Teamsters ?

Well if Hall and Coley have there way we will be in trouble just like they did to UAL.Yes Fedex is a Great place to work but after 15years i've seen alot of changes and most not for the good.Hall and Coley are snakes.
Umm before you vote the teamsters in you all better talk to the UAL guys and see how things changed after they voted them in and see how they like them..You might change your mind.

Well if Hall and Coley have there way we will be in trouble just like they did to UAL.Yes Fedex is a Great place to work but after 15years i've seen alot of changes and most not for the good.Hall and Coley are snakes.

Yeah don't know Coley but I know Hall's rep and I have met him. However, The teamsters are not the answer. I have worked under 2 unions the iam and AMFA and am now at FDX. I am here to tell you the only thing that will change under the teamsters is your pay in the form of taking out union dues and that is about it. This crap about "having something in writing" means jack. There are letters of agreement that happen all the time. I have really thought about this and I believe that long time FDX MX guys who never worked anywhere else and they are seeing some losses no doubt. But by and large they have had along with the pilots a pretty great deal in relation to anything else out there. And don't give me UPS as an example because they have trade off's for their top pay. Part time mechanics come to mind. Our top pay is right up there and there are headaches to being in a union. Better to have unions as a threat to milk the golden goose than to actually have one. I will make a bet right here and now if the teamsters ever get in at FDX. Fred Smith will make the mechanics pay and pay dearly. He will put a lot of the mechanics on the street for fun and see if the teamsters can get them their jobs back. Think I am kidding? He saw NWA right across the street at MEM do it to their entire maintenance dept and all it took was a little money and a little time. There are enough hungry scabs out there that will take your job in a nanosecond and Fred knows this. Not to mention the FDX guys who will cross their own line to come back. Better think about it because once they get in (kinda like a cockroach) they will be hell to get out.

Yeah don't know Coley but I know Hall's rep and I have met him. However, The teamsters are not the answer. I have worked under 2 unions the iam and AMFA and am now at FDX. I am here to tell you the only thing that will change under the teamsters is your pay in the form of taking out union dues and that is about it. This crap about "having something in writing" means jack. There are letters of agreement that happen all the time. I have really thought about this and I believe that long time FDX MX guys who never worked anywhere else and they are seeing some losses no doubt. But by and large they have had along with the pilots a pretty great deal in relation to anything else out there. And don't give me UPS as an example because they have trade off's for their top pay. Part time mechanics come to mind. Our top pay is right up there and there are headaches to being in a union. Better to have unions as a threat to milk the golden goose than to actually have one. I will make a bet right here and now if the teamsters ever get in at FDX. Fred Smith will make the mechanics pay and pay dearly. He will put a lot of the mechanics on the street for fun and see if the teamsters can get them their jobs back. Think I am kidding? He saw NWA right across the street at MEM do it to their entire maintenance dept and all it took was a little money and a little time. There are enough hungry scabs out there that will take your job in a nanosecond and Fred knows this. Not to mention the FDX guys who will cross their own line to come back. Better think about it because once they get in (kinda like a cockroach) they will be hell to get out.
Thats why i said IF and or When they get in i know Fed is a good place to work and yes i have worked at other airline companies.I know some of the UAL guys know Hall and how he screwed them at UAL and even AA with all his Lean.Some of it is good and some is just crap.Coley worked for Hall at UAL.He is the director of Maintenance.They say one thing and do another.I just hope that we don't get LEANED out of a Job.I was Union before and i Know that there is good and bad with them too.Just to let you know I'm not pushing for a Union but everyone thinks things are going to change overnight if they get in thats whats so stupid.

Lean was a joke. Most UAL M&R have been very vocal and active in trying to streamline operations since ‘conception’ of the company. Hall and his little Buddy came to UA and hacked most of the inventory that we have had to repurchase. Hall built a ‘Lean Team’ that was one of the first to go in the latest round of layoffs. These cubicles are ‘empty’ and Lean Training is non-existent.

No doubt that ‘LEAN’ has it’s advantages in both production and repair but to make it fit in a ‘repair’ organization takes quite a bit of ‘guesswork’ as to what the most common failure mode is. There are way too many variables ‘today’ to predict when one will need an APU or LGCIU at one location to meet the JIT LEAN mantra.

Good Luck with Hall and his minions, You are going to need it!

JMHO,
B) xUT

Lean was a joke. Most UAL M&R have been very vocal and active in trying to streamline operations since ‘conception’ of the company. Hall and his little Buddy came to UA and hacked most of the inventory that we have had to repurchase. Hall built a ‘Lean Team’ that was one of the first to go in the latest round of layoffs. These cubicles are ‘empty’ and Lean Training is non-existent.

No doubt that ‘LEAN’ has it’s advantages in both production and repair but to make it fit in a ‘repair’ organization takes quite a bit of ‘guesswork’ as to what the most common failure mode is. There are way too many variables ‘today’ to predict when one will need an APU or LGCIU at one location to meet the JIT LEAN mantra.

JMHO,
B) xUT

Yeah FDX is in the middle of all this LEAN BS. I see where it did make some difference in relation to standardizing tools and equipment. However, They spend WAY too much time having classes on LEAN and I still see so much waste here. I slam NWA every chance I get but I have to say one thing. Their MX program was leaps and bounds over FDX (until they decided to get out of it) The IPC is a nightmare here. Everything is addressed with an EA. Hell I never saw in EA in the 20 yrs I worked for NWA. Everytime you have to ship tools to an outstation for an a/c that is dwn it is a new adventure. Never the the same thing two times in a row. It amazes me that this company makes money. The mechanics here put 5 hrs on an airplane for a job that I was expected to do with passengers on it during the one hr ground time. But hey I work here now and I will dance the way they tell me. They treat me great and that is all that matters.

Yeah FDX is in the middle of all this LEAN BS. I see where it did make some difference in relation to standardizing tools and equipment. However, They spend WAY too much time having classes on LEAN and I still see so much waste here. I slam NWA every chance I get but I have to say one thing. Their MX program was leaps and bounds over FDX (until they decided to get out of it) The IPC is a nightmare here. Everything is addressed with an EA. Hell I never saw in EA in the 20 yrs I worked for NWA. Everytime you have to ship tools to an outstation for an a/c that is dwn it is a new adventure. Never the the same thing two times in a row. It amazes me that this company makes money. The mechanics here put 5 hrs on an airplane for a job that I was expected to do with passengers on it during the one hr ground time. But hey I work here now and I will dance the way they tell me. They treat me great and that is all that matters.

Good Luck to you and I hope that FEDEX will keep to their core competency, which is being the best at delivering packages… (which we all need).

IMHO, all companies believe that if they are great at one venue (and make a TON of money) then the knowledge is transferable to ‘everything’. These nimrods will run you all into the ground as they have everyone else. It almost seems like an infection that is transferred from on place to another.

Hall and his entourage did such a great job at AA that they chewed up UAL and are now at FEDEX.
The same can be said for Wolfe that chewed up FTA, UAL, USAIR, (kicked out of France).
Now UAL has a few ‘DELTA’ retreads.
WTF?
These losers travel from company to company and repeat their ‘same’ failed policies but continue to get hired?
What idiocy is this?

Take Care Dude!

Best to You and Yours over the CHRISTmas Holidays…
View attachment 8098

B) xUT

Good Luck to you and I hope that FEDEX will keep to their core competency, which is being the best at delivering packages… (which we all need).

IMHO, all companies believe that if they are great at one venue (and make a TON of money) then the knowledge is transferable to ‘everything’. These nimrods will run you all into the ground as they have everyone else. It almost seems like an infection that is transferred from on place to another.

Hall and his entourage did such a great job at AA that they chewed up UAL and are now at FEDEX.
The same can be said for Wolfe that chewed up FTA, UAL, USAIR, (kicked out of France).
WTF?
These losers travel from company to company and repeat their ‘same’ failed policies but continue to get hired?
What idiocy is this?

Take Care Dude!

View attachment 8098

B) xUT

Thanks Tech, same to you have a safe and happy holiday season

WTF?
What idiocy is this?

Take Care Dude!

View attachment 8098

B) xUT
[/quote]
Couldn't agree with you more UAL.Hope we all Have A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :up:

JMHO,
B) xUT

Lean can work in a Check environment where you know what will be replaced.

At UA it FAILED !!!

As stated by others. Hall and gang are snakes.

FedEx Watch out!!!! Stay away from the Teamsters!!!! They are out for the money, not the membership.
At UA they have done NOTHING!!!!!!! If you guys vote them in it will be a slow death!!!!!

When you are done with Hall we will send you Canavan (a delta reject).

Yo !!! lineguy..

I just got my courtesy visit from the "reamsters". I told them not to even bother wasting their breath. Your absolutely right...these purple mechs still have a great deal and now are whining that a few crumbs have been taken-- big deal.

They sure need to look at the BIG picture !!!!! Its a terrible economy out there...go ask all the Aloha, ATA, Frontier mechs.......should I go on ??

Hope your doing well back east...hope to be there soon.

Oncerednowpurple

Are you Kidding me, a better deal at FEDEx than UPS your facts are way wrong dude I work for fedex and I know Mechanics at UPS and let me tell you this If I could I would jump ship and go work for UPS. They have a contract and they still have a retirement and great medical benefits. I pay over $360.00 a month for medical plus I have to pay for prescriptions and deductables. UPS pays 100% for there employees thanks to the teamsters. Our retiree's have to pay close to $1000.00 a month for medical till 65 when medicare kicks in. UPS retirees pay $50.00 nevermind all the protections they have and rules that must be followed to protect you. Fedex takes away more and more everyday and we have nothing to protect us. The old guys are set, if you had 25 years or more you really did not get hurt. but like me at 15 years they stopped my defined pension and replaced it with this joke of one. They first made it an option and when they found out we are not that stupid they forced it on us. They hired a vice president of maintenace that has been known for chopping heads, jobs at eastern,american, united and now here. Put in place this thing called lean which cost more than what it would have to keep our benefits. The problem with alot of Fedex personal they are what I call fuigm's freak you I got mine and that is why they know to divide and conqure.
Also IAM and AMfa are jokes of union's The Teamsters have been doing this for a long time and know what to do. Every story I have heard how someone got screwed by a union I found more holes in the story and they have no else to blame so put it on them. Yes some unions are greedy and will have you vote for a strike when you should not because they don't have a clue but remember it is the employees that are the union and they vote what to do. Let me ask you this, if you went to a doctor for something and they screwed you up would you give up going to all doctors? no you would find a good one, well the Teamsters are the best and they are getting all the airlines under one union so we will have the power to guide our futures. They already have a committee of all airlines so one day we can be respected for what we do.
For you that do not even listen to someone who comes out of there way to educate you on something and then you can make a smart and fair decision you close minded idiots make me sick that you think you know it all. Open your doors and your minds and make a wise decision. Hell it may not matter anyway, Fedex is the only company under its own special deal that wont let us organize anyway, why do you think they did that? so they can do what they want and you can't do a thing about it. Well we are this close to getting that changed and you will have one chance to help change your life and that of your familys future and security. See if I am lying you check our benefits at Fedex and you check UPS contract. There is no comparison, UPS wins hands down.

Are you Kidding me, a better deal at FEDEx than UPS your facts are way wrong dude I work for fedex and I know Mechanics at UPS and let me tell you this If I could I would jump ship and go work for UPS. They have a contract and they still have a retirement and great medical benefits. I pay over $360.00 a month for medical plus I have to pay for prescriptions and deductables. UPS pays 100% for there employees thanks to the teamsters. Our retiree's have to pay close to $1000.00 a month for medical till 65 when medicare kicks in. UPS retirees pay $50.00 nevermind all the protections they have and rules that must be followed to protect you. Fedex takes away more and more everyday and we have nothing to protect us. The old guys are set, if you had 25 years or more you really did not get hurt. but like me at 15 years they stopped my defined pension and replaced it with this joke of one. They first made it an option and when they found out we are not that stupid they forced it on us. They hired a vice president of maintenace that has been known for chopping heads, jobs at eastern,american, united and now here. Put in place this thing called lean which cost more than what it would have to keep our benefits. The problem with alot of Fedex personal they are what I call fuigm's freak you I got mine and that is why they know to divide and conqure.
Also IAM and AMfa are jokes of union's The Teamsters have been doing this for a long time and know what to do. Every story I have heard how someone got screwed by a union I found more holes in the story and they have no else to blame so put it on them. Yes some unions are greedy and will have you vote for a strike when you should not because they don't have a clue but remember it is the employees that are the union and they vote what to do. Let me ask you this, if you went to a doctor for something and they screwed you up would you give up going to all doctors? no you would find a good one, well the Teamsters are the best and they are getting all the airlines under one union so we will have the power to guide our futures. They already have a committee of all airlines so one day we can be respected for what we do.
For you that do not even listen to someone who comes out of there way to educate you on something and then you can make a smart and fair decision you close minded idiots make me sick that you think you know it all. Open your doors and your minds and make a wise decision. Hell it may not matter anyway, Fedex is the only company under its own special deal that wont let us organize anyway, why do you think they did that? so they can do what they want and you can't do a thing about it. Well we are this close to getting that changed and you will have one chance to help change your life and that of your familys future and security. See if I am lying you check our benefits at Fedex and you check UPS contract. There is no comparison, UPS wins hands down.

Be careful what you wish for dude. Ist off ask the UAL mechanics how they like the teamsters they have gone full circle and now want the IAM back. Second UPS is WAY LEANER than FX is..The UPS guys actually have to bust their hump there because there are so few of them. There is NO WAY the slackers we have here at FX would survive at UPS. I used to work for NW and if we took as much time to change an engine that the guys here do there would have been hell to pay and we had a union too. Look I don't like the things that are going on here at FX either I think Greg Hall is going to screw the mechanics I see PT mechanics in the future and we already have the changes to anyone new to job family one not to mention the MTP program. But aircraft mechanics here fall under the Railway labor Act just like they do at the pax airlines. Airlines use and abuse this law to their advantage. You get a 3 to 5 yr conract then when your contract is at the end what the airlines do is they drag out negotiations usually for another 3 to 5 yrs in the mean time you live under the last pay rate you had. So you get no raises and have in effect a pay freeze for 3 to 5 yrs. Then when you finally get a new contract there is no retro or back pay you might get a one time "singing bonus" but it doesn't even come close to the money you lost. Believe me the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And just because UPS negotiated something doesn't mean that we will get the same thing.