Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

Holy mother of god!!! That just f'n hilarious!!!! A Twu card drive at SWA !!!!! Bawaaaaa!!!! It's on is it??? Can u please let us all know when the first informational meeting is???
Have it at a comedy club....and bring Phat Don in a Twu clown suit to get the show started.

This is gonna be good....

Reactions: 2 people
YES!!! It's on now!

Hell the IBT could not even get 200 cards signed at SWA for a run off election.
How can they get 50% + 1 after the fiasco at AA? Wait until they read our current contract. Desperation from the TWU to keep its cash cow. Reminds me of a rabies laden raccoon trapped in a corner with no where to go.

ROLMFAO again....

Complete BS. Almost all the mechanics here know how long it takes to negotiate a contract. The TWU does not speed up that process for the other work groups it represents. Only the Airtran guys and new hires have not been through it yet.

Contract talks just recently started, who could possibly think they have gone too long already?

If they are truly going to waste money on this then it is just a poor attempt at a shot across the bow, but in reality it is laughable.

YES!!! It's on now!

It's on now? Good God, never mind the fact that the TWU is worthless to the membership in negotiations, they can't even take care of their members on easy tasks. Recently, a number of AMTs retired at AA, you would think the local would be prepared - you would be wrong. Did these guys get the retirement gifts? NO - sorry guys - we done run out, but hey thanks for all your years of paying dues for nothing in return. It's bad enough with the company ignoring the retirees, but the union...jeez.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds to me like the twu and reamsters are getting a little nervous at AA. Anybody can mail out a few flyers or make a statement to the FST. The editor for that rag is bought and paid for. If it were true that the SWA mechanics were unhappy with 4 months of negs I wonder how they would feel about 4 1/2 years and still getting your pants pulled down to your ankles. I would rather have al Qaeda neg a contract for me than the twu or the reamsters. Isn't Frank McCann the same twu boot licker that got his butt kicked by the iam Philly? I guess Frank and phat Bob V are going to get alot of doors slammed in there faces. Man they are going to have a couple of sore noses,but on the bright side Bob will lose some weight. One thing that they forgot is that alot of former AA mechanics have gone to SWA because they have already experinced the twu screw.

Reactions: 5 people
YES!!! It's on now!

Whatever. TWU will not even get enough for a vote. This is just a ploy. They too will be sent packing just like we told the teamsters. Hey, didn't the teamsters relay to the TWU that the SWA mechanics were very happy with the AMFA's representation.

TWU sales pitch for SW mechs........ "We can get you less money than every other airline and we can get you worse benefits than fleet service or stores." How many cards you think they'll get signed? hahahaha. :D

YES!!! It's on now!

oh yeah its on alright! The TWU has been so successful at bringing the industry down why not branch out and help the managment......I mean the industry get it done as long as the TWU offficers keep their jobs and get raises we are all winners right?

How pathetic.........

Reactions: 4 people
Sounds to me like the twu and reamsters are getting a little nervous at AA. Anybody can mail out a few flyers or make a statement to the FST. The editor for that rag is bought and paid for. If it were true that the SWA mechanics were unhappy with 4 months of negs I wonder how they would feel about 4 1/2 years and still getting your pants pulled down to your ankles. I would rather have al Qaeda neg a contract for me than the twu or the reamsters. Isn't Frank McCann the same twu boot licker that got his butt kicked by the iam Philly? I guess Frank and phat Bob V are going to get alot of doors slammed in there faces. Man they are going to have a couple of sore noses,but on the bright side Bob will lose some weight. One thing that they forgot is that alot of former AA mechanics have gone to SWA because they have already experinced the twu screw.

They are getting nervous. Even scared. They know very well what will happen with the trickle affect after AMFA is overwhelmingly voted in at AA. They will do anything and promice anything in the world, including the world, to keep the dues rolling in.

They have been told (SWA membership that is) to exspect a long and drawn out negos. Estimates are puting the time frame anywhere from 2 years to over 4 years, surpassing the record long negos of 3.5 years with our appearence techs. Just remember guys, we can live with our current contract as long as we have to. It's the company that doesn't want to come to a new contract. They are scared. But that's ok, like I said the longer they want to take the better we'll be after UPS gets their new contract coming up in 2013. The longer the company wants to wait the better it gets in our favor. Just look at how the appearence techs came out after playing the companies game of draggin their feet with them. Time is in our favor guys--NOT-- in the companies favor. Just let it ride boys, let it ride...