Thanks BaRack and Tree Huggers!

Look at the pump in the begining of the video. Look to the left of the E-15....

There, see it? Its called regular, say it slowly, regular.....87 octane....

Now, calm down, fill up and enjoy your holidays......

People are only as happy as they want to be.... Remember that, next time you watch faux news.....

Reactions: 1 person
I must have missed something.  I did not know that ethanol fuel mixtures and state mandates to use them started in 2008.  Thanks for the update.

Was a bill passed by Congress to impliment the change to E15 or did Obama issue a E.O.?  I have not read anything about this.

"That is why your groceries are so expensive"

Says the talking head in the story.

In other news, do not put diesel in your gasoline vehicle.

Reactions: 3 people
Alas, missing the point as usual ! The majority of peeps putting fuel in their autos, have problems finding the gas cap! Now, once they do, they can proceed to void the warranty's on their Beemers, Cadillacs and Chargers !

southwind said:
Alas, missing the point as usual ! The majority of peeps putting fuel in their autos, have problems finding the gas cap! Now, once they do, they can proceed to void the warranty's on their Beemers, Cadillacs and Chargers !
my peeps cant aford beemers and cadillacs....

so, if yours are to stupid to know the difference?

you tell me what that says about your peeps, not to mention there voting...

LMFAO

Ethanol is awful for most everything built before about 2010.  It has been and is an ongoing problem all over the industry.   The problem first started showing its self in the marine industry,  ethanol is eating the seals out of everything in the fuel systems from tanks to engines.    Ask any marine mechanic and they will tell you that rebuilding motors damaged by ethanol is a major part of their business these days.

Automobiles are now starting to show the same problems.   For most in the country it is getting very hard to find ethanol free gas,  ALL grades of fuel now contain it to some extent except for the few places that actively advertise ethanol free blends.  Usually only premium, and at around a 15 cent premium above normal 93 octane.     The coastal areas are where you see ethanol free the most due to the marine issue addressed above.

All the issues I have  outlined above are due to the 10% or lower ethanol,  the new 15% ethanol blend now being pushed by the govt. exceeds the new cars defense against it.   Thus the reason that many auto makers are starting to void the warranties if it is used.

To top it all off ethanol blended fuels actually produce less miles per gallon than a non ethanol blend, less energy released (20 to 30% less MPG with e-85 blend).    Recently you are starting to see reports of price increases in corn and other grain that is used in the ethanol blends.   So in effect you are paying more at the grocery store to support the harmful fuel that is slowly eating your cars engine.    Some are predicting significant shortages of worldwide food supply due to it being diverted to making fuel.   Remains to been seen on that part but some effects are already being seen as the US bread basket production is being redirected to fuel supply production.   

This is the side of it that the environment types don't want you to see.   The above is fact not fiction,  but every time somebody tries to factually report it the howler monkeys come out in force and attempt to discredit what is staring them right in the face.      Less miles per gallon,    Harmful to most cars on the road,  and increased food prices. 

Reactions: 3 people
Keroseneuser said:
Automobiles are now starting to show the same problems.   For most in the country it is getting very hard to find ethanol free gas,  ALL grades of fuel now contain it to some extent except for the few places that actively advertise ethanol free blends.  Usually only premium, and at around a 15 cent premium above normal 93 octane.     The coastal areas are where you see ethanol free the most due to the marine issue addressed above.
It is? I have at least 1 if not 2 gas stations w/in walking distance of where I live that I can get it at. I get that that's anecdotal, but I figured it was (relatively) similar nation-wide.

Some states are worse than others.  I am in the Southeast part of country.  The standard fuel all grades has anywhere from 5% to 10% ethanol depending on time of year.  Closest place to me that sells ethanol free is 15 miles.   According to a consumer driven classic car website that tracks it there are only about 6 stations in my city that carry ethanol free.     Classic cars are especially susceptible to its effects (Pre 1995 or so) thus the websites to find the good stuff.

It is much easier to find ethanol free close to the coast due to the boating issues,  but you pay through the nose for it.

Chances are that some of the stations that you are thinking is ethanol free actually are not.   Good chance there is a small not obvious sticker somewhere on the pump that says something to the effect of "This fuel may contain up to 10% ethanol"      Some states simply passed a law that all fuel must have it in it and you get no sticker.  If you don't know your states fuel laws you would never know.

E-85 so far will always be labeled,  e-10 is hit or miss depending on your area.

To date I have never seen ethanol free regular or mid grade anywhere I have bought gas in the last couple of years.  (Most of the southeast states)    Most of the NE states are ahead of us by a couple years on the integration of ethanol into their fuel.  It actually started first in the metropolis areas due to trying to cut back on smog.  (LA, NYC. etc)

In 2011 27.3% of US corn production went to ethanol instead of food.   If it continues to increase that is where some are getting nervous about those issues.  

Reactions: 2 people
im back..!! said:
Look at the pump in the begining of the video. Look to the left of the E-15....

There, see it? Its called regular, say it slowly, regular.....87 octane....

Now, calm down, fill up and enjoy your holidays......

People are only as happy as they want to be.... Remember that, next time you watch faux news.....

Hey Stooge, Ford, GM, Chrysler and Toyota will void your warranty if you use E-15 Ethanol fuel in their vehicles regardless of how slow you read the sign on the gas pump.    

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Deadbeat.
And your welcome for people like me stepping up, making our company profitable and the raise your are about to receive.....brought to you without having to pay union dues!
It's ok....I know thanking me is above you!

Dog Wonder said:
He will bet. He just won't pay.
I know one bet anyone can win! Your unable to put together no more than one sentence per post....guess you start to stress your thought process after that!