floor and build experience with low pay..Problem is that a lot of those guys started throwing boxes years ago when the old MTP program was in effect then FX pulled it. So instead of them going out to get A/C experience they stayed throwing boxes now the program is back but these guys are now in their 40's so their experiment is not working out as planned.

Are you living under a rock? There ARE many airlines that outsource line maintenance to vendors. Don't find fool yourself with the amfa rhetoric that we are irreplaceable and can control the airline with our skill. That act did not play out so well for NWA did it?

Listen ass clown skill can work it got us a 13 dollar an hr raise in 2001 in our very first contract and almost triple my retirement at that time and all the Iam could bring us back was a mediocre contract in fact it was down right piss poor and in the best of airline times this was before the 9/11 attack. They proved that us being tied to unskilled labor was bringing us down. Now the NWA deal was unique NW wanted AMFA gone we were too militant for NW unlike the lapdog industrial unions you seem to promote. It always chapped my ass that I was forced to belong to be in a union with the masses. The dispatchers certainly don't have to worry about that or the pilots or even F/A's. But noooo. We as certificated AMT's cannot even have our own union cuz it pisses off the ramp and stores and whoever. I have been through all that. You don't like AMFA I get it you are on the Ibt payrolll obviously. But in the case of AA I find it funny that the Twu secretary makes more that 2x what an AMT makes there. Speaks volumes to me. You have no defense NONE regarding the Twu.

Reactions: 5 people
I had the teamsters tools come to my house Saturday, to bad I wasn't home they left a door hanger would have loved to give them a big hell no

Reactions: 1 person
I had the teamsters tools come to my house Saturday, to bad I wasn't home they left a door hanger would have loved to give them a big hell no

WOW, what support in Tulsa for the Teamsters, Let me count 1, 2, 3.........
American Airlines Mechanics Rally For Break From TWU

19613658_SA.jpg