Term Paper's Not Done Yet

synchronicity

Advanced
Nov 27, 2002
Seems that the "agreement in principle" was "an agreement, kinda sorta, assuming all the numbers work out, which we don't really know yet, but we have until June 17 to figure it out, so it's not like we have to rush or anything..."

http://www.iam141.org/ual.htm#06.09.05

The due diligence required by both United Airlines and the IAM to reach a tentative agreement is progressing, but is not yet complete. We expect this process to reach a positive conclusion prior to a scheduled June 17, 2005 bankruptcy court hearing. (emphasis added)

Gee, thanks guys. Frankly I expect that you'll go to the last second and then some, like you always do, like college students doing that term paper the morning it's due, and then asking the judge...er, teacher, for an extension.

But wait, there's more!:

it is possible that the due diligence will produce negative results. In that case, the agreement in principle will be null and void, setting the stage for Judge Wedoff’s June 17th decision on rejecting our contracts and a possible strike.

IOW- "we had to say something before the judge made his announcement, 'cause we weren't finished and the deadline was right there"

College? These guys are worse than bad high school students.

Here's a hint. The 17th is coming up awfully fast. Maybe you should, kinda, you know work extra hard to get the numbers calculated NOW, so you can resolve any issues that come up if they don't turn out just right? I mean, I know you SHOULD have reached an agreement before May 19, so you'll be running almost a month late and really shouldn't still be "negotiating" now, but hey, at least it won't be a total kuff up if you have enough time to squeeze in some last minute "adjustments" rather than going to the judge on June 17th and saying "well, we're, like, almost done, but then we spilled some coffee on the sheets and the dog ate our other copy, so can we have just another day or two?"

GRRR. :rant:

-synchronicity :angry:

Latest posts

Back