Texas Woman Breaks Neck, Back In Airplane Turbulence

I thought this was a 737. Was it Continental Express or Continental that was operating said flight with turbulence?

The IAH-MFE route is flown by both. IIRC, I looked up the flight at the time this story first broke and it was a CoEx flight that was originally scheduled to depart IAH at 9:45pm (I think) and was delayed for over 2 hours.

This bothers me a lot. People not staying in their seats when the flight crew tells them to stay. I had to actually stop the pushback on a couple of occasions, because someone went to the bathroom while pushback is taking place. What if I had to stop short and slam on brakes? Then what.....

Listen to the flight crew at all times. If they tell you to be seated and buckle up, then do it.

More then likely, this will be settled out of court.

As I have said many times, in this Oprahfied world of ours where unhappiness is treated as a disease instead of part of the human condition, people--particularly in the USA--have developed the atttitude that whatever they WANT to do is their Constitutional RIGHT to do.

All I do is get on the pa and say "Ladies and Gentlemen, please note that the seatbelt sign is still on. Remain seated with your seatbelts securely fastened." I don't tell the individuals who get up to be careful or that they are up at their own risk. I simply say "Sir (or Ma'am) the seatbelt sign is on." When they respond with "but I have to go to the lav," I reply "the seatbelt sign is on." If they insist I just say "what I can legally tell you is the seatbelt sign is on" and nothing else.

I asked an FAA inspector what to do about the wandering the aisles when the seatbelt sign is on. His response was, "Point out that the seatbelt sign is on and they need to remain seated, and stop there. Anything else you say, such as "just be careful" or "you are up at your own risk" can be interpreted as implied permission to violate the FAR."

Same here...
I had that happen many times.

I actually had to slam on the brakes one time to avoid a ground (ramp) control mix-up and someone had just got up and into the aisle (as was told to me by the pilot when he asked to be towed back to the gate). I had to come back to the gate so they could get medical attention. They did a face plant in the aisle...

You just can't fix stupid.

Back