Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

I don't know why you guys are so hard up on getting AMFA. Didn't they bring down the United Mechanics. UAL Mechanics got rid of them. UAL seem to be doing well with teamsters. I don't get it..can someone explain why AMFA is better than Teamsters.

What I hear most is that we have been suppressed by a union that appoints unqualified company men to positions of power that control our contract and our destiny, and the Teamsters would be no different. In fact, under the Teamsters we would be worse off than the TWU by the $400 a year increase in dues, not having our own locals, appointed business agents to the positions that count, etc.

So yes, the AMFA's democracy would allow for them at AA to be better than the Teamsters and the TWU, but the TWU is still better than the Teamsters.

We will either change for the better, or torment the existing union. :eek:

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know why you guys are so hard up on getting AMFA. Didn't they bring down the United Mechanics. UAL Mechanics got rid of them. UAL seem to be doing well with teamsters. I don't get it..can someone explain why AMFA is better than Teamsters.

You might as well say TWU drove AA to bankruptcy.
That's the same old yarn spun by AFL-CIO for years. It's time for a change. AMFA is your best option with the top contracts in our industry.

Reactions: 1 person
Why is that users like you that believe they have something important to add to the discussion, and once asked or are required to give specific details, the "personal attacks" is the only rebuttal?

If you have something negative beyond just your opinion to opine about here, then share the specifics. Otherwise get to the back of the bus and shut up. That is where the rest of the whiners hang out.
Nice one, treating an "ACTUAL" AMFA Frontline Rep/Leader like that. Tsk Tsk. I guess when they don't praise/idolize AMFA as you do then they are just down right WRONG! and their input is considered a "Personal Attack" and not welcomed. Personal Attack, lmao you guys and your sensitive type terminology. Too Funny!

Do we really have to go over all that again? Did you just show up from the soup kitchen line? All the answers are on this forum and all over the Internet. Do some searching and I will almost guarantee you will not ask this question again unless you are a Teamsters or TWU supporter.

Do we really have to go over all that again? Did you just show up from the soup kitchen line? All the answers are on this forum and all over the Internet. Do some searching and I will almost guarantee you will not ask this question again unless you are a Teamsters or TWU supporter.

AMFAinMIAMI thanks for setting me straight. For the record, i am not a Teamster Organizer. Plus I am not attacking anyone!!! If you look in AMFA's Newsletter Grapevine 2009 Issue #3, "United we Stand" pg 6. Try not to pee yourself, or bust a good laugh. Plus I am sincere when I say the AA AMT will be a wecomed addition to AMFA. I just don't feel this is going to get you a "top contract" in our industry. And I am sure it's not going to give you anymore power/control over how the company deals with you, at any time. (Negotiation or day by day).

AMFAinMIAMI thanks for setting me straight. For the record, i am not a Teamster Organizer. Plus I am not attacking anyone!!! If you look in AMFA's Newsletter Grapevine 2009 Issue #3, "United we Stand" pg 6. Try not to pee yourself, or bust a good laugh. Plus I am sincere when I say the AA AMT will be a wecomed addition to AMFA. I just don't feel this is going to get you a "top contract" in our industry. And I am sure it's not going to give you anymore power/control over how the company deals with you, at any time. (Negotiation or day by day).

amtcraig1

Your welcome and Iam not under any illusion that AMFA is going to bring to AA a top of the industry contract what I am hoping for is to remove the dead weight that the amt's of the airlines have been carrying for ever. Giving us the say as what happens with every part of our negotiations. Being able to remove Officers that are not doing thier job, which is to look out for the best interest of the amt & related.
Don't want to offend the AUTO/Facilities/Title1cleaners.
They are and will be part of our class and craft as well represented by the AMFA.

It is time to cut the TWU loose, send them on thier way. Its ok if they represent the ramp store and any other faction here at AA. I just DON'T want the representing MY class and craft.

Reactions: 1 person

Craig,

No one ever claimed that AMFA would magically get us a "top contract" at AA after we remove the twu and elect AMFA. The whole reason behind removing the twu is to bring democracy and accountability back to unionism and make that union a craft union. anamoly, cio/hss and the other twu supporting alias using posters here can not defend the twu because the twu does not have true democracy or accountability.

AMFA never claimed to give us more power over the company. AMFA provides us with power over the union. THIS is why we are removing the twu and the teamster attempt to water down the AMFA drive is so transparent it is laughable.

GO AMFA!

Craig,

No one ever claimed that AMFA would magically get us a "top contract" at AA after we remove the twu and elect AMFA. The whole reason behind removing the twu is to bring democracy and accountability back to unionism and make that union a craft union. anamoly, cio/hss and the other twu supporting alias using posters here can not defend the twu because the twu does not have true democracy or accountability.

AMFA never claimed to give us more power over the company. AMFA provides us with power over the union. THIS is why we are removing the twu and the teamster attempt to water down the AMFA drive is so transparent it is laughable.

GO AMFA!

I wish you wouldn't use the 14 letter word "accountability". You fail its meaning and enforcement... ;)

Not sure what carrier you work for or what union represents you, but if you have the ramp/stores in the union that does represent you they hold you wage earning potential back. The union splits the pie with all members. If you have a union that represents only your class and craft you get the whole pie.

AMFA is the only union which allows the little guy to sit in on negotiations. They are the only union in which you can remove officers when they are not Looking out for the best interest of the membership.

Just those points alone make it worth giving them a chance. The TWU/IAM/IBT are all industrial unions and they will organize the ramp/stores and any work goup that will hold your wages in check to split the pie.

Do some research on your own, don't believe what you read here everyone has an voice.

Some have had thier heads in the bucket so long they just don't get it others are just followers
The TWU has failed at AA, and they MUST GO. This T/A is an example of the weak union at AA I am hoping that a new start will bring a new way of thinking and unionism back to AA so we don't have to wear a bag to hide in shame for again lowering the bar with wage concessions, hurting the AMT's of the industry.

Teamsters have represented Continental M&R since about 1996. If they are so good why don't Continental AMTs make as much as teamster represented AMTs at UPS? Don't tell me it is because Continental does all their work in house because they don't! The same goes for UAL.

How did the ibt end up with the addresses of all soon to be laid off UAL AMTs? The same way they did at AA, the iam or ual gave the address list to them. The story line is the same here at AA, the company and their back door whore realize that they just outdid every other union in the race to gut AMT wages so they both figure it is better to have a union on the property with a track record of sellouts, the ibt. A look at Continental ibt AMTs should be proof enough of ibt "Power". What a laugh!

At least with AMFA we will have a choice whether or not we fight or we BEG! The twu, iam and ibt will give us nothing but high paid sellout artists, and that is using the term "artist" loosely.

Dan Cunningham

Not sure what carrier you work for or what union represents you, but if you have the ramp/stores in the union that does represent you they hold you wage earning potential back. The union splits the pie with all members. If you have a union that represents only your class and craft you get the whole pie.

AMFA is the only union which allows the little guy to sit in on negotiations. They are the only union in which you can remove officers when they are not Looking out for the best interest of the membership.

Just those points alone make it worth giving them a chance. The TWU/IAM/IBT are all industrial unions and they will organize the ramp/stores and any work goup that will hold your wages in check to split the pie.

Do some research on your own, don't believe what you read here everyone has an voice.

Some have had thier heads in the bucket so long they just don't get it others are just followers
The TWU has failed at AA, and they MUST GO. This T/A is an example of the weak union at AA I am hoping that a new start will bring a new way of thinking and unionism back to AA so we don't have to wear a bag to hide in shame for again lowering the bar with wage concessions, hurting the AMT's of the industry.

That is one of the parts I can never buy into. Where is it written or where is there blatant concrete proof that the slice is any bigger than it is with separate negotiations like we have had already ?

That is one of the parts I can never buy into. Where is it written or where is there blatant concrete proof that the slice is any bigger than it is with separate negotiations like we have had already ?

AC Tynker

We don't have seperate negotiations, its all smoke and mirrors. The same people who nego. for us nego. for the ramp and stores. One day for us the next for them and so on. If you have a seperate union who looks out for us only we get the total pie. Do you believe that your trade is worth more than the trade of a ramp worker? Do you believe that the training you paid for is worth more? Then I rest my case.

It does not matter to me who represnts them I will honor thier picket line if they put one up. But the ME too clause that they get what we get is not fair to the AMT's who have for yrs fought for the wages we had and now we are going backwards because the airlines are not going to pay the wages that the unions have negotiated for the ramp and stores. Just like all airlines are contracting out work AA will remove O/H facilities as well. Its the sign of the times as they say. It will only come back to the USA when a/c either fall out of the sky or the work having to be done over and over again as it comes from the MRO's around the world the airlines are sending the aircraft.

Reactions: 3 people
An example from UAL where the de-coupling of work groups should've taken place and didn't.

As part of the 1994 ESOP at UAL, provisions were made for a mid-term wage adjustment for all parties involved. At this time mechanics, ramp & stores, security, and food services were all under the IAM.

At the mid-term wage adjustment negotiations (which were supposed to be seperate by group) all the IAM groups EXCEPT the mechanics agreed to two 3% raises, the mechanics refused. After further negotiations the mechanics received an offer at the maiximum percentage the ESOP agreement allowed for at the time - two 5% raises.

Instead of mechanics only, ALL groups received the two 5% raises the mechanics alone fought for....why? Because despite the IAMs promises of seperate negotiations, we were never really seperate.

Latest posts