Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

So thats like the ibt fantasy of negotiating for a double vesting pension outside section six, or re-opening a contract before the amendable date simply by switching representation.

Yeah, I see your point....the ibt IS more a fantasy than a brotherhood.

And yet our fantasy of higher wages and better compensation has become a reality. Seriously, ask around at UAL. Mechanics are much happier these days with the last wage increases than they have been in years.

teamsters_little.jpg

And yet our fantasy of higher wages and better compensation has become a reality. Seriously, ask around at UAL. Mechanics are much happier these days with the last wage increases than they have been in years.

Perhaps, but what about those former ibt card signers who are still dreaming the early opener fantasy, or the double pension fantasy, or all those UAL mechs on furlough who bought into the "....we'll get your job back fantasy..." only to watch the sCAL side hire off the street while the ibt does nothing?

BTW Everyone likes money Captain Obvious.

Reactions: 3 people
Perhaps, but what about those former ibt card signers who are still dreaming the early opener fantasy, or the double pension fantasy, or all those UAL mechs on furlough who bought into the "....we'll get your job back fantasy..." only to watch the sCAL side hire off the street while the ibt does nothing?

BTW Everyone likes money Captain Obvious.
Reamsters lie.
Did at the beginning, still do today.
Sad most members don't know and/or care.
B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
The Dallas Morning News reported that Kelly's letter to Southwest's (NYSE: LUV) employees said that the company must rein in costs if it is to prosper in the future.

Thanks to the great TWU "fight like hell" negotiations and great cave in. We screwed the whole industry and this is just the start of the proof. The TWU just cant help themselves from lowering the bar for the industry. They will all use us as their poster child, proud union members we should be!

Reactions: 5 people
I stand corrected. I did not take the time to look up UPS before I posted and went with an unclear memory, which is why I posted it as a question.

But still; You claim that WN will leap frog UPS and go above 50.31? According to your contract, which is amendable now, basic hourly pay including license pay (X2), puts a dayshift line mechanic at 41.32 an hour according to a document found on the internet. Am I correct?

If so, you claim you will get more than 9 dollars an hour in wage increases with amfa? I said within two dollars, making it an increase of $7.00 per hour. At 7, this is a $14,560 gain per year per employee or a 16.94% increase. An additional cost to the company in excess of $35 million per year. Your second quarter earnings were just released July 19, and the overall consensus was a shrinking cost edge against competitors, as the airline deals with a maturing work force and fleet, as well as lower utilization of aircraft. Your short term revenue and cost predictions were uninspiring and the best rating you got according to Michael Linenberg of Deutsche Bank was a Hold with a price target of $11.

After all this, you still claim to go ahead of UPS? Even if I am wrong on your starting wage and you are making closer to $43.00, that is still a big leap to push you above $50.

Hell YEA. I'll take that bet.

Well SWA is going to have a hard time arguing the case that they can't compare their AMT salaries to UPS when they just matched UPS wages with their dispatchers.

Reactions: 2 people
The Dallas Morning News reported that Kelly's letter to Southwest's (NYSE: LUV) employees said that the company must rein in costs if it is to prosper in the future.

Thanks to the great TWU "fight like hell" negotiations and great cave in. We screwed the whole industry and this is just the start of the proof. The TWU just cant help themselves from lowering the bar for the industry. They will all use us as their poster child, proud union members we should be!

Just out of curiosity why do you and Bob stay at AA if there is no hope and you hate our Union so bad ? You two are at an International Mecca that has all the major players represented that you could walk right in and not skip a beat because you are already familiar with the operation. I just don't get why you two preach the doom and gloom of this place having no hope and imploding so to speak and foresee the downfall of the AMT because of TULE and TWU etc etc but still, here you two are, riding the supposed sinking ship not making an effort to do anything different. There are people here in TULE that share the same opinion as you guys and are bailing left and right without the convenient close by options like you and then there are some here that are doing the same thing you guys are doing and then there are those of us that hope things will level out and start to warrant better times for all. If I had the same vision as you I would defiantly get out. Do you two just like to point fingers and #### and whine and do nothing or is there something I am not seeing here?

Reactions: 1 person
Tynker, I think you have them figured out except they view themselves as conqueror's instead of a persons in the position of leadership. Leaders learn to adapt and learn to accept failure as a tool to do better the next time. Winning is everything with a conqueror and they cannot rationalize anything they deem as defeat nor how to capitalize from it in the future.

Tynker, I think you have them figured out except they view themselves as conqueror's instead of a persons in the position of leadership. Leaders learn to adapt and learn to accept failure as a tool to do better the next time. Winning is everything with a conqueror and they cannot rationalize anything they deem as defeat nor how to capitalize from it in the future.

So true HSS. Great Point! Kind of like a "Rebel with a Lost Cause" so to speak. Informer doesn't give you enough credit in my opinion. You have him beat by miles with common sense, thought power and good judgment it seems, but don't tell him I said that because I think he and I are close to bonding. I'm hoping AMFA will give him a $10 Gift Certificate/Expense account for a business lunch so I can get a free meal. He keeps saying they are close to having enough cards signed so I figure they should start throwing BIG recruitment $money$ at him by way of 5 and 10 dollar certificates :lol: He has to have atleast have 20% locked in.

I stand corrected. I did not take the time to look up UPS before I posted and went with an unclear memory, which is why I posted it as a question.

But still; You claim that WN will leap frog UPS and go above 50.31? According to your contract, which is amendable now, basic hourly pay including license pay (X2), puts a dayshift line mechanic at 41.32 an hour according to a document found on the internet. Am I correct?

If so, you claim you will get more than 9 dollars an hour in wage increases with amfa? I said within two dollars, making it an increase of $7.00 per hour. At 7, this is a $14,560 gain per year per employee or a 16.94% increase. An additional cost to the company in excess of $35 million per year. Your second quarter earnings were just released July 19, and the overall consensus was a shrinking cost edge against competitors, as the airline deals with a maturing work force and fleet, as well as lower utilization of aircraft. Your short term revenue and cost predictions were uninspiring and the best rating you got according to Michael Linenberg of Deutsche Bank was a Hold with a price target of $11.

After all this, you still claim to go ahead of UPS? Even if I am wrong on your starting wage and you are making closer to $43.00, that is still a big leap to push you above $50.

Hell YEA. I'll take that bet.

Let me help you out here. Current contract with last raise on 8-16-12, and without bonus coming next month, a dayshift line (or hangar) mech, as we are treated the same in AMFA, is currently at 43.87, eves is at 44.45, graves is at 44.50. Add 6% to base for leads and inspectors, and add another 6% for lead inspectors. Just want you to have all the info before wager is set. I'm still in. Are you?

Do you really thing that you will leap frog UPS in wages considering that Gary has said this:

Southwest Airlines Co. CEO Gary Kelly is warning his employees that high costs are a danger to the Dallas-based carrier, just as they were to the larger carriers that have filed for bankruptcy protection, including American Airlines.

Those were the first two paragraphs from the New Mexico Business Weekly article Hopeful posted.

Watch and learn folks. More details will be out soon. But I will tell you this, SWA will not have another contract unless we are brought up to or over current UPS wages. BTW; SWA wants this done by the end of the first quarter of 2013. Not saying it will happen by then, but they are in a rush for some reason or another.

Another quote further down the article....

According to the Morning News, Southwest's labor costs have risen 31.8 percent to 3.94 cents per available mile, which is higher than for competitors Delta, United and US Airways.

But still, amfa has NO PROBLEM issuing promises and is even willing to wager that they will be able to gain another increase greater than 15% and "LEAP FROG" UPS in wages. amfa is so far to the left of reality, they should be classified as a fantasy rather than an association.

AMFA is not promising this as you state. Matter fact I am not promising it either. I am simply making a wager with you, in hopes that we will. No one, AMFA or an individual mech, as myself, could promise anything like that. However the teamsters have at United, as well as at AA while trying to get all you guys to sign a teamster card. Again AMFA has not issued any promises, as you state above, to leap frog UPS's wages. This is all my own verbage about leap frogging UPS's wages, not AMFA. I will still stay with our wager of us falling within the 2 dollars you have previously offered.

Hey Hopeful, not saying that nothing will happen, but this is typical reteric when up coming contracts are coming amendable.
I understand. And I understand your position and I wish you guys well. But reading Kelly's statement, it appears to be a tough sell.