Temporary Injunction against USAPA filed today

250 pages worth.

These USAPA idiots are, as expected, going right off a cliff.

And pissing off the IAM to top it off. Randy's letter trying to suck up to the mechanics is a complete failure.

Isom's meeting, btw, broke out east and west ops for the first time. Needless to say, this injunction is only the beginning.

Reactions: 8 people
250 pages worth.

These USAPA idiots are, as expected, going right off a cliff.

And pissing off the IAM to top it off. Randy's letter trying to suck up to the mechanics is a complete failure.

Isom's meeting, btw, broke out east and west ops for the first time. Needless to say, this injunction is only the beginning.

Hey toga, one of the things Doug listed that USAPA is doing wrong directing the writing up of non flight-critical just prior to departure to delay a flight. Do you guys have a list of those non flight-critical items that do not have to be written up, cause that seems contrary to the FOM. I never got the memo.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey toga, one of the things Doug listed that USAPA is doing wrong is writing up non flight-critical just prior to departure to delay a flight. Do you guys have a list of those non flight-critical items that do not have to be written up, cause that seems contrary to the FOM. I never got the memo.

I wonder what the FAA thinks about that? I will ask them next time I have one on my jumpseat.

I wonder what the FAA thinks about that? I will ask them next time I have one on my jumpseat.
Ya, you do that.

The data shows and obvious spikein write-ups. You guys think you can get away with your work action by hiding behind the Feds?

Good luck with that. And don't forget to take off your clown lanyard.

Ya, you do that.

The data shows and obvious spikein write-ups. You guys think you can get away with your work action by hiding behind the Feds?

Good luck with that. And don't forget to take off your clown lanyard.

Still angry and frustrated I can see. If something needs to get put in the FDML, it's going in there. When it goes in there is when it gets discovered. There is no set time when a malfunction or maintenance item occurs.

Here's the press release if anyone gives a rats rear

UPDATE: US Airways files an Injunction against Usapa for their illegal job action campaign.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Dear Fellow Employees,

Today the Company filed a lawsuit in federal district court in Charlotte seeking an injunction against USAPA, the labor union that represents our pilots. The lawsuit asks the court to stop USAPA’s illegal job action campaign.

This is not a step we take lightly, but we simply can no longer allow the labor union’s illegal and misguided actions to harm US Airways, our employees and our customers. It is important you know that this lawsuit is aimed at USAPA and its leadership, not the thousands of dedicated airmen and women who – despite this political sideshow – operate their flights safely, on time and with the highest level of professionalism.

Today’s filing contains overwhelming evidence of illegal activity by USAPA including a consistent pattern of statements from the labor union’s leadership encouraging its members to slow down the operation and:

- A “safety” campaign that is clearly nothing more than a poorly disguised concerted illegal slowdown campaign
- Anonymous text messages encouraging slow taxis and other delay tactics to arrive at “Block +16” minutes – thereby missing the DOT on-time arrival window and ensuring customer and baggage misconnections
- Encouraging the delayed completion of online training in an effort to force flight cancellations
- Directing write-ups of non flight-critical maintenance items just before departure so that flights are delayed
- Threats to expose, intimidate and retaliate against union members who do not cooperate with the slowdown effort

It is unfortunate USAPA has taken a page from an outdated playbook; namely, using the guise of safety to signal an illegal operational slowdown. We will never compromise safety at US Airways, but we also will not tolerate illegal job actions. We owe that to you – the 32,000 hard-working employees of US Airways – and to our customers, and we take that obligation seriously.

I’ve heard from many of you expressing frustration at what USAPA is doing to harm our airline. I appreciate that concern and am grateful for your continued commitment to our customers. With the initiation of the litigation, we are a step closer to getting back to working together and moving forward as one team to ensure the long-term success of US Airways. Thank you so much for all you do, and please keep up the great work.

Doug

Reactions: 4 people
Oh I had no idea. You are such an angry person and frustrated too. I figured maybe Isom broke out the East and West on financial performance. I guess that would explain your anger and frustration if he did.

Not angry. You're post was stupid and I was just pointing out the obvious.