Thanks For Destroying Our Industry.

legacy-to-LCC said:
these items may not resonate with any familiarility with you; but, alas, here we go: first class, assigned seating, meals, professional announcements, professional uniforms, class! (to name but a few..., oh, dot results notwithstanding, of course--there have always been and always will be winners and losers with respect to on-time arrivals, etc...)
with respect to your earlier comment/question regarding "jetblue manmeat", i would renew my inquiry: what are you?!?!?
[post="297277"][/post]​

Have you seen Jet Blue aircraft or employees in person?

They look way more professional than USAirways in my opinion. And to use your word, exude class. Their product is by far better. JD Power survey's confirm that.

USAirways, with few notable exceptions, looks like what it is. A financially troubled airline, twice in bankruptcy, with a very mature work force wearing very mature uniforms.

Hoping Doug Parker can change the image and the culture. He has a lot of work to do. I forgot, there is also PHL and all that goes with that Dump on the Delaware.

N924PS said:
Their product is by far better.
[post="297622"][/post]​

You call a can of soda, a bag of blue or bagel chips and cookies a better product? You must be a cheap date ;) !

N924PS said:
Have you seen Jet Blue aircraft or employees in person?

They look way more professional than USAirways in my opinion. And to use your word, exude class. Their product is by far better. JD Power survey's confirm that.

USAirways, with few notable exceptions, looks like what it is. A financially troubled airline, twice in bankruptcy, with a very mature work force wearing very mature uniforms.

Hoping Doug Parker can change the image and the culture. He has a lot of work to do. I forgot, there is also PHL and all that goes with that Dump on the Delaware.
[post="297622"][/post]​
actually, i am quite envious of jetblue! a high quality product and professional service, to be sure, no doubt about it... i am equally confident in the potential of usair's employees, if provided with implements of commensurate quality, to elevate appearance perspectives...
despite the context, my critique was directed to southwest, where, at the end of the day, pax homogeny prevails. their (let me be sure to clarify: southwest) quality resides in their ability to minimize the significance of the individual pax, at least as it compares, on a fundamental level, to the legacy's traditional committments, i.e., service features, to pax comfort and enjoyment.

B.O.B. said:
You call a can of soda, a bag of blue or bagel chips and cookies a better product? You must be a cheap date ;) !
[post="297627"][/post]​

Well let's see on US Airways you a get a cup full of juice, soda, coffee.etc. U is a great airline, I worked for them, but the level of serice is not near what it once was.
On JetBlue you get as much as you want with two seperate beverage and snack services. Snack service includes: blue chips,munchy mix ,bischotti,chocolate chip cookies,almonds,and the "la petites". Also you get free live tv and soon XM Radio. Fares are capped at $349 one way. RARELY is a walk fare that high though.
Here's what Market Mattrix said:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050906/dctu044.html?.v=21

B6Busdriver said:
Also you get free live tv and soon XM Radio.
[post="297635"][/post]​

If the Live TV works! I have jumpseated on JB several times and that Live TV isn't everything it's cracked up to be. Trying to watch a football, basketball or baseball game on ESPN and the whole channel goes out. But, I guess you get what you paid for! :rolleyes:

B.O.B. said:
If the Live TV works! I have jumpseated on JB several times and that Live TV isn't everything it's cracked up to be. Trying to watch a football, basketball or baseball game on ESPN and the whole channel goes out. But, I guess you get what you paid for! :rolleyes:
[post="297643"][/post]​

In my three years at JetBlue I have NEVER had the entire system on MEL. I've deadheaded dozens of times and yes the tv's go out once and a while but it's pretty infrequent.

Yeah I guess since you didn't pay anything for the ride you shouldn't complain. By the way if you hate us so much why do you jumpseat on us?

B6Busdriver said:
In my three years at JetBlue I have NEVER had the entire system on MEL. I've deadheaded dozens of times and yes the tv's go out once and a while but it's pretty infrequent.

Yeah I guess since you didn't pay anything for the ride you shouldn't complain. By the way if you hate us so much why do you jumpseat on us?
[post="297650"][/post]​

Because I can! :up:

If my airline flights are full and the jumpseat is taken, I hop on JB. Thanks for the free ride.

B.O.B. said:
[post="297643"][/post]​

And how is that Live TV working out on AA, UA, DL, NW, CO, WN, US, HP, AS or TZ? Seems to be always off!

Besides, I think TV is over-rated. An airplane is one place where I can get away from it. Although, I admit I do enjoy the map channel on JetBlue.

JS said:
And how is that Live TV working out on AA, UA, DL, NW, CO, WN, US, HP, AS or TZ? Seems to be always off!

Besides, I think TV is over-rated. An airplane is one place where I can get away from it. Although, I admit I do enjoy the map channel on JetBlue.
[post="297921"][/post]​

AA doesn't have Live TV for that very reason. Its not all cracked up to what it's suppose to be.

B.O.B. said:
AA doesn't have Live TV for that very reason.
[post="297939"][/post]​

Ahhh...nope. AA doesn't have it because they can't afford it. Don't forget that JB owns Live TV (the company).

v1rotate said:
Ahhh...nope. AA doesn't have it because they can't afford it. Don't forget that JB owns Live TV (the company).
[post="298033"][/post]​

You might want to double check that one :D . AA has more cash on hand then JB has at the present time.

Nobody said that B6 has more than money than AA. The point is that AA can't afford to outfit its entire fleet with a LiveTV system. That is the reason why they haven't followed B6's lead, not because the system doesn't provide a reliable and enhanced customer service experience.

legacy-to-LCC said:
actually, i am quite envious of jetblue! a high quality product and professional service, to be sure, no doubt about it... i am equally confident in the potential of usair's employees, if provided with implements of commensurate quality, to elevate appearance perspectives...
despite the context, my critique was directed to southwest, where, at the end of the day, pax homogeny prevails. their (let me be sure to clarify: southwest) quality resides in their ability to minimize the significance of the individual pax, at least as it compares, on a fundamental level, to the legacy's traditional committments, i.e., service features, to pax comfort and enjoyment.
[post="297630"][/post]​

If little ole' SWA is responsible for changing the ENTIRE AMERICAN AIRLINE INDUSTRY, (perhaps the WORLD), and most passengers are obviously happy over it then YES, I ACCEPT YOU ASSERTATION!! I will wear it as a badge of honor!!

Your handle is "legacy to LCC", sparky you have no idea what a LCC is. One can not just call themselves a LCC and poof, they become one. Sure screwing passengers and ruining employees lives while filling your pockets with money helps the officers at U. Sure going into bankruptcy multiple times and becoming a deadbeat and not paying your bills is really great. Sure cutting employee's retirement, in some cases in more than half is wonderful. Would doing all of these disgusting actions make an airline LCC? No, most all of the LCC's here in the USA are fun, professioal and PROFITABLE and they treat their employees and passengers well. Do you see the difference? Thats why I say you have no idea what a LCC is, your airline is no way, shape or form a LCC!! :angry:

It seems to me those actions I mentioned above would make you a snake in the grass, spineless, gutless and a no honor airline. Good luck, :p . Keep reaching for the sky, however I doubt you will reach Nirvana status, aka LCC status, LOL.

Daedalus said:
Nobody said that B6 has more than money than AA. The point is that AA can't afford to outfit its entire fleet with a LiveTV system. That is the reason why they haven't followed B6's lead, not because the system doesn't provide a reliable and enhanced customer service experience.
[post="298642"][/post]​

1. You got that right

2. You may want to take a closer look at AA and their financial situation

3. AA doesn't follow; They're the leaders!

4. Why waste money on something that is unreliable?